Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Neil Patrick Harris

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neil Patrick Harris
    Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 5:46pm
I'm probably going to get run out of town on a rail for saying this but I'm getting really sick and tired of Neil Patrick Harris. It's like I see his face everywhere these days and it's getting on my nerves. Ever since he "came out", he's been everywhere;he hosted the Tonys AND the Emmys this year and his mug seems to be on every magazine cover here in NYC.

Seriously, what's so great about him? I don't think he's funny, cute or interesting yet I can't turn around without hearing about him or seeing him. Is he going to become the poster boy for all things gay now? Are they going to have him host every award show out there now, even the obscure ones like the office supply awards? There's such a thing as over-exposure, you know, and he's reaching that point.
Sponsored Links

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 6:00pm
I hated him when he was Dougie Hauser and I still hate him now! Angry
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 4:46am
Maybe they're giving him the poster boy roles now that they can't really give him much else---at least not any roles that call for a wife or girlfriend.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 6:09am
I do not hate him.

Also he is probably going to get with that Monica Chick in that show he's in.
Or is her name Kelly?
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 7:42pm
I just remember him as a kid from that movie with Whoopie Goldberg - Clara's Heart. I totally missed his Doogie Hauser years.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 10:08pm
UM.........*raises hand timidly* I think he's cute.Embarrassed
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 1:44am
He kind of is... I didn't know he was gay until recently.
I reckon he has a nice boyfriend.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 6:19pm
He's not my type really, but my real question is WHERE did he come from? He was Doogie Howser, then it felt like he fell off the radar, and all of a sudden he's everywhere. How and why did this happen? Coming out of the closet makes your career take off? Confused
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 12:44am
His admission of his preference was probably key in him being chosen as host.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 7:10am
Sounds like Doogie's got competition.  I just heard a promo on TV:

"Lance Bass rules the Red Carpet!"

I guess he's hosting the Oscars or something.

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 7:20pm
Oh great. Now it'll never end...
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 10:00pm

He doesn't bother me. Every time I see him - and you're right, he has been all over - but he's one person who at least  comes across as a polite, kind and decent human being.

But who knows? he could, in fact, be a real prick.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

abitjaded View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abitjaded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 5:38pm
I can't stand those pompous, ridiculous Xfinity commercials with Neil Patrick Harris in them.  He is grating on my nerves to the point that when I watch TV I have to mute those damn commercials. "The voice of an angel"? Are you f-ing kidding me??
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 6:25pm
I'm neither like or dislike with NPH, but I don't feel like I am having him crammed down my throat like some other celebrities.  I've been meaning to start a thread about William Shatner ever since someone started one to complain about Betty White.  I like Betty White and she is not an arrogant, grumpy, windbag with no talent.  I've been sick of Shatner for about 10 years--he is EVERYWHERE and I sure don't see the appeal now.  The last couple of Priceline commercials he looks like he is stuffed and propped up he is so wooden.  Of course, I will probably be "run out of town on a rail for saying so." Just remember, I am not attacking his Star Trek years.  As for his TV shows, I couldn't watch that law show because he was on it.  Just pathetic.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 7:34pm
With very little on TV last night, I left the channel on CBS after "60 Minutes" and the beginning of the Tony Awards show was on....

Harris was the host, and his opening number/skit was a song and dance about something like "you don't have to be gay anymore to like Broadway..."

Well, crap.  I am not a gay basher and to each their own, but that performance was ridiculous!   If gays would just leave it alone and live their lives it would not be a problem.  When they make huge issues out of it, then it becomes a huge issue.

Turned the damn show off and did a crossword puzzle.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 9:25pm
I've seen him in one Roseanne episode and now, in these commercials.  Other than that, I've never seen him in anything.  Never even saw Doogie Howser.  So, I'm not particularly burnt-out on him.

mbaker View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 10:26pm

I'm getting sick, and tired of seeing his stupid Xfinity commercials quite frankly. 
If it's got wings, i can crash it!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by mbaker mbaker wrote:

I'm getting sick, and tired of seeing his stupid Xfinity commercials quite frankly. 

Same here.  And I swear it seems like no channel can go more than 1 or 2 commercial breaks without airing at least one of them, so we're constantly being subjected to them.

This is my first post here by the way, long time reader though.
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Originally posted by mbaker mbaker wrote:

Same here.  And I swear it seems like no channel can go more than 1 or 2 commercial breaks without airing at least one of them, so we're constantly being subjected to them.

This is my first post here by the way, long time reader though.

Welcome to CIH, insanity 213! Big smile

BTW, that NPH XFINITY ad needs its own thread.  I'd start one but I'm too tired to go find the video....
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 6:34pm
I have nothing against him, but after liking it a lot for about 6 months, How I Met Your Mother started slipping for me and never stopped. And it was largely because of the heavy-handed "Glen Quagmire" type jokes about the Barney character. So that can't help "coloring" my feelings when I see him in general.
As for the gay part, I didn't know about it till reading it here two minutes ago. But, speaking of something wearing incredibly thin, ANOTHER celebrity coming out? - YAWN!!!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 1:00am
I don't dislike Neil Patrick Harris at all, but I can't stand him in the role of womanizer on How I Met Your Mother.  I just can't suspend my disbelief with his character, knowing that he is gay.  It just doesn't work to me.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 3:24am
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

I don't dislike Neil Patrick Harris at all, but I can't stand him in the role of womanizer on How I Met Your Mother.  I just can't suspend my disbelief with his character, knowing that he is gay.  It just doesn't work to me.

That's probably why most gay actors don't proclaim it.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 4:07am
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

That might have been an intentional "inside joke" of the show's producers.
I never watched "Doggiesh*t Howser" back in the day (because I knew it was annoyingly lame & overhyped at the time.)  And as long as I don't have to, I have nothing against him....
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 5:52am
I don't care if it does start with "You don't have to be" - a song with "gay" and "Broadway" in it is still using one of the most incredibly well-worn jokes in the whole history of well-worn jokes. That little phrase doesn't mean it isn't a comedy writer (or composer) cashing in on the cliche one more time. So I'm not too upset that I missed it (now if I could only miss more Elvis jokes).
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 5:56pm
What was crazy is that NPH was in "Harold and Kumar" looking for Fur Burgers...but the REAL NPH would rather be in a Sausage Party!

He's real f**ked-up...why can't he be like Johnny Mathis that when HE came out...he kept to himself?
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic