Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Holiday specials in the wrong holiday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holiday specials in the wrong holiday
    Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 7:35pm
For some reason, networks decide to pull out a holiday special when it's not even that holiday! For example, while flicking through the channels one of the channels was a Arthur Halloween Special in December! Anyone annoyed about this?
Me hate Grammar Nazis.
Sponsored Links

specialkt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 6:57pm
i hate repeat episodes of TV sitcom holiday episodes in any month outside December (im referring mainly to Christmas ones). Or movies for that matter. Why release the holiday movies in summer on DVD? minor infraction - but irks me to no end

just like stores putting out Halloween sh*t in August and Xmas stuff starting in September...STOP IT JUST STOP IT
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 5:51am
I've seen TV commercials and stores doing Christmas shiit in July.
PHUCKING JULY for Christ sakes!!! AngryAngryDeadDeadAngry

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 6:27pm
Believe it or not, the ORIGINAL Miracle on 34th Street actually made its debut in Theatres nationwide on, get this, MAY 2, 1947! It was a SUMMERTIME Movie (Despite it's Holiday Setting). Nethertheless, whenever I find a Holiday-Themed Movie or TV Episode I'll hold back on watching it until the appropiate Holiday, when I will watch it during that particular month. Next Month I'll break out all my Halloween-Themed TV Shows and Horror Movies, after that month ends with my Dog's favorate Holiday (She thinks all the kids in the neighborhood come to visit HER)LOL, I will put them away to make room for the next batch of Holiday-themed Entertainment.
Poiuyt Power!!!
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 7:53am
Originally posted by AngryMcPisseron AngryMcPisseron wrote:

I've seen TV commercials and stores doing Christmas shiit in July.
PHUCKING JULY for Christ sakes!!! AngryAngryDeadDeadAngry
Aye aye aye I hate that sh*t. I mean don't get me wrong I like Christmas too...When it's actually time for christmas. In the middle of July I'm trying to enjoy the decent and don't wanna think about driving through snow or freezing my butt off shovelin' snow. 
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
specialkt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 11:10pm
ya has anyone seen the Norweigan (I think) cruise line commercial pumping Xmas music already?? I understand their pushing cruises for Xmas but omg do notttt wanna hear that music in SEPTEMBERRRRRR
Jeff98177 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff98177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 2:20am
I've come to the conclusion that Halloween and Thanksgiving no longer exist in the retail world. They're just speed bumps on the way to the one holiday where the money REALLY pours in. Sigh.
Life is like the game of baseball, except that in life, there's no infield fly rule.
specialkt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Jeff98177 Jeff98177 wrote:

I've come to the conclusion that Halloween and Thanksgiving no longer exist in the retail world. They're just speed bumps on the way to the one holiday where the money REALLY pours in. Sigh.

i agree however halloween still helps boost due to costume and candy sales - oh and putting out horror movies WILL bank.  thanks giving is only good news for turkey farmers i guess.

ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 1:45am
Originally posted by Jeff98177 Jeff98177 wrote:

I've said for years, I'm amazed someone in the retail/business world hasn't figured out a way to cash in on Thanksgiving. Not that I'd want to see it, I'm just sayin'.

The worst they've been able to do is slop the "Black Friday" crap into Thanksgiving, which more and more stores around here are doing. With the economy tanked this year, I'm expecting all the stores to open Thanksgiving morning to try to get a jump on the competition. "This year, dinner and football can wait! Get your bargains, then eat!!!" Barf.

Seriously, I wish for once all the stores would think of their employees and just stay closed that day.
Hundreds of threads killed.
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 7:54pm
I'm surprised no one's mentioned it, but there's Fox's weird habit of showing the Simpsons Halloween episode in November. Or did they show it in October this time?
Squiggman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squiggman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 9:07am
No it was October this year. It was preempted by a ball game or something last year so it got pushed back to November.
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Squiggman Squiggman wrote:

No it was October this year. It was preempted by a ball game or something last year so it got pushed back to November.

Most years it will be pushed back by the World Series.

Here's something I hope the rest of the nation doesn't have to put up with: As of midnight, November 1st EVERY YEAR, two of our major radio stations begin playing NONSTOP Christmas music.
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 3:44pm
A Simpsons Halloween episode was shown in time for Halloween? That's just spooky.
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Grant Grant wrote:

A Simpsons Halloween episode was shown in time for Halloween? That's just spooky.

LOL- a true Treehouse Of Terror!
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 6:14pm
I have heard that the new Christmas Carol movie didn't do well is because it was released too early.  What's worse, several people in my neighborhood already have their Christmas lights up!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic