Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AT&T "Crazy Dad"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucuxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AT&T "Crazy Dad"
    Posted: 12 May 2008 at 12:41am
Here it is

So, who the Hell does this? I mean, even at 21, my mom and dad are medieval-minded folks. They're the type who like to keep a cushion-sized distance between my boyfriend and I on the couch. The idea of Dad knocking on steamy car windows at make-out central looking for you is terrifying to most young female dependents. Dad catching me in The Act is one of my worst nightmares. This commercial makes me VERY uncomfortable because it seems like something my parents would ACTUALLY DO. Hate it. Make it go away.

*I meant that first sentence to imply that *I* am 21 years old, not my parents. Seems obvious but I wanted to be clear. I'm on a tight leash... Ouch
Sponsored Links

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 5:52pm
That's a good way for pop to be looking down the barrel of a .357. Try peeking in windows at your local truckstop sometime.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 7:18pm
What gets me is how he uses the phrase "The girl with the crazy dad that no one wants to date".
I know there is a comma in there but still, it could have been rephrased correctly.

Han6001 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Han6001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 8:24pm
What bothers me is that he didn't get the text message she sent. A text message? Really? Is that how kids ask for permission to go places these days? She couldn't call and leave a voice mail or anything like that?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 8:52pm
Exactly.
That Dad, looking for "KellyMore!", is NICE compared to some of us psychotic fathers that have gone through this sort of thing - and saved out daughters from a Mother who WAS slinging a Glock ("ALWAYS ready")....I am the NICE one!
GLOCK%2039  

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
tucuxi View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucuxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 6:10am
Would teens actually line up their cars next to each other on some hill and make out and have sex? I'd prefer my privacy. I don't care if everyone else around me is doing the same thing. It just seems creepy. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 2:30pm
Tucuxi, people used to do that all the time at the drive-ins.

By the way, I think you're lucky to have the parents you do.

tucuxi View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucuxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 7:34pm
Thing is, I never fought them about the obsessive control over me when I was younger. When I hit 20, it got annoying, especially when they still try to segregate me from my boyfriend of 5 years.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 7:46pm

Both times my brother was engaged (first time at 29, second at 43), he and his fiances were NOT allowed to sleep together under my parents' roof when they visited.  Not until they were married. 

And when I was still living at home, I was, in no way, allowed to even bring a girl to my room.  We were allowed in the living room, kitchen, or rec room.  No questions asked.  LOL

Hey, maybe that's half the reason for the demise of drive-ins and lovers' lanes.  Now, young people are allowed to do it at home!!

sickntired View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sickntired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 10:13pm

Why is he saying, "Kelly More!"  ?

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 10:24pm
Kelly Moore, as in her last name.
tucuxi View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucuxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 10:44pm
Holy Crepe, our families are exactly the same! No unmarried couple is allowed to sleep in the same room. It doesn't matter if they are 15 or 50. It's a tough adjustment, since my boyfriend's family doesn't give a rat's butt where I sleep when I come over. At home, I can have him in my room, but with the door open and a foot of space between us. Dead

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Both times my brother was engaged (first time at 29, second at 43), he and his fiances were NOT allowed to sleep together under my parents' roof when they visited.  Not until they were married. 

And when I was still living at home, I was, in no way, allowed to even bring a girl to my room.  We were allowed in the living room, kitchen, or rec room.  No questions asked.  LOL

Hey, maybe that's half the reason for the demise of drive-ins and lovers' lanes.  Now, young people are allowed to do it at home!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic