Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What was the WORST Super Bowl?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What was the WORST Super Bowl?
    Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 4:55pm
As you already know, Indianapolis and New Orleans will square off in this years Super Bowl. One of the things we look forward to is watching the Commercials. This has to be the only day of the year we actually look forward to watching these things!LOL 

Some years have been goodThumbs%20Up, others not-so-goodThumbs%20Down.

I'll start this show by saying 2004 was the Worst Super Bowl. During the Commercial Breaks we were treated to Crotch Biting Dogs and a Gassy Horse. This was followed by a Political "Attack Ad" aimed at then President Bush. Then came a new kind of ad, the "Ed Pill" Ad, complete with Graphic Descriptions and Innuendos. Finally the "Piece de Resistance" The Halftime Show! (Since we all know what happened there I won't delve on it here, what can be said that has'nt been said already?)

Anyhow that's my Opinion.

Does anybody here have others? Lets hear YOUR storys of Bad Commercials during the Super Bowl!
Poiuyt Power!!!
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 5:23pm
Sorry,  I thought from the topic title, you were talking football.  For me, the worst Superbowls were when the Bengals were beaten by the 49er's.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 7:05pm
I jntended it to be commercials, but I guess you could put Games or even the Halftime Show in here as well. So Post Away Everyone!Big%20smile
Poiuyt Power!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 7:19pm
This one:
Googles%20"Super%20Toilet"%20by%20TedsBlog.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ccsnake View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 9:22pm
My worst superbowl was infact 2004 when My Panthers blew it!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 11:21pm
The Janet Jackson "nip" incident at half time. As far as bad Super Bowl commercials go, I try to just forget them.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

The Janet Jackson "nip" incident at half time. As far as bad Super Bowl commercials go, I try to just forget them.
WinkI STILL think it would be in her best interest to come talk to me about that - in private, of course. We could 'review' and determine a LONG-term course of action...one that would help her 'clear her mind' and 'see the light'. 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 11:43pm
Maybe you and Janet can Twitter Titter back & forth, Pa.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 11:57pm
Pa, I'll bet you a nipple nickel that Missy will not like that idea.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Maybe you and Janet can Twitter Titter back & forth, Pa.
Big%20smile'dat be cool. 

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 3:11am
Blimey! I can see where this thread is headed!

My worst one was seeing Baltimore beat my Giants. Thank goodness for SB42 though!

I NEVER watch the halftime show....they always bore me to tears!
One man gathers what another man spills
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 4:42am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Blimey! I can see where this thread is headed!

I've heard all I want to hear about that Censored Janet Jackson Incident!Angry

I meant for this thread to highlight OTHER SUPER BOWLS and their bad Commercials, Halftime Shows Game Moments or whatever, NOT 2004!Confused
Poiuyt Power!!!
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 5:08am
I was rather cross when the GIANTS beat the Patriots. grrr.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
mischa316 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischa316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 6:44am
Originally posted by ccsnake ccsnake wrote:

I would have to say that superbowl as well. I could watch the game but I could not watch the commercials. I was in Kuwait that year and on the armed forces network they do not put any commercials which totally sucked a$$.
Mischa.
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by mischa316 mischa316 wrote:

Originally posted by ccsnake ccsnake wrote:

I would have to say that superbowl as well. I could watch the game but I could not watch the commercials. I was in Kuwait that year and on the armed forces network they do not put any commercials which totally sucked a$$.
Mischa.

Same thing in '91! Just a blank screen during the ad times. Maybe it had the AFN logo, I don't remember. I do remember it came on at 3A.M. and I had patrol at 5, so I missed the Giants upsetting the Bills. Come to think of it, I won $50 on that bet and the guy never paid me.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 5:35pm
So, they Black Out Ads in the AFN yet they show them everywhere else. Does the AFN do this for ALL their Programming? The Super Bowl is one thing but if they don't show Commercials for other events that might be HEAVEN!LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 6:33pm
Join up! No commercials!

That should be on the same brochure with the guys pictured on jet skis with super models. Yeah, that happened.

I mean, yeah, I put it to some broads but good- but I never saw a jet ski. Duped again, by the right wing agenda.
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 3:17am

The first several Super Bowls were pretty good games, and the last six or eight have been good (I loved 42!!!) But I remember switching off several of these snoozers at or before halftime...

XXIX Jan. 29, 1995 San Francisco 49, San Diego 26
XXVII Jan. 31, 1993 Dallas 52, Buffalo 17
XXIV Jan. 28, 1990 San Francisco 55, Denver 10
XXII Jan. 31, 1988 Washington 42, Denver 10
XXI Jan. 25, 1987 N.Y. Giants 39, Denver 20
XX Jan. 26, 1986 Chicago 46, New England 10
XIX Jan. 20, 1985 San Francisco 38, Miami 16
XVIII Jan. 22, 1984 L.A. Raiders 38, Washington 9  
Hundreds of threads killed.
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 3:31am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

This one:
Googles%20Super%20Toilet%20by%20TedsBlog.

OMG, Pa, I sat here thinking, "Now why on earth did PaWolf post a picture of an electronic thermostat?"

Then I read the buttons. Embarrassed   LOLLOLLOLLOL
Hundreds of threads killed.
Asnotseenontv View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asnotseenontv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 5:29am
When the Denver Donkeys beat my packers.Angry
athomas917 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athomas917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 2:30pm
I'm suprised no one mentioned this gem that CBS pulled before it even aired:

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 2:55pm
There's already a thread for THAT "commercial".
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 4:02pm

You can switch over to the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet for halftime.  Much better.

athomas917 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athomas917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

You can switch over to the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet for halftime.  Much better.

Puppy Bowl for the WIN!!!  I can watch this for hours!!

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 12:59am
Many, MANY to choose from, but this is probably the one I hate most of all:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic