Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Creepy Chuck-e-Cheese

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creepy Chuck-e-Cheese
    Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 5:51pm
I saw a Chuck-e-Cheese commercial where they had talking basketballs, skee-ball machines, and everything that looked like it was posessed by Satan himself!

This commercial is a WTF commercial here!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 6:07pm
When my kids were little and inside Chuck-e-cheese, I was outside smoking when another dad walked out.  I said "How do you like "Fathers' Hell?"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 7:12pm
Near me, we have a place called John's Incredible Pizza.  This place is to Chuck E. Cheese what Disney World is to Disneyland.  Hour-long lines to get in, hard to find a table, kids and rides everywhere.  I went there once.  It was hellish.  Pizza sucked, too.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 7:26pm
Never seen it. I used to work at CEC and from what I hear my old location has gotten a more "ghetto" clientele. When I left fights were rare, but now they have security on the weekends because of the stupid ghetto trash that like to get into fights over god knows what at a children's pizza place. Glad I got out when I did.
athomas917 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athomas917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 8:11pm
Ah, the famous Chuck E Cheese ghetto fights:

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 8:18pm
(Deleted)
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 8:34pm
Wow geez! I'm glad I don't go to Chuck E. Cheese anymore!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Never seen it. I used to work at CEC and from what I hear my old location has gotten a more "ghetto" clientele. When I left fights were rare, but now they have security on the weekends because of the stupid ghetto trash that like to get into fights over god knows what at a children's pizza place. Glad I got out when I did.

That's funny.  The one time I went to that place I mentioned near where I live, a coupla black chicks were beating on each other in the parking lot.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 8:59pm
'Chuck E. Cheese' is the BEST friggin' place for chilluns to build up their immunity system...between the sloppy tables, games, play areas, and so forth...I'm surprised they haven't been recognized by the CDC as a 'host' environment for about every stinkin' bacterial and viral infection we encounter...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
athomas917 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athomas917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 11:01pm
Its funny that I always hear about how fun it is for kids but never about the actual quality of the food.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 11:22pm
It has gone down hill that is for sure. And the little ones that popped up this last decade in the malls and strip malls are just weird a "chuck e cheese lite". The arcade is minimal, the pizza is still mediocre and they don't have the animatronic characters in the small ones.

I know part of it is the arcade craze dying back really made it less appealing for the tween/teen crowd (save for said ghetto incidents I suppose)
When I was little in the early 80s in San Jose,Chuck E Cheeses were both huge multi storied places and they were full of arcade games and ball pits and strobe light rooms.
Many a birthday of mine and friends of mine were spent there.
Oh and sadly the fat cigar chomping 1900s era derby wearing Rat has been replaced by a "Ra-mouse" wearing a stupid early 90s purple bike helmet and spandex
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 11:54pm
we don't have Chuck-E-Cheese around here. Gotta travel an hour and a half.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Angry Lil Fat Man Angry Lil Fat Man wrote:

we don't have Chuck-E-Cheese around here. Gotta travel an hour and a half.

You don't really have to.
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 6:41am
I only been to one once along time ago,when it was called "Showbiz Pizza"and I was'nt that impressed with the place.
Julie
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:36pm
wait, how old are you team edward?
and were you in the bay area?
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:57pm
Chuck E. Cheese............there isn't enough bleach in the free world!
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

wait, how old are you team edward?
and were you in the bay area?
I'm 33(I'll be 34 in June).No,I was'nt in the Bay area.I went to a Showbiz Pizza in Nashville,TN on a church field trip,when I was 11.I live 2 hrs away from Nashville and we did'nt have one here(still don't).
Julie
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 12:24am
There were 2 arcade/pizza joints in the 80s that combined to make CEC, those were Showbiz Pizza, and Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza Time Theater. They combined to make Showbiz Pizza Time Theater, then changed to Chuck E. Cheese's. Fun fact: Atari creator Nolan Bushnell created Chuck E. Cheese. Personally, Chuck E. Cheese is overpriced, and having worked there I know how much it costs to make a pizza. Selling a large supreme for like 17.99 is outrageous. With profits like that, it aint going anywhere anytime soon. I DO think cutting the alcohol sales would help stop fights, but lets face it, that isn't going anywhere either.
Rayj40444 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rayj40444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 11:47pm

You know what I've always found stupid about Chuck E. Cheese commercials? The fact that every time he pops up in the kid(s) room he suddenly makes a door appear on the wall, window, etc. WTF?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic