Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McDonalds Strikes Again!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaundice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McDonalds Strikes Again!
    Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 7:05pm
Well, normally on here I like to post specific commercials, but every f**king McDonalds commercial makes me want to slit my wrists.  First off, there's always some lame ass rap beat in the background which I DON'T want to hear, second, they always have some hugely diverse group of skinny 20-somethings with big smiles saying "I'm lovin' it."  Yes, let's just drop the G and make this country even more illiterate, hell, why not make the slogan "I be lovin' dis' sh*t right here, son!" and just cut to the chase.  McDonalds is obviously trying to target the African Americans with their ads, and it's appalling to think that such a large company can get away with blatant racism on a television ad.  It may be subtle as a whole, but it's really quite obvious.  They need to knock this crap off.
Sponsored Links

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 7:46pm
I agree, but the final straw is this stereotypical black fellow going BADABADABA! Talking it!
AUGH! Makes me want to pull my HAIR OUT!
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 9:49pm
I'd like to see a WacArnold's Commercial.
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

I'd like to see a WacArnold's Commercial.

"n*gga you smell like french fries!!!"
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 11:41pm
I actually ate in a McDonald's recenty, for the first time in years, and actually thought the food was good('Chicken Select' strips and fries) and the place was more tastefully decorated than I thought; not as many garish ad billboards as there used to be.
So, if the restaurants themselves aren't 'in your face' with interior advertising, then why do the TV ads still have to have all this crappy ''middle-aged white ad exec's idea of trendy" music, and the whole 'Bruthas be fo rill at Mickey D's an sh*t, yo!' attitude?
"McDonald's: It's OK for Grandma to Eat Here!"LOL
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 12:20am
I still like the $1 double burgers.....I used to do lunch for $3.00. 2 burgers and a pop.
FleshCouture View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FleshCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 12:38am
Everyday is the worst day ever.
TheDude22 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

I still like the $1 double burgers.....I used to do lunch for $3.00. 2 burgers and a pop.

I still occasionally eat McDonalds. But not as much anymore since. Recently, I tried one of there Angus-third-pounders. They were ok. They could have used a little less onions.
Me hate Grammar Nazis.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 2:52am
Originally posted by Jaundice Jaundice wrote:

McDonalds is obviously trying to target the African Americans with their ads, and it's appalling to think that such a large company can get away with blatant racism on a television ad.  It may be subtle as a whole, but it's really quite obvious.  They need to knock this crap off.

Not sure what you're driving at here.  Should McDonald's NOT target blacks?  Or should they portray them as more Caucasian-like?

BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2009 at 6:11am
Yea, it seems companies are getting in trouble by being "racist" in their marketing campaigns. I seem to remember recently that I think it was Colt 45 that was targeting black neighborhoods with billboards. Some liberal nut got mad that it was racist.

How in the hell could that be considered racist. So, black people like Colt 45. Or McD's. It seems only natural to target your ads towards them. That's just good business sense.

What is annoying is when these target ads show in homes that are NOT the target audience. I also hate the McD's commercials with rap in the background and "thugs" lovin' their burgers. It really annoys me cuz I hate rap and thugs. NOOO. I am not racist!! Any thugs, black or white, I despise. They are losers and posers.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2009 at 6:18pm
Do they have to be so stereotypical about it though? There's all kinds of black folks after all. Nerdy weird black people like me... Folks wearing pants that are 3 sizes too big. I hate that trend and I'd like it to DIE.

But McDonalds needs a new campain anyway.I did like the ad with this dude singing about McD's food and this woman trying to gank it from him.
But they need to kill the whole badabadaba, I'm Lovin' It thing because I'm ready to shoot my television, especially the guy who TALKS out the badabadaba part! AUGH! DO THEY KNOW HOW ANNOYING THIS IS?

And do you even HAVE to advertise McDs to black folks? Most black people LOVE McDonalds.
Me, not so much since seeing that documentary, but I do like the nuggets.

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Jaundice Jaundice wrote:

McDonalds is obviously trying to target the African Americans with their ads, and it's appalling to think that such a large company can get away with blatant racism on a television ad.  It may be subtle as a whole, but it's really quite obvious.  They need to knock this crap off.

Not sure what you're driving at here.  Should McDonald's NOT target blacks?  Or should they portray them as more Caucasian-like?

Without hurting me,
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 12:17am
Also, isn't it just a tad racist to have a rappy version of an ad and a respectable white person ad?
There's plenty of black folks sporting respectable expesive shirts and some white folks who like rap.
Without hurting me,
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 12:23am
My version of a good McDonald's ad:

Show a sandwich and some fries and the background announcer says,

"It's cheap and you love it, enjoy!" 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 1:51am
Now why can't they just do that?
Surely it would be less expensive, and i'm tired of these dumb songs too.
Without hurting me,
Unlucky Wren View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unlucky Wren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 2:30am

Clap Bravo! Really, you should go into your own advertising business, like the other guys who weren't the weak parent on Full House. Only, like, way better.
Wait, what?
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 7:21am
This is still the best McDonald's commercial (in my opinion):

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 11:49am
Oh yeah!
Craftychiq View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craftychiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

This commercial is SO sexist, where are the women? What are they saying, chicks are too stupid to handle a bucket and mop WTF?!

LOL I'm KIDDING, nobody shoot me;) No, this really is a cute commercial (maybe they should go back to that). Is it me or does the manager resemble the oompa loompa in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?:)
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 11:49pm
Maybe this should be their new commercial. (Yes, I know I used this vid before, but I think it may make people laugh or...something).

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Ebola Guy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ebola Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 3:41am
The only thing I can't believe about this commercial is that it is a minute long.  Well, long by today's standards.

Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

adnoxious View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adnoxious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 4:23am
There's a McDonald's down the street from me and for a while they had one of those huge ads in the window that was a picture of a burger and just said "Beefy Score".  Does this sound unappetizing to anyone else?

If it doesn't yet, here is the urbandictionary.com definition for "Beefy Score":

Beefy Score:  To score some beef 
i.e. "I went to bear bar last night at ripples and went home with some beefy score."

ew

http://www.adnoxious.blogspot.com

Cornholio View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornholio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 7:53am

I would watch that commercial.   And I would enjoy it!! ClapClapClapClapClap
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 11:57am
Welcome Adnoxious.  Good name!  Sounds like a "sniglet".
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

Do they have to be so stereotypical about it though? There's all kinds of black folks after all. Nerdy weird black people like me...

Seriously, Synesthesia...are you SURE you're not my long lost twin or something? Because you sound so much like me, I'm beginning to think there's another Mooch running around but going under a different name.

But about these McDonald's commercials, I hate them, too. Why don't they just say what they really want to say with these ads...

(Scene shows a street corner in the ghetto. Several men in baggy pants down to their knees with unkempt hair are shooting dice and waving money in the air; some girls in hoochie outfits are standing around a stoop, laughing and talking loudly.)

"Yo yo! Check it!

Me an' my homies, hangin', laughin' an' jokin'
My boy says he's famished
Dude, what you been smokin'?
We in da hood, don't say sh*t like dat
But let's go to Mickey D's
Cuz their sh*t is phat!
A Big Mac for Killa, some fries for Digga Moe,
An' a Oreo McFlurry
For my li'l ho
We be eatin' cheap food
An' dat is da sh*t
Ba Da Ba Ba Ba
I'm lovin' it!"

Dead Dead
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 4:03pm

Probably because it would be false advertising.

"It's cheap & you'll be on the toilet in 15 minutes.  badabadaba...flush"

that might work.
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic