Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scott Tissue Whispering Office

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scott Tissue Whispering Office
    Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 2:44am
First, I admit I buy the product, have for years before this commercial was ever thought of, but I hate this commercial!  Angry

All of the people in the office whispering to each other.  Then they have a surprise party where everyone whispers surprise.  Then this guy walks in talking like a normal human being and the others give each other this knowing look of Oh it's the New Guy, te he he. Angry Ouch

The tissue is so soft we have to whisper to each other.  Yeah I get it, not really. Dead

Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 2:50am
You're kidding...is this back?
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 2:54am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

You're kidding...is this back?

Yep, got it on the DVR from something I recorded earlier today.

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 1:08pm
Speaking softly has no correlation with tissue softness.

And they are the loudest whisperers, ever.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 1:44pm
I always thought Scott products were lousy
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 7:01pm
If they like the tissue so much and want to whisper they should be forced to eat the toilet paper.
Angry

I'm serious.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

Speaking softly has no correlation with tissue softness.

And they are the loudest whisperers, ever.

That's the most annoying part about this video - it's like they thought of a "clever" idea that they thought would be cute and were desperate to use it even though the premise is completely ridiculous and makes absolutely no sense.
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 3:27am
I'll bet the ad agency farmed it out to a company like Charmin (who actually makes soft toilet paper) first, but they had the good sense to not use it.

Scott is what we used to use for TP-ing someone's house when we were kids because it is so durable. Nothing durable should ever be used in or around your poop chute.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 4:12pm
Scott's vintage TP is nothing more than extra thin construction paper. Not great, but then again, look what your using it for..... not exactly a high end use.  It's really cheap stuff too and considering you are litterally throwing it down the toilet.....  I'm not complaining.

Their soft version is pretty good though.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 5:32pm
I like to use Scott's since it's not too hard or not too soft.

The Charmin commercials are the annoying ones with the bear cubs with toilet paper on their butts.

I miss Mr. Whippel.
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 8:20pm
Who are you people with asses made of titanium? If there are two spots on my body that I am going to give the kid gloves treatment to it's my anus and my junk. I might go a week without shaving, maybe skip my evening shower if I am running late for work, and I'll be honest- I only brush twice a day and not the three times the dentist tells me to. But I am NOT rubbing my tender taint with newspaper unless I am in a war.And that's only to give me enough anger to go after the enemy with a vengeance.

"You! My sore chocolate drop spot is all YOUR FAULT!"

Craftychiq View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craftychiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 8:28pm
ROFL Richard, well we use Angel Soft cuz it's the only damned TP that doesn't clog up the damned toilet. Charmin is especially guilty of this, whether it's the strong or the soft even a little bit clogs the hell out of the toilet. We damn near broke a plunger we had to use it so friggin often GRRRR! Ok end rant;)
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 9:24pm
I guess I must be lucky because this phenomenon of clogging a toilet with tp is something I have never heard of. Because I use Charmin, I can use less so it isn't an issue. If you are using 10 squares of one ply, that's still as much as I am using so maybe it isn't the tp that's clogging your head.

Just throwin' it out there. Wink
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 10:33pm
I use Scott tissue

ducks flying vegetables. LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 10:39pm
I don't make judgement calls based on ass tape, I just like to pamper my pooper.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 4:11am
...why, *I* just used some Scott Tissue moments ago!
Was *I* whispering?
No...more like 'grunting'.
But afterwards, I sure felt a lot better about the world in general... 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Craftychiq View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craftychiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by RichardCranium RichardCranium wrote:

I guess I must be lucky because this phenomenon of clogging a toilet with tp is something I have never heard of. Because I use Charmin, I can use less so it isn't an issue. If you are using 10 squares of one ply, that's still as much as I am using so maybe it isn't the tp that's clogging your head.

Just throwin' it out there. Wink

That's what we thought at first but even just a little bit was clogging the thing up. We had to use the plunger almost every time we flushed (dunno if the thing expands in there or what) but we just chalked it up to POS government issued toilets (this is our 3rd consecutive housing unit where this has happened) and switched brands. We have to stick to the ones that say septic safe or recyclable otherwise we seem to have problems:(
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 5:44pm
Well, I'm sorry for you Super Pooper- but even when I was living on base I couldn't clog a head. Maybe because I was busy drinking so much beer I never had a solid sh*t- but that's just speculation.

Of course- I'm sure your hubby will attest that the crappers in the squad bay or dorms are way more "industrial" than those in the family housing units.

Plus we had to go off base to get Charmin or Cottonelle- all they had at the BX was Scotts. Confused 

my poor brown eye.....
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 6:24pm
I just don't want to pay 4 dollars for mere toilet paper.
Hannaford's toilet paper is not so bad. It's not sandpaper like most store toilet paper and there's always those wet wipe things too.

Though a bidet would be nice.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic