Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Commercials Yelling At Me About Being Unemployed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercials Yelling At Me About Being Unemployed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commercials Yelling At Me About Being Unemployed
    Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 9:42pm
Because I've been working temporary jobs off and on when ever I can get one. (which isn't often enough!) I end up at home watching television. (When I should be reading, cleaning or studying Japanese more, but it's usually in the afternoon)
Some dude from Everest College keeps yelling about how folks are just sitting around watching TV and how they need to call Everest right now and to stop making things so difficult.
It's annoying because I ALREADY WENT TO COLLEGE. I have a college degree and I don't want to study Medical Assisting and Dental Assisting. But these commercials come on 900 times a day and I just have to turn the channel because being nagged by people on television is annoying! Dead
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Sponsored Links

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 11:44pm

Yeah seriously did that annoying black stereotype ever think of that? Maybe you already did go to f**kin' college and can't get anything beyond working in warehouses or McDonald's because every company says "We want experience" but will be goddamned if they'll let anyone get it. So you realize the only thing going to that unaccredited diploma mill will accomplish is saddling you with 5 times the debt you had before. Feeding your money to a goat is a more sane investment in your future than that.

Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 11:59pm
Hehehehehehe. I already have student loans hanging over my head, and that Phoenix school kept going, come here, which made me think but I'll owe more money ><.
Now they got a black chick yelling and screaming at folks too about how they should go to Everest.
These folks remind me too much of my relatives. All naggy and stuff going pshf and walking off in a huff.
Without hurting me,
grimaldi View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grimaldi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 5:29am
Seems like its about time for them to change their name again,
before 'everest' it was 'ashmead', I can't remember the few names it was before that
but I know by the same crappy commercials the only thing that changed was the name.

http://www.videovat.com/videos/7363/grimaldi-nativity-commercial.aspx
msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 5:35am
So I can stick with my architecture classes, which is a 5-year program.  Or I can go to Everest so I can be a certified bed pan emptier.  Hmmmmm.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 6:04am
Ew. I didn't even think of having to clean up bed pans. Gross...
I'd hate to have any of those jobs, again, I hate working with distressed people. They should have training for a person who wants a nice solitary job doing something enjoyable but lucrative...
Like writing or organizing books. For rich people.
Without hurting me,
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 7:29am
"Would YOU like a career as a shrill-voiced spokeswoman for a fly-by-night 'career college'?
Call NOW! I said NOW, you lazy, shiftless, TV-watchin' FOOL!"LOL
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 7:56am
Yeah, commercials like these piss me right off. I went to a trade school, I busted my ass, got my degree, got a job, lost it, couldn't find another like it to save my life, went back to the school I got my degree from, they told me to take another full program and pay for it all over again, because everything they already taught me is obsolete, and they say I have no marketable skills. Well what the F-U-C-K did I waste my time with them in the first place for? F-u-c-k-ing BASTARDS! Fine, I'll take some piss-poor job sitting at a desk for minimum wage for the rest of my life, just to stay away from phony people like them!
specialkt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 12:24pm
worse is that online Phoenix school - they totally price gouged my friend for a degree he printed off the internet even though he never really passed the courses he "needed" for it.

when i got out of college, the "lack of experience" thing killed me. i lucked out though so i cant complain :(
FrauKruspe View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrauKruspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 2:21pm

:P :P Get ya azz in skool!!
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by msmith msmith wrote:

So I can stick with my architecture classes, which is a 5-year program.  Or I can go to Everest so I can be a certified bed pan emptier.  Hmmmmm.

LOLLOLLOLLOL

I hate these commercials, too. They always seem to come on during daytime TV where the mindless drones staring slack-jawed at Jerry Springer might sit up and take notice.

"Hey Maw! That there Ev'rest commurcial is on agin! Maybe I should think about goin' dere an' learn that medical stuff."
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Yeah, commercials like these piss me right off. I went to a trade school, I busted my ass, got my degree, got a job, lost it, couldn't find another like it to save my life, went back to the school I got my degree from, they told me to take another full program and pay for it all over again, because everything they already taught me is obsolete, and they say I have no marketable skills. Well what the F-U-C-K did I waste my time with them in the first place for? F-u-c-k-ing BASTARDS! Fine, I'll take some piss-poor job sitting at a desk for minimum wage for the rest of my life, just to stay away from phony people like them!

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of.. You go through all that trouble and expense to get a degree that's obsolete in five seconds! GRAH >< I already studied English writing, and I don't mind working at a desk if I could get a steady desk job.

Phoenix was calling me a lot. I really need to be ruder to these folks, but, still... I didn't want to go there at all even though it's right in Braintree.
Without hurting me,
Aresi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aresi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 6:10pm
ARGHHH! I've been wating to vent about these commercials, glad this post is here!
I hate them all, but the one that makes me want to reach through the screen and throttle Mr. Has it together hip young street guy, is the one where at the end he looks like he's annoyed and walks away from the camera shaking his head. Like I'm going to take some advice from some trash talking hoodrat with his hat cocked to the side.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 6:37pm
Yeah, that gets on my last damn nerves. He's all, phffsh. Walking away in a huff. When I see this ad it makes me yell, dang it, stop telling me what to do, i don't want to go to Everest. And I change the channel to something not screaming on me.
The ads where (which is showing now) they have people saying, I'm so happy I'm going to Everest are a bit more tolerable, because they are not screaming on me. If I want to be screamed at, I'd go and visit family members and tell them I am no longer Seventh Day Adventist. Then I'd get some serious yelling.
My grammar is so bad for an English major, but bad grammar is funny.

And so was that video. That's what that guy sounds like. "I hate you and your mother hates you, get yo azz in SCHOOL!"
Without hurting me,
msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 6:48pm
There's a new one with a girl who was working in a restaurant before going to Everest.  She said she got lousy tips.  Maybe she sucked at waiting tables?  Just think, now there is someone was a bad waitress and now they're working with patients.
LOT Tu-134 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOT Tu-134 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 1:55am
A lot of these TV schools I hear are not really accredited universities. I have a friend who was going to go to Everest, she ended up throwing a lot of money at them, but then found out they had no accreditation and left.

If you can, just try to get into a community college, and if you can, another 2 years of real University, and you can actually help yourself much better than throwing your money towards a lot of these "get educated quick" schemes.

I know there are a few of these that are accredited, but I recall hearing that a large majority are just there to make people think that they're going to something important.
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOL

I hate these commercials, too. They always seem to come on during daytime TV where the mindless drones staring slack-jawed at Jerry Springer might sit up and take notice.

"Hey Maw! That there Ev'rest commurcial is on agin! Maybe I should think about goin' dere an' learn that medical stuff."

'The Ev'rest In-stee-toot Fer Learnin' Stuff An' sh*t. Call now!"LOL
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Irishman Irishman wrote:

'The Ev'rest In-stee-toot Fer Learnin' Stuff An' sh*t. Call now!"LOL

LOLLOLLOLLOL How are they going to fit that on their sign?

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 9:19pm
I know a girl who went to University of Phoenix. I don't know what this says about their other students, but she is a shining example of what people should strive not to be.
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Yutolia Yutolia wrote:

I know a girl who went to University of Phoenix. I don't know what this says about their other students, but she is a shining example of what people should strive not to be.
There was a defendant on Judge Judy the other day who said he's going to Kaplan University.  I don't think the guy had two brain cells to rub together.
ironwolf56 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ironwolf56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 10:38am
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Yeah seriously did that annoying black stereotype ever think of that? Maybe you already did go to f**kin' college and can't get anything beyond working in warehouses or McDonald's because every company says "We want experience" but will be goddamned if they'll let anyone get it. So you realize the only thing going to that unaccredited diploma mill will accomplish is saddling you with 5 times the debt you had before. Feeding your money to a goat is a more sane investment in your future than that.

Even if you have modest experience then you get to experience the reality I'm facing which is sort of "we know we can't do our jobs and the fact that you worked in the real world then got a 4 year degree scares us."  Basically it seems people are just screwed no matter what they do in the job market.
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 7:36pm

There was a defendant on Judge Judy the other day who said he's going to Kaplan University.  I don't think the guy had two brain cells to rub together.
"Kaplan" Institute?

Welcome%20Back,%20Kotter 

Washington:"Yo, Mistuh Kottare!"
Horshack:" Phoenix! Very  impressive creden-shuls!"
Epstein:"Yeah, my muthuh always wanted me get an accredited degree from some place that advertises on TV!"
Barabarino: 'WHAT?'
Kotter: "TV, Barbarino."
Barbarino: "WHERE?"
LOL

msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Irishman Irishman wrote:

"Kaplan" Institute?

Welcome%20Back,%20Kotter 

Washington:"Yo, Mistuh Kottare!"
Horshack:" Phoenix! Very  impressive creden-shuls!"
Epstein:"Yeah, my muthuh always wanted me get an accredited degree from some place that advertises on TV!"
Barabarino: 'WHAT?'
Kotter: "TV, Barbarino."
Barbarino: "WHERE?"
LOL

Never made the Gabe Kaplan connection.  I like it!!!!! LOL
Girlmec View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Girlmec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2009 at 10:35pm
I went to college too...and if I'm not careful....and I'm stuck on one of those channels all day, it makes me think I need to go back and get trained to be a care aid or something.  It's like building a perfect house and then someone walks by and trys to tell you he can teach you how to hammer a nail in a board.  No matter how big your house is, if he keeps yelling at you about how the new wave is hammering nails to boards, you think, 'maybe...'

but then, no.....cause most of these people can look forward to maxing out at salaries around 30k....you can't hardly go to school two years and get a tuition bill less than that

stupid commericals...even if they are aimed at high school diplomas
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2009 at 11:00pm
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't like seeing all these commercials for medical/dental assisting targeting people with "one year programs" and what not. It makes me feel like any medical/dental assistant is going to end up being crappy at their job. I know a year is probably all it takes to learn to take blood pressure and take notes, but still.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic