Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Psycho Target Lady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advertz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Psycho Target Lady
    Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 4:34pm
Target is running this commercial every few minutes. Its entitled "War Room" on YouTube. Watch around 10 seconds and 22 seconds. She does this montage of hand movements along with a death stare. Creepy to the max!

Sponsored Links

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 4:42pm
I know too many people like her.  "If you're anything like me...you're perfect.  But since you're not..."

This lady nails that stereotype. 

Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
korydvandyke View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korydvandyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 4:49pm
I watched it without sound (cause I'm at work) and it was probably scarier that way.

Here's a thought: Who records these commercials and rushes to their computer to upload them on youtube? Is there an internet fanbase of commercial lovers out there?
Craftychiq View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craftychiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 11:12pm
That's the frightening thing, people JUST LIKE this Stepford Wife from Hell (because she seems a tad bit edgier than the traditional stepford wife) ARE the ones at the door at 3am and the first to tear other people's hair out! I cross the street if I saw this scary B*&^# coming my way. Lay off the caffeine lady:-P
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
not_a_dumb_dad View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote not_a_dumb_dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 3:22am
I was talking to my wife about doing a Black Friday run...she told me it would be a bad idea.  After watching that ad, I can tell that woman would be the one to rip out my throat to get to that dollar pair of socks..

pass.
Advertising is a racket, like the movies and the brokerage business. You cannot be honest without admitting that its constructive contribution to humanity is exactly minus zero.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 4:48am

If that is Target's target demographic of these ads....   <Jerry Steiner>  eeek!  </Jerry Steiner>

Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 5:11am
Actually I'd nominate this commercial as belonging in Commercial Talk category! In other words this is a good commercial.
Perun1nj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perun1nj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 6:02am
Wow, i never thought i'd see a commercial that actually WANTED me to hate the characters in it. I bet this is one of those heartless assholes who trampled that poor worker to death last year. Its this time of year when commercials REALLY start to piss me off.
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 5:03pm
I think she's kind of hot. I'd put it to her but good.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 1:56am
I usually don't mind Target commercials, but this crazy bitch is like listening to fingernails dragging across a chalkboard.
She's repulsive!
These ads are not funny, they're just annoying as hell.

I shop at Target, but I won't if they keep featuring her!
One man gathers what another man spills
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 2:01am
Originally posted by RichardCranium RichardCranium wrote:

I think she's kind of hot. I'd put it to her but good.

WHA?! RC SHE'S FUKING HIDEOUS!! I WOULDN'T STICK HER WITH A MEAT THERMOMETER , let alone my own!
One man gathers what another man spills
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 4:19am
Dude, she's hot I tell ya'. Something about those overbearing control freak chicks when you get them in the sack... they're the one's who usually like to be tied up and spanked and stuff.

I suppose you didn't like Marcia Cross' character on Desperate Housewives either?
Bena View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 4:21am
She's hideous. They should have just gone ahead and hired Amy Sedaris to reprise the Jeri Blank character she played in "Strangers With Candy," they look just alike. Plus the typical Black Friday types aren't blonde and feminine; they are big fat cows who come dressed in sweat pans ready to fight for that last Tickle Me Elmo, or whatever the hot new thing is.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 4:31am

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

does NOT equal:

Craftychiq View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craftychiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 2:36pm
We'll DEFINITELY have to agree to disagree cuz I see the resemblance in that comparison shot
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
momo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 2:48pm
....I hate this commercial series with a passion....I saw the latest one tonight and it had a different lady who looked like she had zero hours of sleep and then that annoying woman is in the background and makes fun of her...I wanted to punch the annoying one >O.

Either way the obsessive woman scarily resembles those types of women who you see in the well to do country clubs. The kind that host dinner parties every week for her equally shallow friends where they gloat and awe over each other's two thousand dollar necklaces.

Or the mother who puts her daughter into child's beauty pageant because she wants- no her daughter wants the limelight and trophies. Seeing this commercial fails on being clever it just made me not want to step into a Target store anytime soon....
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 4:16pm
They dress her like she's 19, but I think she's in her 40's.  Which makes the childish ways she acts all the more creepy.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 4:25pm
WOW! We've been spared that commercial...she reminds me of one of the ladies from the 'Dangerous Women' commercial on IDtv.

I can see where RC thinks she could be 'frisky'; probably wouldn't be able to get rid of her short of a 'body bag'...and, well, I'd suggest not turning your back on her...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 4:37pm

Dude, she's hot I tell ya'. Something about those overbearing control freak chicks when you get them in the sack... they're the one's who usually like to be tied up and spanked and stuff.

I suppose you didn't like Marcia Cross' character on Desperate Housewives either?

I guess that's why Kate Gosslin has 8 kids?
applepiemommy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applepiemommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 5:50pm
Okay, I'm loving this. In one of the first commercials they show crazy Target lady bagging on her sister for always being late. Then yesterday I see this Target commercial with this laid back lady with a cart full of stuff. She's like "I still got all these great deals, and I didn't have to wait in line in the parking lot at 1:30 am like my sister." Then they show the sister, and it's crazy Target lady. LOVE IT. Brilliant advertising, if you ask me.
What does Dr Traci have to say about it? http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Dr-Traci
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 6:25pm
She's weird and creepy I HATE her. AngryThumbs%20Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 8:08pm

Originally posted by Vindicated Vindicated wrote:

I guess that's why Kate Gosslin has 8 kids?

SIMULTANEOUS SOUNDS OF TIRES SCREECHING AND A NEEDLE DRAGGING ACROSS A RECORD!!!

Whoa! Slow down there! Not even a CLOSE analogy! That sloppy c*nt whore has 8 kids because John Gosslin is not only an embarrasment to the male population and couldn't get it anywhere else, but also the inspiration for Mike Judge's character "Butthead".

Besides, she only had sex twice to get those eight wastes of carbon and oxygen, there's no proof he touched her any more than that.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 8:35pm
So is it now safe to assume, that you wouldn't put it to her, but good?
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 9:25pm
Well I never said that...

However after demonstrating that the Jamaican Bobsled Team could come flying out of there, it would probably be like throwing a hotdog down a hallway so I wouldn't go out of my way or anything.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 9:32pm

Well I never said that...

However after demonstrating that the Jamaican Bobsled Team could come flying out of there, it would probably be like throwing a hotdog down a hallway so I wouldn't go out of my way or anything.

EDIT: But it would have to be post makeover/surgery/rehaul/rebuild

and (especially if it was doggy style) she'd have to stop f*cking up the back of her head with the scissors.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic