Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bud Light: Too Light, Too Heavy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bud Light: Too Light, Too Heavy
    Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 5:43am
I tried to find the video, but even the Bud Light website doesn't have this one (maybe it's too new?).  Anyway, a guy comes down the stairs and tells his wife he's ready to go.  She tells him to wait a second, and she pins a boutonniere to his lapel, which then falls over ("too light").  The repeat the scene from the top, only this time, she's got one of those large, hand-held staple guns. She holds the flower up to his lapel and starts stapling . . . and continues to staple.  Of course, he's in pain (Ow, ooh, etc.).  This is their illustration of "too heavy." 

Then they bring in the bud light, which is, of course, just right.

It's painful to watch, and not funny at all.  I'm not a beer drinker, but if I were, that would be enough to make sure I never purchased Bud Light.
Sponsored Links

jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 9:34am
I like the waiter one, I will admit.
CIH FTW View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CIH FTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 10:39pm
Yeah a situation that does not involve beer in any way shape or form to advertise Light Beer, they need to stop doing these commercials, people have their beer preferences already, these retarded commercials wont sway anyones opinions either way.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 11:09pm
I like the waiter one and the guy/girl breaking up one.
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 3:25am
I really hate these commercials! It's hard to make it through a football game on Sunday without seeing these numerous times. There are at least three different versions of the ad that I have seen, and they are all as stupid as the next.

To be fair, though, look at the product they are selling. I don't think the target audience is all that intelligent (think Homer Simpson). It seems beer commercials are really aiming low these days. The Natty Light ads are a perfect example.

Seriously, how bad does a commercial have to get before the buying public finally says, ok that's enough, I'm not buying your product because your commercial is so annoying / stupid / offensive.
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 9:17am
LMAO- I love the double standard around here. When I made fun of NASCAR fans it was widely held that I "looked down" on people who are into it (not much attention was paid to the fact that I made fun of pretty much any fan of racing of any type, Indy Car, bicycle, horse, etc.). But now it's okay to look down at beer drinkers as all being "Homer Simpson" types.

I'll spell it out for you- beer ads are NOT made to sway an adults opinion. Beer ads, like cigarette ads before they were outlawed, aim to attract TEENAGERS. Anyone who drinks beer over the age of 20 already knows pretty much what they like. But the adolescent humor you see in these commercials ranging from some woman using a nail gun (not a staple gun, HUGE difference) to a horse farting on a couple in a carriage ride are aimed to attract teens, and I'll be more specific- male teens ready to either go to college or join the military. Just like tobacco- you gotta get 'em while they're young.

I may laugh at them, but I'm not buying the product- and neither is the other 99% of people over 20 who aren't already buying it.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 9:24am
you were admonished for mocking nascar fans????
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 9:30am
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

you were admonished for mocking nascar fans????

Heavily. I felt like I was in Deliverance. Without the squeeling part. But I did hear banjo music.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by RichardCranium RichardCranium wrote:

But I did hear banjo music.

That was just Pa
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

That was just Pa

Wow. Not cool. Pa isn't a crazy or anything - but since you are a "Mod"- I guess all I can say is Pa is in the "great white north"- not the deeply inbred south.

NASCAR COUNTRY!!!!!
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 6:02pm
Pa can take a joke.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 6:11pm

That was just Pa

LOL

Wow. Not cool. Pa isn't a crazy or anything - but since you are a "Mod"- I guess all I can say is Pa is in the "great white north"- not the deeply inbred south.

NASCAR COUNTRY!!!!!

WinkThanks, RC! I appreciate that.

HR's a friend - she's cool (we "understand" each other, per se...) - and I'm quite used to the abuse (I earn it, believe me)

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

That was just Pa

LOL

NASCAR COUNTRY!!!!!

HR's a friend - she's very cool...we "understand" each other, per se...

That's all cool, I always liked her.

But I'm the new guy who advocates bad things. Just check the "Forum Rules" thread to see the people who want me banned- but don't have the guts to actually ask for it since they realize that if they bug Nathan to look at what I posted, their original post would make them subject to be banned... boo-yah

I didn't come here for a fight, but I accept that as a newbie I have to stand up for myself. And that offends the established crowd here. Oh well.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 6:58pm

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

That was just Pa

LOL

NASCAR COUNTRY!!!!!

HR's a friend - she's very cool...we "understand" each other, per se...

But I'm the new guy who advocates bad things. Just check the "Forum Rules" thread to see the people who want me banned- but don't have the guts to actually ask for it since they realize that if they bug Nathan to look at what I posted, their original post would make them subject to be banned... boo-yah

I didn't come here for a fight, but I accept that as a newbie I have to stand up for myself. And that offends the established crowd here. Oh well.

"Newbie"? Sorry, Chumley...I hate to inform you, but I will. You are no longer a 'virgin'.

Take it from the "Hoary Ol' Chestnut" Wink 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 7:04pm
I wouldn't accept it from anyone else but you Pa.

And a lot of others won't either LOL

My cherry is popped.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 8:36pm

Stop stalking me.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 10:41pm

I'll spell it out for you- beer ads are NOT made to sway an adults opinion. Beer ads, like cigarette ads before they were outlawed, aim to attract TEENAGERS. Anyone who drinks beer over the age of 20 already knows pretty much what they like. But the adolescent humor you see in these commercials ranging from some woman using a nail gun (not a staple gun, HUGE difference) to a horse farting on a couple in a carriage ride are aimed to attract teens, and I'll be more specific- male teens ready to either go to college or join the military. Just like tobacco- you gotta get 'em while they're young.

I may laugh at them, but I'm not buying the product- and neither is the other 99% of people over 20 who aren't already buying it.

Well said RC.   Budweiser has always put out funny commercials but I don't drink it and don't plan on switching just because they have neat commercials.
Same could be said about soda/burger/pizza commercials. If I don't like Coke, I'm not buying it just because they say it tastes better than Pepsi.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 11:09pm

Stop stalking me.

Please.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 11:59pm

Stop stalking me.

Please.

Yeah, Holly.  You forgot to say, "PLEASE stop stalking me." LOL
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 5:12am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Stop stalking me.

Please.

Yeah, Holly.  You forgot to say, "PLEASE stop stalking me." LOL

No, I meant that as in "Please don't be ridiculous."

I'm a lot of nasty things, but I am not a stalker.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 2:33pm

Pa can take a joke.

Is there an echo in here?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 4:22pm

Pa can take a joke.

Is there an echo in here?
LOL!
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 6:05am

LMAO- I love the double standard around here. When I made fun of NASCAR fans it was widely held that I "looked down" on people who are into it (not much attention was paid to the fact that I made fun of pretty much any fan of racing of any type, Indy Car, bicycle, horse, etc.). But now it's okay to look down at beer drinkers as all being "Homer Simpson" types.

I didn't mean to imply that all people who drink beer are of the Homer Simpson mentality. But, you gotta admit a good chunk of em are! Especially seeing the mentality the ads are geared toward.

I honestly never thought these ads were aimed at teens. I'm not sure you're right about that. Usually when I see these ads is during football. And I dare say, not too many youngsters watch much football. They're too busy texting and googling and using apps, and all that hip young junk to watch a good game!
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by BDrums1971 BDrums1971 wrote:

I honestly never thought these ads were aimed at teens. I'm not sure you're right about that. Usually when I see these ads is during football. And I dare say, not too many youngsters watch much football. They're too busy texting and googling and using apps, and all that hip young junk to watch a good game!

Maybe the girls, but my wife teaches high school, and God forbid she missed a good play during one of the football games over the weekend. Of course she teaches physics, so she isn't dealing with the lowest common denominator. Every Monday before and after school her students are stopping by to talk football.

Off topic, but did anyone catch the Clemson game? After missing multiple extra point kicks and a field goal, the kicker finally made the extra point on the last touchdown. Instead of jumping his sh*t, the coach (Dabo Swinney) had a grin bigger than Texas as he gave him a chest bump. That's a team with heart- the rest of the ACC pales in comparison.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 2:31am

found 'em!

...and, of course, should you work for ME...seriously, now!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic