Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Restasis commercial patient and doctor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Restasis commercial patient and doctor
    Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 9:25pm
This commercial annoys me for some reason. This woman tells her eye doctor starting with the phrase "here's the thing" and launches into a story about her eyedrops don't help her dry eye. "How long have you used them,' asks the lady doctor. "For quite some time," the patient replies. The doctor says she is writing a prescription for Restasis and all is well. There is also a caption saying the lady eye doctor is a REAL eye doctor. What the heck does "for quite some time" mean--why doesn't the patient tell her two months, three months et al.
Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 11:02pm
This lady doctor looks pleasant enough but jumping Jesus on a grapefruit, she sounds like she just swallowed 10 pounds of chalk dust. Her voice is so dry and depressing sounding.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 2:21am
I hate this one too, for the reasons stated above.  The conversation is stupid and the voice of the "doctor" grates my nerves also.
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 2:04pm
What about the doctor herself? Did you catch a glimpse of that freakishly tall forehead? Holy Moses, you could show a drive in movie on her forehead. Is she related to Ki Adi Mundi from Star Wars?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 2:40pm
The doctor is pretty, but seems like some sort of Stepford wife.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 3:32pm

I was just suggesting a different hair style, perhaps bangs, to cover the ginormous forehead.

I'll cop to it- aside from the forehead she's pretty. Only two types of redhead women, fugly and hot. She's on the hot side. I just can't get away from the forehead. Of course if we were doing what I would like to do I would not see her forehead.... but I digress.

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 5:03pm
She's annoying and the "quite some time" is even more annoying than she is.

Vague references to time are common in the medical world. 

"How long will it take?" 
"It will take a while."

HATED hearing that response, during my husband's recent hospitalization.  So frustrating.

I do not want to hear it, again, in a TV commercial.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by RichardCranium RichardCranium wrote:

I was just suggesting a different hair style, perhaps bangs, to cover the ginormous forehead.

I'll cop to it- aside from the forehead she's pretty. Only two types of redhead women, fugly and hot. She's on the hot side. I just can't get away from the forehead. Of course if we were doing what I would like to do I would not see her forehead.... but I digress.

I'm finding her eyes to be the problem.  A tad too Children of the Damned.

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 5:09pm
I hope your hubby is ok.  My best wishes and thoughts.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 5:14pm
Thanks, and yes - the eyes, OH MY GOD.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

DOH- we posted at the same time, and I missed this. OH MY GOD the eyes LMAO
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009 at 11:01pm
They just sound so disinterested, like they woke up at 6am to film this commercial and had to edit out several yawns. The entire thing is forced and the acting is terrible. Not a good way to make me want some sort of silly prescription eye drops.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 4:30am
Pity the poor people who took Restasis and can now see the commercial in all of it's glorious glaring detail.  At least with dry, scratchy eyes it would have been blurry.... LOL
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 2:23pm

Thor. I think I literaly laughed about a 1/2 hour straight after looking at this. Jumping Jesus on a cantalope- that's HER. I'm still laughing...  thak you... I'm dying here.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 4:06am
I think the doctor's taking more than just Restasis.
Hundreds of threads killed.
pickle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 7:23pm
My eyes used to look the same when I dropped acid.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 7:31pm
Or that's just what you saw when you looked in the mirror. 

Me?  I always saw a frog.  I dunno why...I just did.
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 2:52am

EXACTLY!!! 

What IS wrong with her eyes?

BTW, good comparison, Thor!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 10:21am
It HAS to be a bad choice of colored contact lenses (I actually turn away from the screen when the commercial comes on).
Or, the 'Quack' is an alien.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 12:44pm

I've seen people with eyes like that, we used to call it the 1,000 yard stare in the Marines. When you deal with someone who has been in a LOT of combat, it's like they are always looking past you to see what the danger is. It's totally uncontrolable, and the person doesn't even realize they are doing it.

I have no clue what would give her that condition.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 11:26pm
She is not an actress, that's why her delivery isn't very good. But she is one of the prettiest women I've seen in an ad for quite a long time.
And her pale blue eyes are gorgeous!

I definitely have a thing for ginger haired women!
One man gathers what another man spills
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 6:01am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

She is not an actress, that's why her delivery isn't very good. But she is one of the prettiest women I've seen in an ad for quite a long time.
And her pale blue eyes are gorgeous!

I definitely have a thing for ginger haired women!

If only you could get past those zombie eyes!! Or, maybe you're into that?!Tongue
Sgt Saunders View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 5:39am
Something forced and hideous about the way Stepford Doc says "driee eiee", it's just wrong.  I'd about as soon see Dick Van Dyke from Mary Poppins with that hokey, staged Cockney accent talking about "droi eoie, guv'na"...
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 4:58am
Now I'm seeing an extended ad where at the end, the elderly patient is walking out next to Dr. Stare, and the Dr. tells her she uses Restasis too. The patient turns to Dr. Stare and says "You use Restasis", only she doesn't phrase it as a question. More of a statement full of incredulity, like she cant believe the Dr. would use her own prescription.

It just really annoys me the way the old woman says that. Nobody would talk like that in real life. Annoying!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 6:15am
Originally posted by BDrums1971 BDrums1971 wrote:

The patient turns to Dr. Stare and says "You use Restasis", only she doesn't phrase it as a question. More of a statement full of incredulity, like she cant believe the Dr. would use her own prescription.

The doctor should reply, "Yeah, I'm a doctor.  I can write myself a prescription for f*ckin' anything.  Life's f*ckin' good!!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic