Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kinda weird to post this in the forum.(UPDATE).
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kinda weird to post this in the forum.(UPDATE).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kinda weird to post this in the forum.(UPDATE).
    Posted: 16 May 2008 at 10:03pm
It's a girl.
Saw her this weekend.
I'd post pics, but again as I mentioned, sonograms are like vacation photos.
Also she is 18 weeks so they are thin and look like grey aliens.

Crazy stuff.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 10:08pm
Congrats!!!

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 10:19pm
Congrats jereboam and mrs. jereboam. your life will never be the same (or boring).
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 10:32pm
That's freaking great news!!
If you need any advice, feel free to ask.
Among the group, we have raised a village worth of kids.

Watch the sympathy pounds though.
Your wife will shed the baby weight, but you may keep yours.
For me, 10lbs per kid x 3 + 20lbs for the wedding ring and I chunked up.

I wish you all health and happiness.

ps are you planning on finding out the sex of the baby?
was feeling nostalgic
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 10:45pm
That is GREAT news!  Congratulations to both of you, and may your family be blessed.
Love endures all.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 10:53pm
WONDERFUL!!!!!
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 11:00pm
Thank you. I think because we had the surprise and joy of learning she is pregnant, we can throw aside the whole mystery of the sex.
Since there has been a slight effort in all this conception I think any monitoring and information we can gain will be welcomed. So gender included, it will be nice to know everything there is about our child.

Wow, still weird to think, when I talk about it or even type it out, it is like I am "acting" or pretending.
BUt no, it's real.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 12:29am

Congratulations! Welcome to a most wonderful part of life! 

You'll have so much fun that you'll want to do it again.

And again.

And again.

And you'll be just like us.

And then, as Hooty wisely points out - you'll happily and proudly have pictures where there used to be cash - and they will always matter more than any amount of money...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
applepiemommy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applepiemommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 12:53am
Awwwwwwww.... how sweet.  Let the adventure begin.  Oh, and welcome to the club!
What does Dr Traci have to say about it? http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Dr-Traci
nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 3:00am
congratulations! you must be so excited and ready to be called a "dad". .  a new life comes... 
suenewtotx View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 3:11am
Congratulations to you and your wife!Smile

Baby

shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 3:45am
the scariest part is about 10 minutes after you get the baby home and the crowds have left.
What to do???
soak it up brother.  The biggest cheesiest cliche I can throw at you is the truest......enjoy it ALL, he will change daily and grow up fast
was feeling nostalgic
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 3:55am

Congrats! You are going to love having kids.  I've got two, a 2 1/2 year old boy (he's with me in my avatar), and a 6 1/2 month old girl. Before they came around, I didn't know what to expect, as I heard horror stories about the stress of having kids, and how they take up all of your time, and all those dirty diapers. The stories sound worse than what you will experience. My kids are the best thing to ever happen to me and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Since you will be getting hit with advice in all directions, here's some from me. Take it or leave it as you please:

-Stock up on the diapers early, but not too much on the smallest sizes. My daughter came out a big girl, and we had 2 boxes of size 1 leftover. Fortunately, we were able to exchange them for larger sizes.

-If you want to get a good price on clothes (esp. name brands), stock up on the clearance stuff at the end of the season for next year. You will have to do some guesswork on how big your child will be in almost a year, but believe it or not, by doing this, you can get the good stuff for the same prices as the Walmart clothes.

-Get everybody you know to sign up on the diaper and formula (if applicable) websites. More coupons will save you quite a few bucks on your grocery bill.

-Watch the hormones that first month after birth. CryAngryBig%20smile 

Hope this helps, and again CongratulationsClap
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 4:04am
Oh, and save as much as you can for college,  but make sure you save for your retirement first.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 12:39pm
Congratulations!!!

Stock up on those swim 'dipes!!
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 1:17pm
Best advice for your children--don't let them see TV commercials until they are at least two years of age--five, if you can help it.  Educate the children on more important matters, such as classical music, Shakespeare, fine art...don't let them become annoying contestants on Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?.  Congratulations, Jeroboam! 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 4:47pm

Don't introduce the youngster to 'snack foods' (the first 'bad habit').

Raisins, bananas, and the like are great. Cheerios are also allowed. 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 7:31pm
And prunes!!  Those are a BLAST!  Wink
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

And prunes!!  Those are a BLAST!  Wink
LOLThis is supposed to be an advisory - not a suppository...LOL
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 12:19pm
Congratulations!  They do grow up quickly.  My son is 25 and my daughter is 22.  I miss the good ol' days.

My kiddos were super-active and therefore, very rough on clothes.  I wasn't ashamed to accept hand-me-downs or go to a thrift store for their summer "play clothes".  They grow so quickly, the brand and the price doesn't really matter.

If you PM your address to me, I can start sending you diaper coupons.  My daughter lost a baby a while back....I had already signed up on every baby website known, so I still receive diaper coupons in the mail.

Skibs is correct about the diaper sizes - the babies grow out of the smallest size quickly!

Your heart will absolutely melt the first time your baby calls you "da-da"....Heart

ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 1:32pm
That's grrrrrreat, Jeroboam!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 11:43pm
Congratulations to both of you!!

Also, thanks for sharing such great news to all of us.

We're all your friends, so there's nothing weird about announcing such a blessed event as this on this forum.

Cheers!!
One man gathers what another man spills
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 12:45am
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

Your heart will absolutely melt the first time your baby calls you "da-da"....Heart

I was almost in tears when my son said "I Love You" for the first timeCryHeart
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 12:49am
My 27 year-old son just told me that he loved me....it never gets old.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 3:09am
Thank you all for the congratulations and advice. She is barely six weeks and already is wanting foods and changing some habits.

It is exciting and amazing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic