Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kit-Kat Crunching Commercial....aaaahhhhh!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 1:41am
look at the david spade type douchebag at :08. Dead
Sponsored Links

belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:00am
The freaking crunching in this commercial just woke my baby up and made him cry.
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
donewithkitkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donewithkitkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 9:57pm
It appears that commercials are not purposely created to offend their customers. I have always loved Kit Kats, but have made the decision that if the company wants to offend me by showing rude people making noise with their food, then my only recourse is to switch away from the stations that show the commercials and stop using their product. The crunch commercial is offensive and obnoxious! If I were the company president I would can the ad agency and try very hard to add some more class to the product! 
donewithkitkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donewithkitkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 9:58pm
I meant to say "commercials are NOW meant to..." Darned tangled fingers!
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 10:01pm
I think it's cute. I love me a Kit Kat.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 10:43pm
I can tell they're trying to replicate the Kit Kat jingle but fails miserably only the last part replicates the jingle the rest is a crunching sound mess. 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 9:45pm
THEY'RE
NOT
EVEN
THAT
CRUNCHY
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
chocolatelover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocolatelover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 5:27am
OMG...this is the most irritating commercial ever made.  They sound like a bunch of hogs.  Take it off!!!!DeadDeadAngryAngry
Bootsy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bootsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 12:42am
I signed up just so I could express my hatred for this particular commercial.

I can't stand food noises, and when this commercial comes on, I have to cover my ears and hum, in order to block the sound.  If I happen to be holding the remote, I'll scramble to either change the channel or mute the TV.  I feel like an idiot, but I just can't listen to it!

I know a few other people who share this feeling about food noises, and I've done some research on it.  I've learned that it is NOT just "being too picky" or anything like that.  It's called Misophonia.

Knowing there were many other people out there who also felt like smacking those who eat like pigs, or crack their gum incessantly was a relief. 

So, to those of you who feel the fight or flight reaction to crunching sounds, and other nasty food noises, you are not alone (obviously, judging by the comments here!)

I don't think there's a cure, but maybe someday! I know I would pay dearly for a cure!

Smile
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 1:43am
That ad hurts my EARS! AUGH!!!!  Yup, I'm the same way about loud gum chewing and nasty popping. It makes me growl and hold my ears and unfortunetly PEOPLE POP GUM EVERYWHERE!!! WHY DO THEY DO IT!?
Thank heaven's for these nice in ear headphones that fill my ears with music and block out the nasty gross noises.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 4:06pm
One day my really annoying co-worker was chewing gum and she started cracking it. I HATE that sound! I looked at her and asked her to not do that. She gave me a look and said "What? Does that bother you?" I said yes and she stopped. But that's only one thing that she does that drives me up the wall. Hmm...idea forming...stay tuned.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 4:07pm
I still want a kit kat but I'm holding strong. I won't buy one until this ungodly ad is over with! Just give up on it Kit Kat, people hate it and it's not helping your sales. Also I don't reach for candy as a mid day snack, so stop trying to force me to believe that's normal.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

One day my really annoying co-worker was chewing gum and she started cracking it. I HATE that sound! I looked at her and asked her to not do that. She gave me a look and said "What? Does that bother you?" I said yes and she stopped. But that's only one thing that she does that drives me up the wall. Hmm...idea forming...stay tuned.

That sound GOES ALL THROUGH ME. Which is a phrase I got from my grandmother who would go SNAP and POP all the time with her yucky wads of TRIDENT GUM I HATE GUM! I HATE IT! It's evil! Folks don't realize they are driving people nuts?
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 12:42am
This commercial gets more annoying every time I see it.  I hate it when people *munch* *crunch* and make loud satisfaction sounds when eating food.  When it is set to the Kit-Kat jingle, it is a thousand times worse.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 12:45am
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

This commercial gets more annoying every time I see it.  I hate it when people *munch* *crunch* and make loud satisfaction sounds when eating food.  When it is set to the Kit-Kat jingle, it is a thousand times worse.

agreed!Dead
loudmowff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loudmowff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 1:57am
I cannot stand this commercial! All the stupid crunching sounds and the way they all make that stupid "umm" sound after eating it, it all sounds so frigging fake! Censored< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
Mikegrp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikegrp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 5:07am
This commercial gets my blood boiling as well......it goes against any manners I have attempted to teach my children. I hate this commercial even more than I hat the grape nuts commercial. I want to write every network and tell them that I change the channel EVERY TIME they play the commercial.
Original Cyn View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Original Cyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 8:13pm
For even more hatred of the Kit-Kat Kommercial....

http://www.commercialsihate.com/kitkat-and-the-crunchy-noise_topic10367.html

http://www.commercialsihate.com/kitkat-commercials_topic12053.html

Of all the ads over the past few years, this one (along with its sisters) is hands-down the #1 Mute Button All-Star in my house -- to this day, I don't think it has ever been heard and/or seen in its entirety as I will mow over a classroom of small children while diving for the remote to get it off the screen. 

"Well-behaved women rarely make history." ~~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
AmazedHuman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmazedHuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:29pm
I know what they're trying to do here with the musicality of it and all...but I positively HATE this commercial. Can't turn the station fast enough! Makes me never, ever want to buy a Kit Kat Candy Bar again. This one simply does not work!
littleclams View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleclams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 8:32pm
AHHH i hate this ad.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 9:41pm
It's been three years since this crunchy noise has been splashed on the TV screen and they still won't cut it out.

The latest commercial features people eating Kit Kats in the park.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

It's been three years since this crunchy noise has been splashed on the TV screen and they still won't cut it out.

The latest commercial features people eating Kit Kats in the park.

Apparently, they don't reeeally want to give anyone "a break".

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:28pm
Honestly, with all the much more obnoxious crunching and exaggerated eating in commercials out there, I don't really waste too much time hating Kit-Kat commercials.
PrincessOfTheAncient View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 1:07pm
These commercials are pretty bad, but not enough to put me off of Kit Kat bars.

I hate the Magnum ice cream bar commercials worse, with that big-mouthed, emaciated TV actress in it. If I'm not mistaken, I think she was on the O.C. when that show was still maligning primetime television. I guess she needs money.

Anyway, I know that this thread's supposed to be about KitKat commercials, so I digress.
+ Self-loathing, lonely, fat, and bitter since 2008! +
LARDLOGO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LARDLOGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 8:56pm
I hate this commercial so much I have boycotted Kit Kats. The new one has a guitar at the end which is an assault to the ears Dead

Also I am no longer a newbie YES Party
Proactiv, GET OFF THE AIR
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic