Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interstate Batteries/Gods love

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interstate Batteries/Gods love
    Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 10:03pm
Most of you have not seen this, An animated view of everybody having a  bad day. Road rage, Domestic problems , Then this wave of magic dust ,shaped like hearts, turns everyone into peaceful ,god loving people.  I just don't get it.  Is the sulfuric acid from the battery charging causing this state of euphoria? 
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 1:17am
SOUNDS...um....interesting

Got a video?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
TexasRanger View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasRanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 2:09am
Here's the video:
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 6:18pm
Wow just Wow

They expect THAT to sell batteries?

Damn I was hoping it was a commercial for a religious organization, at least THAT would make sense!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
IceFroggyFrog View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceFroggyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:01pm
This is the best battery commercial ever, damn it!

God's love = batteries. Makes sense to me. I'm gonna go buy some batteries RIGHT NOW! Seriously, at least it's different, and not gross.

Here's something from their website:

"Burdened with man’s inhumanity to man, Interstate Batteries Chairman Norm Miller created a commercial to promote God’s love. The commercial, which airs on Dish Network, shows the positive change in the lives of several people when touched by God’s love."
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 10:18pm
I refuse to confirm or deny, what I might have said earlier. From the church of blissful sedation.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 5:57pm
Those people are all from the same universe as Mr. Opportunity. No wonder he is so obnoxious. He is hopped up on some new drug  called "Love" and it is being pushed by a faceless dealer who carries the street name "God"
Phil View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 7:34pm
they can all be happy and peaceful, as long as they're the same religion.
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 3:49pm

I'll grant the commercial itself doesn't make sense, but let's see...head of a privately-held corporation uses some of the co.'s profits to make a PSA-type ad promoting a generic message he feels will help the community, without asking anyone else to kick in.

I don't see the problem.

I admire his willingness to mention God in a public setting. That's considered nearly a felony offense these days.

As for Interstate Battieries, they're among the best. If you don't like the ad, don't watch it, and/or don't buy their batteries. Simple as that.
Hundreds of threads killed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic