Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite Smells

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Smells
    Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 5:16am
I love the smell of the caramel/vanilla roast coffee beans I bought.  No, not for making coffee, but just for the aroma.  <deep breath>  mmmmmmmm.  The power of a coffee bean.... Smile
Sponsored Links

Cornholio View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornholio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 5:20am
This has the potential to be very interesting.   And very funny if used correctly...Wink
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 6:15am
Originally posted by Cornholio Cornholio wrote:

This has the potential to be very interesting.   And very funny if used correctly...Wink

Yeah, one of you will say "farts"....

Anyway, I love the fragrance of lilacs. 

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 11:52am
I'm not crazy about lilacs.  Flonase tries to smell like lilacs.  They should try more for like "vanilla" or "nothing."

I like:
clove
orange
lavender

I do not like "fart" or "barf." 
specialkt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 2:32pm
fresh cut grass
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 4:12pm
Freshly-made coffee - more specifically, coffee that's still in the process of perking.
Pizza.
Freshly-cut grass.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate the following odours:
Poop.
Puke.
Baby powder (for some reason, I can "see" dirty diapers whenever I encounter the odour of baby powder).

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 7:46pm
The lawn & garden section at Lowes.
Nitro and/or racing gas.
Salty air at the beach.
The food vendor smell at the fair.
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 7:52pm
lemon
lavender
cooking onions or garlic
cinnamon
apples
popcorn
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 9:22pm
I don't know if this is on the market anymore:

Baby Magic Lotion

God, that lotion had a nice fragrance!

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 9:24pm
There was a baby wash, in a yellow bottle.  I'm pretty sure it was Baby Magic - and that stuff DID smell good!

I'm sure they still make it.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

Originally posted by Cornholio Cornholio wrote:

Yeah, one of you will say "farts"....

Anyway, I love the fragrance of lilacs. 

Lilac farts...... Tongue

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 9:38pm
That blue "ditto" ink they used to make worksheets with back in the pre-historic, ancient old days when we went to school.

Before there were ink jet printers & Xerox machines.

The first thing anyone would do when they'd get a paper as they were being passed back would be to stick their nose up against it & sniff while the smell was still there. 

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 11:53pm
OK, I'm going to sound like a weenie, but my mother used to use a cologne called "Fame".  She died when she was only 49. 

Several years later I was in a perfume section at the department store, looking for a some stuff for my girlfriend.  I was just picking up bottles and sniffing them to see if I could stand them, and I sniffed one that sent my memories alive.  It smelled like my mom.  I actually got choked up.  Needless to say, I didn't buy it, but a couple of years ago, I looked again.  I just wanted to smell my mom again. 

They don't make it any more.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 1:03am
I like flowery, old lady perfume.  The one that comes to mind is Intimate.

Otherwise...

Orange blossoms
Whatever that stuff is in PVC glue and solvents
Bacon
Lilac
My cats when they've come in on a rainy day and they smell like pine
Mimeograph ink
Lowe's/Home Depot (it's the lumber)

Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 1:35am
Has pipe smoking gone the way of the "doh-doh"?  When I smell pipe tobacco ever so rarely, I always think of my Dad.

Lilacs
Bacon
Onions, carrots and celery (mire poix) sauteeing
Meat roasting
Gasoline
Mimeo ink!  Yes indeed!  Mmmmm...sniiiiiiifs......Approve.......Cool
Play Dough
My perfumes (Amarige, Pure Poison, Believe, Wind Song....)
Cat fur
Baby-head (fresh-washed)
Lemon
Ginger
Herbs --especially dill and basil

"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
sherrah012 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrah012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 2:02am
Cinnamon (I have an apple-cinnamon air freshener in my car right now, and it smells like pie!)
Vanilla
Coffee
Leather
Play-doh
New clothes/shoes/cars
Vera Wang Princess (I wear it nonstop, and my boyfriend says I smell like "cake and happy")
My guy... whether or not he's wearing any type of fragrance. <3
Pizza
Dove soap
Spearmint gum
Bed Head hair products in general
Mr. Bubble
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 2:41am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

OK, I'm going to sound like a weenie, but my mother used to use a cologne called "Fame".  She died when she was only 49. 

Several years later I was in a perfume section at the department store, looking for a some stuff for my girlfriend.  I was just picking up bottles and sniffing them to see if I could stand them, and I sniffed one that sent my memories alive.  It smelled like my mom.  I actually got choked up.  Needless to say, I didn't buy it, but a couple of years ago, I looked again.  I just wanted to smell my mom again. 

They don't make it any more.

I heard somewhere that of all the 5 senses, the sense of smell is the one that evokes memories of the past the strongest.

Often times when I go outside I'll smell something that reminds me of when I was a kid.

Especially wood smoke. Something about the smell of wood burning off in the distance makes me think of camping out & being out in the woods as a kid.

In the springtime when the orange blossoms & jasmine are in bloom, that also takes me back to my youth.

C'mon, man!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 4:34am
Fresh cut cucumbers

Sautee'd vidalia onions

Baby oil on freshly bathed skin
One man gathers what another man spills
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 4:37am
Hi Jimmy!Hug

Estee Lauder "Pleasures"

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 6:36am

My favorite smell is gear oil. It reminds me of the school picnic at Kennywood our local amusement park. I always smelled it around the roller coasters. The school picnic was usually a couple days after my birthday and a couple weeks before summer vacation. 

I also like cherry air fresheners because when I was a kid my favorite uncle who always has cool cars like old cop cars and mustangs used them. I swear he must dump like a whole box of those little trees in the trunk or something because they are strong. By strong I mean you can smell them like 10 feet away from his car.

Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 8:33am
Eucalyptus

Burning wood (campfire)

Smell in the air in around a fast-flowing river, or waterfalls

The smell in the Woods

The smell around a mossy gorge

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 1:56pm
Grilling meat.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 1:58pm
A freshly cleaned cat litter box.
(as compared to before it was cleaned)

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 2:00pm
A freshly cut lawn.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 2:01pm
Those cinammon scented brooms they sell in the grocery stores in the fall.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic