Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Duggars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by LOL1955 LOL1955 wrote:

I shudder to think what their "sex life" (I use the term loosely) must be like.Dead

You may have nailed it with "loosely."Embarrassed

Like throwing a hotdog down a hallway...LOL
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 11:04pm
Nah, more like a dark cavern.LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 5:22pm
...why, good ol' JimBob Duggar did it AGAIN!!!
For all you golfers who drive hard, drive long - well, here's a record to which you too can shoot to beat. 
He just finished 'The 18th Hole', per se...

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 5:53pm
Congrats to them, but no CIH party.  At this point, they should be on the "blocks of five" party system.  They'll just have to wait for #20 before we have a CIH celebration.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 7:27pm

How nice. Now they can play baseball all together without any outside interference.

I think rabbits look at these two and think "WTF???"

The artist formerly known as Madawee

meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 3:28am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Congrats to them, but no CIH party.  At this point, they should be on the "blocks of five" party system.  They'll just have to wait for #20 before we have a CIH celebration.

I'll mark my calendar for a party 18 months from now LOL  Thor's house?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 5:17pm

"I REALLY LIKE big families!"

A disturbing 'dinner table' line.

Can you picture your daughter, now engaged to a Duggar son - and the two visiting you at your home when he makes that statement as you put a spoon full of soup in your mouth?
Would you involuntarily spit it out? 
Would you pull your daughter aside, into the kitchen, for a brief and loving discussion?
"...huh...wha...?"
"...maybe you should reconsider, sweetheart..."
"why? DannyBoy is sooooo nice; a perfect angel!"
"he will kill you"
"how can that be?"
"his family is unnatural; possibly alien - they breed like sewer rats! - think YOU can do that?"
"that's nasty!"
"you are beautiful, dear - athletically inclined; one of our treasures. Now, do you remember the analogy about folks who carry a 'monkey on their back'?"
"...yea (slight tearing in your little misfit's eyes)..."
"you wanna spend the rest of your life always carrying one in your belly? and...oh, if you DO, here's another suggestion. Invest in twine. You'll need plenty for the child leash you'll need whenever you go out..."

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2008 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Mark Mark wrote:

They remind me of that family in Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life. Or something out of Deliverance.

Yes, when the mother is at the stove, looks out the window and sees the stork coming.  Then you hear the *thud* from under her skirt, and she says to her daughter: "Oh, bloody hell.  Get that, would you, Deirdre?"

[Or something to that effect.]

And for anyone who didn't click on PaWolf's link, the Duggars welcomed their 18th the other day.  As for how many kids they'll have, as long as God keeps giving them babies . . . .

I know they're not harming anyone, and thankfully, they can afford to raise their own family, but I still feel like it's selfish to bring that many kids in to the world.  Haven't they heard of overpopulation? 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2008 at 7:24pm
LOLOhhhh...now I don't know if they're being all that selfish...even we have been blessed with more than most (five), but certainly not more than the most we've known (nine)...but...eighteen?!  I'm actually surprised Mrs. Duggar hasn't filed for divorce on grounds of physical and mental abuse.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 1:24pm
Ann Curry interviewed the Duggars, this morning.
They really appear to be a very pleasant family; I couldn't help but snicker when they mentioned that there is a sign-up sheet at home, for one-on-one time with Mom and/or Dad. I really wonder if it is a sign-up sheet, or do they use the Microsoft Outlook, or Lotus Notes Calendar Features and schedule these one-hour sessions?
"Hi there!!! And what's YOUR name, little fella?!" 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 2:54pm
I saw some documentary about them.  They don't seem horrible at all.  As far as the concern about overpopulation...well, we're far from overpopulated here in the US.  Besides, if these kids grow up to be decent people (as seems might be the case, though you never know until it happens) and don't have a negative impact on society, they'll be ahead of the curve. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 3:44pm
Agreed. All the same, trying to set aside one-on-one time with 15 direct reports with over a two-week period is hard enough - during work hours. These folks do it during FAMILY TIME! They MUST have one heck of a system, I swear.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 3:49pm
Being on TV and all, I hope they don't turn into the Loud family.  Remember them?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 4:01pm

...oh boy; shades of 'Soap' (The Loud Family starring the late Lance Loud)...I don't see that happening here, Thor...the Loud family is no more.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 4:10pm
I saw Lance Loud's punk band at CBGB's back around 1978 or so.  I didn't realize it was him at the time.  They were called The Mumps.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 4:18pm
I thought he stuck to being a columnist.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 4:24pm
Nope.  In fact, here's the 45 I bought at the show.  Haven't listened to it in maybe 30 years.  Maybe today I will.

Asnotseenontv View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asnotseenontv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2008 at 10:22pm
People, leave them alone. That means both the media and the people bashing the Mrs's uterus. They're not hurting anyone, they just like children that's all.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 12:51am

You're probably right.

Leave 'em alone.

Quarantine the entire bunch. In a steel, air-tight box under 20 feet of cement. Probably best; they could be contagious.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Asnotseenontv View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asnotseenontv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 6:24am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

You're probably right.

Leave 'em alone.

Quarantine the entire bunch. In a steel, air-tight box under 20 feet of cement. Probably best; they could be contagious.

Angry

That gets a Dude Not Funny from me

msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2008 at 10:50pm
Well the way I see it is that they are hurting people.  The older children are nothing more that caregivers for the younger ones.  Also, overpopulation may not seem like an issue just with their family but what if we all decided to do what they have done.  As far as the birth control issue, it may be against their religion but has the woman ever heard of closing her damn legs.  The way I see it for example is her family alone would fill an entire classroom, that is a problem.  I know that they are all of different ages (obviously) but there is no reason in the modern world for anyone to have that many children, it is a burden on society.  Pa, you said you have been blessed with five children, you also said that it is an above average family size, I can only imagine how hard it was to raise all of them to be upstanding citizens (applause) as I am sure you have but to have that many (18) takes opportunities away from other people.  Sorry, rambling, I'm done now.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Asnotseenontv Asnotseenontv wrote:

You're probably right.

Leave 'em alone.

Angry

That gets a Dude Not Funny from me

That's perfectly o.k. by me. You are entitled to your thoughts and beliefs - you advised us of your opinion - and, well...lookie here! YOU got a present in return! 'Tis called MY opinion. Live with it - this will certainly not be the last time you encounter a 'conflict of interests'.  
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 1:30am
ShockedTHIS is simply low and tasteless - and I certainly didn't expect this from THIS 'self-righteous' bull-sh*t organization!
PETA Lampoons Duggars In Billboard
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 1:44am

ShockedTHIS is simply low and tasteless - and I certainly didn't expect this from THIS 'self-righteous' bull-sh*t organization!
PETA Lampoons Duggars In Billboard

What's so bad about it?

I thought it was kinda cute.

And what have you got against PETA, btw?

You some kinda animal hater, Pa?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 2:08am
I think it's kinda funny.  And I'll bet the Duggars do, too.  Well, I hope they do.

Sometimes I like PETA; sometimes not so much.  They do some good work, but they're really big into collecting stray animals and killing them.  They're against "no-kill" shelters and policies, and try to euthanize as many animals as they can.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic