Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HH Gregg singing icepick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HH Gregg singing icepick
    Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 12:00am
Reminiscent of sharp fingernails being loudly drawn across a blackboard.
Hear this ad only once and you'll envy the deaf....
Sponsored Links

Cornholio View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornholio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 1:51am
UGH I hate this one.  It comes on nonstop on local TV.    Nothing like an obnoxious animated 'character' butchering christmas songs to advertise a TV store.    I hate how he sings "H,H,H,H,H,H,H,H HH GREG" in that stupid falsetto voice.
gabba gabba hey!
unhappytobehere View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unhappytobehere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 6:48am
What I fail to understand is what makes the creative thinkers who come up with this throwaway bullsh*t feel that these ads will make people rush to the store to buy the product. I haven't begun to shop for anyone yet, but when I do, I'll make a point to not go to HH Gregg. It's too bad that a fictional singing smiley-face pisses me off so much, but I can't help it.
alex9152 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex9152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 4:20pm
Haven't seen these commercials even though HH Gregg took over two former Circuit City locations in my area. Or is it because I've stopped watching TV?

Either way, I was considering working there as my first job.
Fang View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 7:39am
Hated this commercial the very first time I saw it.

That "ice pick" needs to be jammed up the ass of the ad exec who thought of it!
Angry
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 7:21pm
Glad I'm missing this one sounds like torture.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jnmcda0 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jnmcda0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 9:50pm
ARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!   Kill it with fire!!!! 

I haven't seen the TV commercial, but I've heard the radio version about 12 times in the last 2 days.  This might be the most offensive commercial of the year.  There is intentionally bad singing about products on sale to the tune of a Christmas song (Deck the Halls).  Whoever thought this ad was a good idea should be drawn and quartered.  At least it will be over after next week.
parrotheada1a View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parrotheada1a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 10:40pm
Thankfully there are no HH Gregg stores that I know of in New England.
The ad I'd really love to see has the GEICO Gecko being run over and flattened by the Energizer bunny.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 12:37am
Yes!

I get to miss it!

Just as long as I stay in New England I won't be infected by this ad.
poptartH8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poptartH8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 2:50am
ACKKKK! First time I saw this one was about two weeks ago, and ran here to see if anyone had posted about it yet. (No) I didn't have time, but I was sure it wouldn't be long. Yep, I was right! I also will make it a point NOT to shop at hhgreg, purely based upon the amount of irritation this ad alone has caused me. Who the *F* sings the HHHHHH over and over again. Not to mention they have that ridiculous "character", whatever "it is" (a rolled up newspaper?!? What!?), actually hesitate and look at his music sheet as if he can't remember the next word! It's H! It's f**king H! How hard is that. Jesus I hate this one Booooooooooooooooo
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 10:13pm
That piece of shit has got to hold the record for the most obnoxious commercial mascot in the history of advertising.

BTW, he's not an ice pick, he's a rolled up HH Gregg sales paper.

Whoever the assholes were who came up with this thing really deserve to be shot.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 11:20pm
The horrible singing is like having an icepick jammed in your ear.  Hear this ad enough, and you'll be tempted to reach for one just to make the sound go away.  Hopefully the ad will be gone in a week....
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

That piece of shit has got to hold the record for the most obnoxious commercial mascot in the history of advertising.

BTW, he's not an ice pick, he's a rolled up HH Gregg sales paper.

Whoever the assholes were who came up with this thing really deserve to be shot.

GOOD GOD WTF IS THAT THING????Confused

can you say BUTT UGLY????Dead

Annoying piece of Censored that thing is and that's based on judging on this little Censored's appearance, I'd HATE to hear what comes out of it's mouth!

Oh Censored I found a video.

lets see this little Censored in action!

oh Censored another one!

Duffin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 4:24am
I have been wanting to post on this for a long time, but seeing these singing commercials, I had to add my two cents. Ever since I saw this, I couldn't figure out why they would think that making a rolled up ad into a mascot would be a good idea. I'm all for a company having a mascot, but why couldn't they do something MORE CREATIVE?

Hell, I'll come up with one right now. It's a red dalmatian puppy with yellow spots called Greggy. He goes around the store amazed at the sales, asking the employees if the prices are actually correct. There. HH Gregg, the price to use my idea is negotiable. Oh, and he would never ever EVER sing.
parrotheada1a View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parrotheada1a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 8:17am
Ya know... I get a kick out of that first ad... the sale is 20-30% off the SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE... which is set by the manufacturer. Big fat hairy deal.
The ad I'd really love to see has the GEICO Gecko being run over and flattened by the Energizer bunny.
LOT Tu-134 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOT Tu-134 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 7:50pm
I have to admit, the ad being discussed possibly deserves the #1 spot in 2009's worst ad ever. For those fortunate enough not to see it, congratulations, I kept running into this one, and let me tell you, equalizing it to nails on a chalkboard or microphone feedback is really being kind to the ad, it's far worse. I found myself twitching whenever he started singing.

The thing that freaking pisses me off is that they ADMIT that this ad is annoying by throwing a snowball at him, and he keeps on singing! It's like they're saying "hh Greg advertisement cannot be stopped, resistance is futile!"

For those who want to see this abortion of a commercial, here it is, ironically enough, hhgreg has their own channel on youtube so you can see all their terrible commercials!

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 4:59am
God that was awful now imagine seeing that repeatedly like 20 times more it would probably make me ill.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 8:05am
There's no HH Gregg in New York City. Thank goodness for that! That "singing" one was horrible! It definitely would qualify as a Mute Button All-Star.

BTW, MrTim, I LOL'ed at your description of that...thing as an icepick.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic