Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive and Geico

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squashbuckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progressive and Geico
    Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 12:52am
I hate that stupid bubbly girl at the Progressive internet checkout counter.
"Wow! I know, I say it louder!"

I'm so tired of the gecko. It's gone beyond annoying now. All of the recent commercials bring forth a strong desire for someone to step on him. I volunteer.
Sponsored Links

meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 1:02am
[QUOTE=squashbuckler]I hate that stupid bubbly girl at the Progressive internet checkout counter.
"Wow! I know, I say it louder!"

I know I can't stand this one either.  Who cares if you say it louder, besides, no one is listening anyway when she gets on the speaker to announce a savings of 3 hundred dollars. 

I hate ALL Geico commercials!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 1:05am
I hope she says it so louder it makes her hoarse. LOL
msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 1:06am
I still thing the new Geico mascot should be an eagle or a hawk.  It should swoop down and EAT the gecko.  Now that would be a good commercial.
squashbuckler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squashbuckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 1:24am
Oh can't leave out "Pprrrrrrr...that was a cat"

ZOT...that was a taser...

Plus the caveman theme is way overworked. Enough already of this regurgitated crap.
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 7:11am
Was it the Croc' Hunter who glamorized lizards? Him, I liked! The Gecko, squish is ass, NOW!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo sick of the friggin Gecko!!!! Maybe we can stuff him in Billy Mays mouth!!!

HI, BILLY MAY'S HERE. TASTES LIKE CHICKEN!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 12:52am
There is a new caveman ad, with a douche bag dancing around and proclaiming how he learned some of his dancing in Baltimore.

It's not cute, it's not funny........

It's annoying, and needs to end NOW!
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 7:37am
I finally LOOKED at that woman in the Progressive ad. Her makeup is disturbing. It looks like she's in her 50s, trying to look 20. Scary sh*t!
Ryan Ferneau View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Ferneau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 7:59am

Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

There is a new caveman ad, with a douche bag dancing around and proclaiming how he learned some of his dancing in Baltimore.
It reminded me of the first scene of this:
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 8:25pm
They have 2 more Progressive 'checkout woman' ads here. One for motorcycle insurance and another with "customers" milling about in a Progressive supermarket.Ermm

She is silly looking, to say the least, but better than watching hairy cavemen. 
cali2austin View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali2austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008 at 8:54pm

The annoying music in that background of those Progressive 'checkout woman' ads drives me up the wall.  I have to switch the channel every time

Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008 at 10:07pm
I don't get these ads, either of them!!! The progressive ones are annoying, but they haven't bothered me yet because I usually mute or pause them as soon as they come on.

The new Geico ads with the nature watching guy following the damned lizard around is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO getting on my nerves. The one where he's hiding in a dumpster and he gets carted away, made me laugh my ass half off. I like commercials where bad thngs happen to personalities I can't stand. I was just thinking about posting on this very issue regarding the Gecko!! DAMN enough is enough. I remember that, LOST ANOTHER ONE TO DITECH asshole!! This friggin asshat gator tator is all over my nerves like white on rice, on a paper plate in a snow storm!!!

SQUISH HIM YES, but don't feed him to an eagle!! it probably give the bird a fatal stomach spasm!! 
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
sunbreak777 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunbreak777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 2:51am
I agree completely.  The Progressive girl has too much makeup, looked like she got up without brushing her hair and sounds idiotic.  The Geico lizard is ridiculous, but the caveman is worse.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 3:57am
To quote Bill Maher:

"If AIG needs to be bailed out fine but if that company with that cockney lizard ever asks to be bailed out, just let it die."

LOL

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Olivier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olivier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 9:56am
I'm tempted to just start my own thread on this....

Thing is, Progressive has really ramped up the use of this perky, young woman who is just so, so, cool -- but ironically dorky at the same time -- that you can't help but be drawn in by her.

As brilliant as it is, I hate it.

First of all, the actress is way overboard with her portrayal. She seems to believe she's so, so cute that she can get away with anything. She can't. She's disingenuous. I don't believe her.

She's an inherently unbelievable character because she directly pitches the product.

Two words for that: Sell out.

The moral is, Show, don't Tell.

She's all show, no tell.

I'm hating these stupid perky too-cool-for-school ads almost as much as I hate the neutered guy in the MultiGrain Cheerios commercial.
pinniped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 7:16am
These Geico assholes must have had a huge influx of cash, because their sh*t airs every 5 minutes on every damm channel!
SO I GO ON VEHIX.COM!....GOT A CAR TO SELL!....BUYING A CAR IS HARD!
QuestForComedy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuestForComedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 8:23am
These Gieko In The Office Ads Are A Sign that we are in recession cause Geiko is too cheap to hire an actual writer, so instead they hire the same dorkdoodle who writes those lame scripts for Rasin Bran.
harmon m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmon m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 5:18pm
part of me thinks it's sort of a bold move for progressive to hire someone who will obviously be pretty polarizing. there's no way on earth that woman wasn't tested in advance and found to be pretty irritating by some focus groups and they went with her anyway. so if we're here talking about what a douche she is, that's probably just what the folks at progressive want.

the geico things are just sad. like the folks at subway, they just haven't got the slightest idea what else to do. it puts me in the weird position of actually feeling sorry for a big multi-million dollar corporation. maybe that's what they're going for? damn nefarious corporations, you can't even hate 'em without wondering if that's exactly what they want you to do.
Commercial Failure View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commercial Failure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 10:07pm
I know there is already a "Flo" thread but I'm too lazy to hunt for it, but am I the only one who finds Flo kind of hot in a "Inner beauty, outer beauty you can't put your finger on, bubbly with a zest for life stalker who puts locks of your hair under her pillow and threatens to slit her wrists with a complimentary Progressive Logo Click Pen when you try to break up with her, kind of way?
What am I supposed to bitch about when my show comes back on?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic