Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tide "I'm Cool Like Dat" Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redruM13xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tide "I'm Cool Like Dat" Commercial
    Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 6:58pm
This is one of those annoying commercials that falls under the "rediculous and repetitive music" category. It's an ad for Tide's coldwater laundry detergent. Not only is it boring watching various hands turn their laundry dial to "cold", your ears are assaulted by some dumbass REPEATEDLY rapping "I'm cool like dat, I'm cool like dat. I'm cool like dat."

That neanderthal isn't cool like anything. And I hate this commercial.
I couldn't find the actual commercial on youtube but I did find the terrible song. The "cool like that" part starts at 1:28 so you don't have to listen to any of the sh*t before it. And no offense to anyone who likes this kind of music. I just really don't, and I thought it was stupid to put that annoyance in a laundry commercial.

Edit: Please use YouTube tags
Sponsored Links

ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 8:16pm
I guess since the Digable Planets canceled a leg of their tour this year, they found another way to make some dough.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 9:04pm
This song was really popular when I was in junior high school back in 1992. To hear that they are using it in a commercial makes me feel really really sad and really really old.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

This song was really popular when I was in junior high school back in 1992. To hear that they are using it in a commercial makes me feel really really sad and really really old.

Wait'll you start hearing your songs being used in commercials for old people products.  Led Zeppelin for Cadillac, The Buzzcocks for AARP, and the Everly Brothers for Sea-Bond.

TheDude22 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 12:36am
This was one of the few songs that sucked back in the 90's.
Me hate Grammar Nazis.
specialkt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 12:41am
theyve started playing early 90s rock on the oldies station. im only 23 and feel like a fossil..
Cornholio View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornholio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 6:01am
I HATE REPETITIVE MUSIC!!!    Hey advertisers!!   I do remember your repetitive music ads, so I know what products to NOT buy!!   Stop doing it!!!  OK?? LOL
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 4:02pm
I've seen this commercial several times and it's annoying.  I can't stand hearing the repetitive "cool like dat"  rap in the background.  I hate that type of music anyway, let alone in a commercial.  Thumbs%20Down
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 7:06pm
I hate it as much as John Mayer singing, "Say what you need to say" over and over and over again.  HATE HATE HATE the repetition.  It's like the Department of Redundancy Department.
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 11:02pm
I hate that song cuz it sucks like that, it's lame like that, it's crap like that, it's dumb like that...LOL
FrauKruspe View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrauKruspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 2:10pm
This song has been sampled many times over the years. "We be to rap what key be to lock" E-40 used that snip in one of his songs..

Honestly, I like the song. Never heard it til just now, but I like old school hip-hop. I do not find it that repetative. I guess I am so used to rap/hip hop music or something. The hook in a song is supposed to be repetative.
Duffin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 4:52pm
I always liked this song. Classic Rap was innovative and had a message back in the day. I really doubt they wanted it associated with Detergent. And I don't want it on my TV. It's just as annoying as that carobnated tea commercial where they repeat "I think I love you" over and over again.
Cornholio View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornholio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Duffin Duffin wrote:

I always liked this song. Classic Rap was innovative and had a message back in the day. I really doubt they wanted it associated with Detergent. And I don't want it on my TV. It's just as annoying as that carobnated tea commercial where they repeat "I think I love you" over and over again.

Or that "Say What You need to say" song on EVERY Hallmark ad.    Except I hate that song!!   And John Mayer!!AngryAngryAngry
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 12:25am
At least it's not Slow Dancing in a Burning Room.
I love that song! It's too good to be in an ad.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 1:23am
This commercial just killed "I'm Cool Like Dat.". 
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Lkn@Chu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lkn@Chu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 5:23pm
Noting by the way some of you identify yourselves,
    You are just NOT COOL
                                 like That
                                               Cool
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 12:48am

THAT is one *hip-hop* song I actually like! Always have.

I don't know why.

Neither does MissyDWolf.

Maybe because it FEELS positive.

Guess I have very strange taste about many things...maybe I think 'dey needs some edicashun like 'dat...a chance like 'dat!

I think others liked it too - the group was nominated for a Grammy, back in '94 - others liked 'em like 'dat, too.

Maybe it was just the jazz like 'dat influence.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 4:03am
Originally posted by TheDude22 TheDude22 wrote:

This was one of the few songs that sucked back in the 90's.

Sorry Dude, I can think of many, many other songs that sucked in the 90's. For me, it was kind of a wasteland of crappy music. Course, that's just my opinion!Wink
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 4:05am
BTW, this commercial sucks. Whether you like the song or not, the repetition is super annoying. I've only seen it once, and immediately hated it. 
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 4:30am
Originally posted by Duffin Duffin wrote:

I always liked this song. Classic Rap was innovative and had a message back in the day. I really doubt they wanted it associated with Detergent. .

I came to the same conclusion, what sell outs. I doubt when they wrote the song they wanted it to be associated with washing your clothes in cold water. Stuffy white ad executive strikes again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic