Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chef Boyardee Rolling Tin Can

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chef Boyardee Rolling Tin Can
    Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 1:34am
This commercial is BACK. This Chef Boyardee commercial aired a few years ago. And saw it almost every commercial break. From seeing it on children's channels to Super Bowl commercial breaks, I always saw this sh*tty commercial. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, it's about some girl and mom going through the market and the girl whines and wants Chef Boyardee, but the mom tells her that they will eat something else. The girl says, "but I love chef". Then, out of the bloom, the Chef Boyardee can just pops out and rolls and follows the Mom and girl. Finally, the can makes it to their home. The mom yells, "what do you want for dinner?" and when the kid finally notices the can and just smiles. I just hate it. In fact, It aired for a few years before this piece of sh*t would be canned. But it has finally found a way to haunt me again. I found this on Youtube, and here is this horrid commercial.

Me hate Grammar Nazis.
Sponsored Links

danooct1 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danooct1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 3:13am
...So you dug it up on YouTube, and now you're complaining about it being "back"? I don't understand. It's not currently airing, is it?
BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!
Yiffy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 3:07pm
Tongue   Yes please clarify , are you mad it's on Youtube? LOL

.. + .-- .- -. - + -.-. .... .. -.-. -.- . -. + .- -. -.. + -.-. .... .. -.-. .... .. ...

I want chicken and Chi-Chi's
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 9:40pm
Chef Boyardee isn't even real food!

Maybe his original stuff was real (and that was in the 1920's) but this stuff is only good hot. I would only eat it in desperation since it's cheap!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 10:50pm
That is a dumb commercial. Especially since that can rolled all over gross disgusting things on it's way to the girl
Nasty

Plus it has high fructose corn syrup in it, which feels me with dismay. I hate that stuff...

But I rather like ravioli. The mini kind especially. Not so much the spaghetti. It's quite rank. Mine is better.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
adnoxious View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adnoxious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 11:56pm
Fun facts! There really was a Chef Boyardee, originally Boiardi, and that's really his picture on the can. Until recently, I just thought he was a marketing composite designed to sell mushy noodles.

-Adnoxious
TheDude22 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 5:46am
Originally posted by danooct1 danooct1 wrote:

...So you dug it up on YouTube, and now you're complaining about it being "back"? I don't understand. It's not currently airing, is it?

It is airing, I was trying to show a example of the commercial. I was just trying to say that it aired a long time ago and it's made a re-emergence. So Thank You.
Me hate Grammar Nazis.
danooct1 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danooct1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 6:13am
Originally posted by TheDude22 TheDude22 wrote:

Originally posted by danooct1 danooct1 wrote:

It is airing, I was trying to show a example of the commercial. I was just trying to say that it aired a long time ago and it's made a re-emergence. So Thank You.

Oh sh*t, it IS airing?! Please, gouge out my eyes now.
BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by adnoxious adnoxious wrote:

Fun facts! There really was a Chef Boyardee, originally Boiardi, and that's really his picture on the can. Until recently, I just thought he was a marketing composite designed to sell mushy noodles.

-Adnoxious

I know, I mentioned that earlier. Hector Boiardi and he served (better) pasta at a hotel in Cleveland...not that canned sh*t you get that really isn't that good for you anyhow.

Stick to the original ravioli and spaghetti!

Lurker87 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurker87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 10:43pm
Sigh. I can't believe this horrible commercial is back on the air again. It is such a failure when it comes to logic. I remember the first time I saw this commercial I immediately had a problem with it because doesn't the girl realize she is going to get such a spanking for this? What do you think is going to happen next? She's going to go up to her mom, who specifically told her she can't have any Chef Boyardee and so the mother didn't buy it.

As soon as she presents the can to her mother, what do you think the mother is going to think he happened? Any parent is going to assume the kid stole it. That's always been grounds for a spanking in my home growing up. Then she'll take the child back to the store, most likely, and have her apologize for stealing the can, and return it.  Perhaps the 2nd part won't happen, but I guarantee you no mother is going to just assume it all happened innocently. THAT is what makes this a horrible commercial.  Oh, and the stupid look on the girl's face when the can rolls up to her.  Regardless, this commercial should be taken off the air for good, and thrown in the garbage.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 11:07pm
Well, it's harsh to spank her, but I doubt her mother would believe it rolled home and again, it rolled in icky stuff.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Lurker87 Lurker87 wrote:

As soon as she presents the can to her mother, what do you think the mother is going to think he happened? Any parent is going to assume the kid stole it.

I agree.  Although the commercial doesn't directly tell children to steal nor does it show anyone stealing, any child watching will know the little girl got the can without paying for it, and therefore would probably want to steal something mommy won't let them buy because it surely ended on a positive note in this commerical.  The sad thing is the child/parent would be the ones in trouble after the kid is caught stealing, not Chef Boyardee! LOL
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 6:19pm
That commercial was on again.

They really should bury bad commercials after the decade....Unless they think 2011 is the next decade.

alex9152 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex9152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 2:42am
I don't understand what the mom is saying. "Oh, not tonight sweetie, got sugar four nights this week"?
Jeff98177 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff98177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by alex9152 alex9152 wrote:

I don't understand what the mom is saying. "Oh, not tonight sweetie, got sugar four nights this week"?
No, she said "You've had Chef every night this week."
Life is like the game of baseball, except that in life, there's no infield fly rule.
JasonTKD View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonTKD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 2:12am
Originally posted by dp7 dp7 wrote:

I agree.  Although the commercial doesn't directly tell children to steal nor does it show anyone stealing, any child watching will know the little girl got the can without paying for it, and therefore would probably want to steal something mommy won't let them buy because it surely ended on a positive note in this commerical. 

Not only that, it'll also encourage the kids to lie to their parents.

"It's not my fault, Mommy-- it followed me home. Can we eat it?"
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 7:00pm
I have no problems with the commercal itself... i have a problem with the fact that just because the can followed them home that somehow the mothers going to say yes... Yes little darling yes since he followed you home you can keep him and put him in your yummy tummy and you will be full.

Or something like that....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by JasonTKD JasonTKD wrote:

Originally posted by dp7 dp7 wrote:

I agree.  Although the commercial doesn't directly tell children to steal nor does it show anyone stealing, any child watching will know the little girl got the can without paying for it, and therefore would probably want to steal something mommy won't let them buy because it surely ended on a positive note in this commerical. 

Not only that, it'll also encourage the kids to lie to their parents.

"It's not my fault, Mommy-- it followed me home. Can we eat it?"

She'll still say no...I think she should.

That girl would eat nothing but Chef Boyardee!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic