Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michelin Dancing Roadkill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michelin Dancing Roadkill
    Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 4:46am
The cartoony ad would have you believe that a set of their new tires will make life safer for the critters sharing the road with you.
Sorry, no way.
I'm not slamming on the brakes or swerving out of the way (and potentially into a worse situation) for some squirrel that can't decide which direction to dart in at the last second (they do that on purpose, you know), as it will run right under my wheels anyway. 
No Michelin, put out a set of tires with metal studs so that I can squash the little f**kers and I'm sold....
Sponsored Links

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 6:45pm
I think the creatures are cute and I have no heart of running any of them over.Embarrassed

I'm not an activist, but I just think those creatures deserve better.Cry

Thankfully they get that happy ending.Clap
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:08pm
OP callous much?

Geez have sympathy for the poor little things...they're only trying to cross the road.

This commercial didn't bother me at all.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

The cartoony ad would have you believe that a set of their new tires will make life safer for the critters sharing the road with you.
Sorry, no way.
I'm not slamming on the brakes or swerving out of the way (and potentially into a worse situation) for some squirrel that can't decide which direction to dart in at the last second (they do that on purpose, you know), as it will run right under my wheels anyway. 
No Michelin, put out a set of tires with metal studs so that I can squash the little f**kers and I'm sold....
Big%20smileYou beat me to this one, Bubba! Took the words from my mouth...I saw this one ONCE - I was coherent and I saw the WHOLE THING - uuuuuunbelievable!!!
This commercial should leave any decent human lost for words.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 11:53pm
New tires of any brand won't do diddly if your brakes are worn.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 5:14am
LOL, on another viewing of this ad, at the end of it many of the animals have tire tracks across their bodies, so apparently not only do the Michelin tires claim to keep you from creating furry road pizzas, but they also bring roadkill back to life.  No wonder they are dancing happily...! LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 11:57pm
LOLThey were 'happily dancing in place' (glued to the pavement!)
We NEED this video - it is incredible. 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 12:16am
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 2:49am
Ya know...with this commercial coming back out of nowhere, it has given me a chance to re-evaluate it.
*NEW* opinion?
It sucks just as bad, if not worse than before.
Anyone notice all the "dancin' critters" have 'Charley Brown' stripes on their chests?
"ROAD KILL" COME TO LIFE!
'Revenge of the Zombies'...or maybe just another 'Delaware Lunch'...

(to clarify for some: the official 'Road Kill Cafe' is a GREAT place to eat, should you pass through Dover...check out the menu)

clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 11:48pm
This just isn't right at all.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

New tires of any brand won't do diddly if your brakes are worn.
The shocks and struts play a role in it too. As for hitting animals I really try to avoid hitting stuff. I'm not an animal rights loon but in the same token I at least make some effort to avoid killing stuff needlessly.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 7:07pm
Big%20smileI *still* want some of those COOL 'Charly Brown' furs the critters in the commercial are wearing - just want 'em already 'printed' (and gutted)....
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 6:10am
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

Thankfully they get that happy ending.Clap
so instead of running them over, you give them a massage & then j@ck them off?   haha!!

All joking aside, I agree - I regularly brake for chipmunks, squirrels, rabbits, birds, etc.  Just this morning I scared the cr@p out of my wife because I hit the brakes in the parking lot to keep from hitting a chippie..
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 6:09pm
ConfusedGotta be careful there, JL.
I *used* to do that...until, one fateful day, I did it while MissyDWolf wasn't wearing her seatbelt.
She got the official 'stupid stamp' (that happens when your forehead slams against the dashboard and you become a 'walking advertisement' for whomever produced your vehicle).
The critter survived.
I got the crap beat out of me.  
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 6:54pm
All I know is, I've been driving on Michelins for years, and as far as I'm aware, have never run over any animals.  So, Michelins just might be magical.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 7:02pm
You may have a point.
Our cars have worn 'Michelins' for many years - *I* never hit anything, nor got hit by anything IN THE ROAD.
kicket View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 1:35am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Sorry, no way.

I am with you i have seen them get all the way to the white line on the other side of the road safe and sound the decide to spinn and RUN back into the road,,anything that dumb deserves to be dead call it weeding out the dumb..goes for people too take off all the common sense  warning labels and soon the dumb will be dead or fingerless....side note my kids thought this commercial was wrong..
Jnmcda0 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jnmcda0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

All I know is, I've been driving on Michelins for years, and as far as I'm aware, have never run over any animals.  So, Michelins just might be magical.

Sorry to deflate your theory (pun intended), but I've been driving for 15 years on various sets of tires (none of which were Michelins) and I have yet to have an accident or hit an animal.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 2:21am
Originally posted by Jnmcda0 Jnmcda0 wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Sorry to deflate your theory (pun intended), but I've been driving for 15 years on various sets of tires (none of which were Michelins) and I have yet to have an accident or hit an animal.
Hey....let's put a brake to this now (pun intended) - You're probably just a 'Pep Boys' customer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic