Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SNL sucks this season

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SNL sucks this season
    Posted: 17 Oct 2009 at 11:44pm
I know election years are always a tough act to follow (especially when there's someone like Sarah Palin involved, who--let's face it--is basically an SNL character herself), but seriously, the show is terrible.  Unfunny plodding sketches and a new girl dropping the f-bomb...no thanks!

Also, I still can't understand why the extremely talented Michaela Watkins got dumped from the cast after 15 episodes.  She's brilliant!
Sponsored Links

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 12:40am
I've always thought that show sucks, except for a few sketches. 
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 7:29pm
I liked Michaela too but I hated Casey Wilson and I'm glad they dumped her ass. The two new girls aren't funny and I hope they're gone next season.
specialkt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 11:42pm
def painful to watch -  never laugh at it
rickhamilton620 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickhamilton620 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 1:02am
There are a few parts i like (weekend update, the "commercials") but the rest=meh
booboo12 on NBR :D ;)
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 9:04pm
Have they done the "Lawrence Welk" sketch yet?
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 9:59pm
That one is pretty funny....
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
brainshake View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brainshake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 5:47am
I go in streaks when it comes to SNL.  I started watching again a couple years ago, and I think it's been pretty funny for the most part, but then again, I laugh at just about anything. 

I mainly watch to see Bill Hader.  I get a kick out of that guy, especially as Vinny Vedecci. 

As far as the new girls go, I haven't seen them enough to form an opinion either way.

And I still haven't gotten "oooh weeee! what up with that" out of my head.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 1:12am
SNL has always gone up & down like that.

You can't expect any show to be constantly at the top of their game.

I looooooooooooove Kristen Wiig.

TongueHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartTongue

I think she is one of the funniest people I've ever seen, anywhere, anytime.

I'm glad Amy Pohler is gone.

Never liked her.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 1:33am
What Jimbo said.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 1:42am
Yeah, man!!! Thumbs%20Up

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 10:16pm
Kristen Wiig is very versatile and funny.  She reminds me of the woman on MadTV who played Stewart's mother and that other wacky character who wore her pants above her waist.  (I can't remember her name or her characters' names.)

Saturday Night Live was the funniest in the beginning, with the original Not Ready for Prime Time Players, and then again in 1984--that one season with Billy Crystal, Christopher Guest, Harry Shearer and Martin Short.  (I have three videotapes of that season--in BETA format, so I can't watch it.  But a friend and I used to watch them over and over and laugh every damned time.)

I also love Keenan.  He can do no wrong.

I can't stand the guy who plays MacGruber, though.  There's always one I can't stand, and he's it right now.
sharonite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Kristen Wiig is very versatile and funny.  She reminds me of the woman on MadTV who played Stewart's mother and that other wacky character who wore her pants above her waist. 

The MadTV actress's name is Mo Collins, and the high-waisted pants character was called (I believe) Lorraine. Kristen is similar to Mo in a lot of ways (although lately she seems to be going in the direction of Molly Shannon, which is NOT a good thing.)

Kristen is great but I thought Michaela was going to be the next big star. Not sure what Lorne Michaels was smoking when he dropped her.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 11:52pm
Right!  Mo Collins!  Thanks, Sharonite.  I can't remember which one Michaela was, but I've read several articles whose writers share your opinion.  I believe I also read that Michaela herself said she didn't understand it, but that Lorne Michaels told her she was funny enough for her own show, and that she should pursue that.  It makes no sense.  Maybe ol' Lorne is getting to be TOO old for this.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 4:24am
Originally posted by brainshake brainshake wrote:

I mainly watch to see Bill Hader.  I get a kick out of that guy, especially as Vinny Vedecci. 

Bill Hader needs to be in every sketch. I'm dead serious, the man is awesome.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 5:19am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Originally posted by brainshake brainshake wrote:

Bill Hader needs to be in every sketch. I'm dead serious, the man is awesome.

Oh, reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaallllllyyyy?

Hmmmmmm......

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 12:55am

Yes reaaaallllyy

BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 4:51am
Whaddya mean it sucks THIS SEASON? I have found Snl to suck for many, many seasons. I can't stand to watch it, it's so corny and awful.
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 1:21am

I haven't watched SNL regularly for many years, except for occasionally in the election seasons.

Not trying to flame hear, just curious...is SNL doing any sketches about Obama or members of his administration?

I wouldn't expect them to be too harsh on policy, but gosh, they could get some major laughs skewering the beer in the garden thing, the near-daily trips on AF1, and Gibbs's nonanswers to many questions in the press briefings.
Hundreds of threads killed.
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:42pm
I have a new appreciation for Bill Hader too.
He's a great sycophantic assistant to Tom Cruise on "Tropic Thunder".

I think Fred Armisen is hilarious and I love Kristen Wiig too.
Was very displeased with Casey Wilson. I can't imagine how she was ever cast!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 6:46pm
I think they listened because it feels like Bill is in nearly every sketch now.
brainshake View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brainshake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 6:15am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I think they listened because it feels like Bill is in nearly every sketch now.

This season has been quite Hader heavy so far.  I love it.

ngqmusic View Drop Down
I Donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ngqmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2009 at 3:54am
In my world SNL hasn't been funny for a couple of decades now. Won't be the first thing New York has run into the ground, stale worn out, and way overdue to be canceled. You Ain't Funny Man......
Revolennon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolennon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 3:45pm
I don't think SNL has been funny for at least a decade now.  The last time I watched with any regularity was the mid-90's.  
Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 5:16am
I don't have any complaint against the comedy of Andy Sandburg. However I wonder how long it will be before someone discovers that he is 31,not 21? He's the same age as Bill Hader!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic