Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The new holiday Folgers commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 5:04am
Originally posted by jenjen jenjen wrote:

Originally posted by RichardCranium RichardCranium wrote:

She said "attacked". Quit playing the victim, no one was attacking either one of you.

Richard dear....Did you get the part where I said it IS JUST A STUPID FREAKING COMMERCIAL????????????
LET'S MOVE ON SHALL WE? AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

[/QUOTE] Yeah,really!This arguements starting to get old!
Julie
Sponsored Links

RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 5:08am

She said "attacked". Quit playing the victim, no one was attacking either one of you.

Richard dear....Did you get the part where I said it IS JUST A STUPID FREAKING COMMERCIAL????????????
LET'S MOVE ON SHALL WE? AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

[/QUOTE]

I try- but you two seem hell bent on having the final word.

And Edward, anyone who really wants an argument to end doesn't throw gas on the fire. Only people who wish to see it escalate do that.
Jeff98177 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff98177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 5:15am
Anyone who has seen your posts in reaction to the Gap kids commercial will see you are in serious need of some help, Richard. You're "Who, me?" atitude here is not fooling anyone.
Life is like the game of baseball, except that in life, there's no infield fly rule.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 5:28am

Thank you Dr. Jeff. I'll check into that help first thing in the morning.

I have repeatedly stated that if someone comes after me, I return with all guns blazing. There is a way to disagree with me without being disrespectful. I pointed out to Stacy what was (apparently up until then) the concensus about the perception of this commercial. I threw in a few of my own hypothesis and was greeted in return with an insult, followed up by accusations of needed drug use by a person not involved with the conversation to begin with, and it escalated from there. This proves that neither of these two have a sense of humor, and that they feel the need to "gang up" on people who dare to disagree with them.

So my "who me?" attitude is based in the fact that all I did was point out that most of us agreed there was some sort of devious sexual undertones at play here, and someone thought they could make a couple of snide little remarks without me retaliating.

Don't want sh*t from me? Don't start sh*t with me. Simple. I respond to respect with respect, and to snide little 13 year old bullsh*t in kind. That's just how I am.

And if you took what I wrote in the GAP thread seriously, then you sir are the one in need of help.
rocketman70092 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman70092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 5:48am
Wasn't it Folgers that did those mini soap opera type commercials, where they'd give you a 30 second snippet of a scene and it would literally be cut off...so then they'd expect the viewer to stay on the edge of their couch, as if we care?

I laughed at the stupidity of the commercial at the time, but Ive been longing to see them once I discovered that the douche guy went on to play Giles - the 2nd coolest librarian ever - on Buffy.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 5:54am
That was Giles? I never paid it much attention.

So of course, I must ask who the 1st coolest librarian is?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 6:55am
Oooh!  A fight!

I'm just kinda bummed that no one got my Charles Manson reference on page 1.  Or maybe they got it, but they thought it sucked.  LOL

Oh, well.  It cracked me up when I wrote it.  Smile

ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 2:28pm
You fighters may take it to the Flame Room or kindly STFU.
Have a wonderful day.

Nathan

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Oooh!  A fight!

I'm just kinda bummed that no one got my Charles Manson reference on page 1.  Or maybe they got it, but they thought it sucked.  LOL

Oh, well.  It cracked me up when I wrote it.  Smile

I love it when I crack myself up, even if no one else thinks it's funny. LOL
DollMaker66 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DollMaker66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Stacy Stacy wrote:

Boy, fellow commercial watchers, you are BRUTAL!
I've seen this commercial about a dozen times and I don't see anything "creepy" about it.
He doesn't "look his sister up and down" in the beginning, he's teasing by looking at the address on the house to make sure he's at the right place because his sister has grown. She puts the bow on her brother because she's glad he's home, I don't see anything "sexual" or suggestive in it at all. Can't family members show affection without its being construed as having sexual overtones? As for his coming home from West Africa, he could be coming home from traveling for a long time or from a job or a lot of things, it doesn't have to be from military duty or the peace corps. He may not have called or texted because he wanted to surprise them as to the actual time of his arrival.
What a cynical age we live in, it's disheartening.

I agree with you, Stacy...maybe it "is" an age thing...I'm 43 and I've seen this commercial several times and never got any creepy sexual vibe from it...and hubby and I usually can pick up on stuff like that.  I actually liked it.  I agree, things are pretty sad when people read so much into something that's really supposed to be innocent.
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 11:42pm
Yes, DollMaker66, I guess it is an age thing. I'm even older than you and the age I grew up in was totally different. More civility, more privacy, more respect. Sadder still is the fact that it's only going to get worse. )-;
GoMEAT85 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoMEAT85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 4:01am
That's why there's so many sick people in this society. They all think overly sexual. And there's no need to be rude over someone's argument. I don't get these forums sometimes. The people are as sick as the commercials!Dead

(I'm Chanél & I approve of this message.)
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 4:42am
Originally posted by GoMEAT85 GoMEAT85 wrote:

That's why there's so many sick people in this society. They all think overly sexual. And there's no need to be rude over someone's argument. I don't get these forums sometimes. The people are as sick as the commercials!Dead
I agree.
Julie
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 5:48am
Originally posted by TeamEdward1976 TeamEdward1976 wrote:

I agree.

Yup!!! I thought we were all mature ADULTS and here to have fun and share opinions...that's what I USE to think...some people just have deep seated issues that have nothing to do with this forum.Ouch
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 7:07am

Originally posted by TeamEdward1976 TeamEdward1976 wrote:

I agree.

Yup!!! I thought we were all mature ADULTS and here to have fun and share opinions...that's what I USE to think...some people just have deep seated issues that have nothing to do with this forum.Ouch

That's what you USE to think, huh? Well- I USED to think that just because my opinion was different I wasn't pegged as a freak. I also USED to think that when the ADMINISTRATOR of the whole WEBSITE said, oh- I dunno.... something like:

Originally posted by NathanAlexander NathanAlexander wrote:

You fighters may take it to the Flame Room or kindly STFU.
Have a wonderful day.

Nathan

it meant to do ONE or the OTHER. But apparently in the world you live in it meant:
Originally posted by NathanAlexander NathanAlexander wrote:

By all means, continue to take cheap shots at someone; question his mental health and morality, and of course- make little insults knowing that if he says anything in return you can come crying like the babies you are to me and I will have him removed.

So be it.

But Nathan- bear in mind- I tried to let this drop. I made MANY posts in other topics after yours in this one. I respected your request. I was NOT the one who just couldn't let it go.

If there is any punishment dealt- the only thing that would be fair would be equal among anyone who continued after your post (admittedly including me).
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 4:21pm

But Nathan- bear in mind- I tried to let this drop....

But you didn't.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic