Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

kingsizedirect.com- NOT FGF (Fat Guy Friendly)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: kingsizedirect.com- NOT FGF (Fat Guy Friendly)
    Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 6:41pm
Alright, so I'm a big guy. As Gomer Pyle would say, "Surprise, surprise, surprise!" Nobody is shocked to find that out. So it's not enough that to get clothing that fits I have to buy it from the big and tall catalog, no, they think I must be retarded just because I am big.

I go to kingsizedirect.com to place an order. I pick my fat guy clothes and go to the "Checkout". I log in (apparently I am a repeat customer) and my shipping address automatically fills in. This would lead anyone with an IQ over 70 to assume I LOGGED IN CORRECTLY, right? Oh- not an imaginary person named "Wendy Melendez". More on her later.

So my address is filled in and I am logged in, I click "Continue", then I get an error page that says:

We're Experiencing Problems with Your Order
We apologize for the inconvenience while you're shopping at KingSize.com. Please try to checkout again from the beginning. Or try reloading the page by clicking here.

If you still experience problems, please Contact Us through our Customer Contact Form, or by calling us at (800) 228-3120.

Thank you for your patience.

Uh, okay. I try several times to process my order, all with the same results. So I (like a dumbass) click the Customer Contact Form thinking it may help. I send this message, because I am in a hurry:

It won't process my order any further than the page that has my billing address after logging in, I keep getting an error message.

Now I know it's not loaded with information, but to a reasonably intelligent person it should lead to couple of conclusions:

1) He is on the billing address page, which means:
2) He had to log on correctly to get his address to show up, which means:
3) Possibly, just possibly, there *might* be a problem on our end that we should investigate before we accuse him of being so dumb that he doesn't know how to log in properly.

Right? WRONG! This is where the fictitious person, Wendy Melendez, gets involved. Thursday at 3:50pm I receive an email response:

Dear RC
My name is Wendy Melendez. I will be helping you with your issue today. Thank you for your email. Please double check to make sure you have registered correctly. The password field is case sensitive. You must enter your password using the exact same case as when you registered. Ex: your password is "clover" (all lower case) and you entered "CLOVER" (all capitals). If you still need help, please go to Password Hint and your hint will be emailed to you.
If you have received an error message while selecting Express Delivery, the following may be causing the error:
1. You have a backordered item; backordered items are not shipped via Express Delivery.
2. You're purchasing a Gift Certificate, which is mailed first class separate from the order.
If the total order has a "zero" dollar value, the items selected are not available, and you will not be able to checkout. Please delete the "zero" items and continue to shop.
If you are still having problems checking out or adding products to your basket, you can Contact Us or call us toll-free at (800) 507-9302.
Shop KingSizeĀ® - More for Less in Big & Tall Sizes for Men
http://www.kingsizedirect.com
Sincerely,
Wendy Melendez
KingSizeDirect.com Customer Support

None of which addresses ANYTHING I described. I said nothing about gift certificates, or Express Delivery, and the very fact that I was on the Billing Address page should be an indicator that I AM logged in properly.

So I write back:

I'm sorry, I was in a hurry when I emailed you the first time. I will be more clear- it lets me log in, and I am trying to choose standard shipping. I am on the first page after you click "checkout" on the shopping cart page (https://www.kingsizedirect.com/Checkout/ShippingEnterAddress.aspx). I use the drop down menu to choose my Billing Address. It fills in my billing/shipping address. I click "Continue". It then takes me to a page (https://www.kingsizedirect.com/Checkout/ShippingMethod.aspx) that says:

"We're Experiencing Problems with Your Order
We apologize for the inconvenience while you're shopping at KingSize.com. Please try to checkout again from the beginning. Or try reloading the page by clicking here.
If you still experience problems, please Contact Us through our Customer Contact Form, or by calling us at (800) 228-3120.
Thank you for your patience."

Reloading the page doesn't help, which is why I contacted you.

So you may think this would explain it properly, or at least close enough to get a response that might be helpful? WRONG. Yesterday morning at 10:52 I get this response from (guess who?) WENDY MELENDEZ:

Dear RC
My name is Wendy Melendez. I will be helping you with your issue today. Thank you for your email. Please double check to make sure you have registered correctly. The password field is case sensitive. You must enter your password using the exact same case as when you registered. Ex: your password is "clover" (all lower case) and you entered "CLOVER" (all capitals). If you still need help, please go to Password Hint and your hint will be emailed to you.
If you have received an error message while selecting Express Delivery, the following may be causing the error:
1. You have a backordered item; backordered items are not shipped via Express Delivery.
2. You're purchasing a Gift Certificate, which is mailed first class separate from the order.
If the total order has a "zero" dollar value, the items selected are not available, and you will not be able to checkout. Please delete the "zero" items and continue to shop.
If you are still having problems checking out or adding products to your basket, you can Contact Us or call us toll-free at (800) 507-9302.
http://www.kingsizedirect.com
Sincerely,
Wendy Melendez
KingSizeDirect.com Customer Support

I almost lost my f*cking mind. Not only am I still unclear about the circumstances involving my arrest the night before, but I am unclear as to how this is supposed to be helpful in any way.

So I email back, a little less polite this time:

Is anyone bothering to read my emails? I just got WORD FOR WORD the same response from "Wendy Melendez" at 10:52am today that "she" sent me at 3:50pm YESTERDAY!

"Dear RC

Sincerely,
Wendy Melendez
KingSizeDirect.com Customer Support"

Let me reiterate:

1) I ENTERED MY PASSWORD CORRECTLY. IF I HADN'T, YOUR SYSTEM WOULDN'T HAVE MY SAVED BILLING ADDRESS AVAILABLE TO ME, OR SAY "WELCOME RC"! I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I LATER DELIBERATELY ENTERED MY PASSWORD WRONG TO SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN!!!

2) IT HASN'T OFFERED ME AN OPTION ON SHIPPING, THERE IS NO BACKORDER, I AM NOT CHOOSING EXPRESS DELIVERY, AND I AM USING NO GIFT CARDS!

Here is (AGAIN) what I responded to you, PLEASE READ IT THIS TIME!

"I will be more clear- it lets me log in, and I am trying to choose standard shipping. I am on the first page after you click "checkout" on the shopping cart page (https://www.kingsizedirect.com/Checkout/ShippingEnterAddress.aspx). I use the drop down menu to choose my Billing Address. It fills in my billing/shipping address. I click "Continue". It then takes me to a page (https://www.kingsizedirect.com/Checkout/ShippingMethod.aspx) that says:

We're Experiencing Problems with Your Order

Thank you for your patience.
Reloading the page doesn't help, which is why I contacted you."

Apparently selling things isn't what you really care about doing, customer service DEFINITELY isn't a concern to you either.

It would be helpful if you would actually read your emails and send a response that makes sense instead of a stupid form letter with the name of an imaginary person on it!

I will be posting this on a consumer advocate blog so as to warn others to steer clear of your sham of a company.

No word as of yet...
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 7:07pm
Wow, I guess they don't really care about customer service!

they just send out automatic emails to respond to complaints and not focused on how to fix it.

Screw them for that!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 8:36pm
Apparently I won't be ordering the buy 2 get 1 free flannel shirts.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 8:53pm
I would consider another provider, Bubba...maybe, oh...like "L.L. Bean"? They are ALWAYS proper and respond accordingly.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 8:58pm
Yeah, as soon as LL Bean sells something larger than XL I'll look into it. I ain't kidding. I'm 6'5" and 320 lbs. I have a 60" chest, a 40" waist, 21" neck, 24" sleeves, a 34" inseam, and size 14 1/2 EEE feet.

LL Bean might sell a hat I could fit into, but it ends there.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by RichardCranium RichardCranium wrote:

Yeah, as soon as LL Bean sells something larger than XL I'll look into it. I ain't kidding. I'm 6'5" and 320 lbs. I have a 60" chest, a 40" waist, 21" neck, 24" sleeves, a 34" inseam, and size 14 1/2 EEE feet.

LL Bean might sell a hat I could fit into, but it ends there.
Confuseduh, well...I ASSUMED as much...but - just outta curiosity, didja ask 'em?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 11:43pm
We get the catalogs (my wife is a tiny thing- she buys stuff) and they are good quality. Just never seen anything above (the rare) 2XL.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 11:56pm
Richard, I feel your pain! Big Momma is not a petite flower. I have been into stores that sell "plus size" [petite pachyderm] only to be told that they only carry that size on line! I was actually told by some bitch at Orvis that they didn't have room to stock the larger sizes, It was said with a sneer. I wrote to their headquarters and was told she would receive a reprimand and they sent me a gift certificate. I hate shopping for clothes.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 3:22am
I can't stand it either. Of course there's always the big & tall store- where they are cruel bastards who enjoy making bigger people look funny by designing the store with as little room between racks as possible. I get around the 5-7-9 Store when my wife drags me there easier than I do the B&T store.

I wish I could say I can't believe how rudely you were treated, but unfortunately that's how the younger generation is. With few exceptions they have been trained by their parents to expect everything go their way all the time, and when it doesn't (like you interrupt them texting to wait on you) they get snotty. People who act like that to customers get what they deserve. This is when a child comes in handy, I can turn to my son and say, "That's why you go to college- so you don't end up in a miserable dead end job like him/her."

Kind of gets the point across.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic