Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PREVACID "Date/Husband" (with *wrong* video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PREVACID "Date/Husband" (with *wrong* video)
    Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 10:20pm

Am I the only one who wants to sue to get that 45 seconds of my life back?

I couldn't find the video - you can thank me now.

SOoooo, let me describe it to you...

commercial start:

Woman (not particularly 'becoming') on a date with a 'guy' she'd really like, should she not have digestive issues...and thus, the 'date' (according to her) doesn't 'go all that well'...

(time passes, 'adjustments made'. Don't ask - I've no idea what 'adjustments', and don't wanna know)

Woman (STILL not particularly 'becoming') at what appears to be a Las Vegas church altar, somewhere around midnight, with same 'guy'!

"Thank YOU, Prevacid! - couldn't have roped this stallion without your help!"
I got 50 cents that says she took him for a 'test ride' - and Prevacid had little to do with that.

~~~~~
Now, as I said, I couldn't find the commercial in question, but WAIT! I found an OLD one!
(almost as bad - it is giving me indigestion as I type!)

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Sgt Saunders View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2009 at 5:05pm
Too gassy to rope a stallion is no way to go through life, missy.
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2009 at 5:26pm
I made it clear in the White Castle thread that I won't put it to a broad but good if she's got the winds. That should go without saying- this commercial only adds insult to the injury.
Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 7:07am
I was about to post about this commercial before seeing this thread. Who are they trying to sell to, shallow plastic people? "He's brought his game, I've got nothin'!" Sounds like deep, true love! The man looks like some cartoony man who thinks he's God's gift to women. Meanwhile the woman has her boobs out trying to snag alimony check #2.
Bena View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 11:12pm
They play this commercial WAY too many times so I've noticed that her outfit is slightly different from when she's having gas in the restaurant, to her wedding. So it appears she wasn't able to pop her Prevacid, then get to marry her Cheese Man on the same night. Stupid Prevacid: I want to bag a man NOW, not have to wait for another day!

It took someone from Commercials I Hate to articulate the reason this commercial bothers me so much. It's her saying "He was bringing his game, I brought nothin!" like she's describing a sporting event or business transaction. Then when she points to her ring and says how she bagged "Husband Number 2," it made her seem all the more mercenary and calculating. Of course, look at the guy she "bagged." That's her comeuppance right there.

I don't find her "unbecoming" though because she looks just like Jennifer Saunders from Ab Fab, whom I love. Commercial sure sucks, though.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 12:23am

The woman's looks and clothing got me.  She looks rather dowdy and dressed like something from June Cleaver.  Weird.

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 8:11pm

A bad case of the farts can even ruin a romantic cruise.

Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Bena View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 9:20pm
hahah! Why are we assuming she has gas? She could have just had heartburn. More fun to imagine teh farts, I guess!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic