Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Radio Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kars4Kids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mimitchi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Imus did live on the radio he said quote "shut up" LOL

LOL! That's too funny!

If you donate your car to Kars4Kids, it actually gets profits donated to:
Pinch
But I'll always love this jingle!

Sponsored Links

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 1:39am
It really is amusing me how that banner is... big... and camouflaged.. And has many exclamation points.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 3:54pm
For the 4th of July weekend, one of the radio stations here was doing an A to Z Countdown, playing their entire music library in alphabetical order. They do this every year and my family listens to it.

Unfortunately, that meant hearing this damn commercial ALL WEEKEND LONG!!!!! ARRRGGH!

Oh, sweet Jesus, it just came on again!

*sound of Mooch screaming and tearing her hair out*
mimitchi33 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mimitchi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 2:19am
Guess what? Kars4Kids has a new radio ad! Do you like this version, Mooch, or is it still annoying as the original ad?

And from the jingle's website, I found out about its history:

1999 - First version of the jingle with only a kid singing released on a local NY radio station.

2001 - Airs on a local NJ station.

2003 - Remastered to the current version with kid and adult singing.

2003 - Released on major radio station in NY – WABC.

2004 - First airing out of NY area- WBBM and WLS in Chicago.

2005 - Jingle hits the west coast airing on multiple California radio stations.

2007- Jingle goes nationwide in 6 prime radio markets on all major networks.

2008 - Chicago tribune does feature story on everyone’s favorite jingle.

2009 - Create your own jingle contest launched with dozens of amateur musicians from all over the country submitting their original versions.

2010 - Don Imus is heard on air ranting about the jingle during a commercial break, later apologizes to Kars4Kids, and lauds the charity’s great work.

2011 - Heavy metal remix. 

Sorry for bumping, but I wanted to share possibly good news with Kars4Kids haters.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by mimitchi33 mimitchi33 wrote:

Guess what? Kars4Kids has a new radio ad! Do you like this version, Mooch, or is it still annoying as the original ad?

Still horrible, dump that annoying kids voice and you might have something less annoying. The heavy metal music doesn't help either.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
S100Headache View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S100Headache Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 9:08pm
They don't even look like a metal band in that one.

I originally thought that this Kars for Kids thing was letting little kids behind the wheel.
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 6:24pm
This commercial sucks no matter what style they do it in. I listened to the "metal" version and had to turn it off after 30 seconds. My ears!

BTW, they're STILL playing the regular version on my radio. Make it stop!!!!!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

This commercial sucks no matter what style they do it in. I listened to the "metal" version and had to turn it off after 30 seconds. My ears!

BTW, they're STILL playing the regular version on my radio. Make it stop!!!!!
Same here, Mooch. The regular version that sets my teeth on edge and makes me want to steer my car into a friggin' steel girder.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 11:24pm
I've always hated those commercials...always figured if'n I donated a wreck, it'd be in their posession for 30 days and then when they didn't do anything with it in an appropriate amount of time, they'd find some kids who went and played 'hide and seek' in the friggin trunk; the car would make the news and I'd recognize it and feel like crap.
Nope.
Ain't happenin' here.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
parrotheada1a View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parrotheada1a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2011 at 3:22am
I rarely hear this piece of sheet beyond the first 3-4 notes, as I hit the mute button immediately. It does have it's sole redeeming value in that if it comes on before I get my lazy ass out of bed in the AM I'll jump out and hit the snooze ASAP.
The ad I'd really love to see has the GEICO Gecko being run over and flattened by the Energizer bunny.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 9:46pm
ARGH it's in my head!!!!

Make it stop!!!

Make it stop!!!

Angry
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mimitchi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 8:13pm
It just came on WFAN! Horray! I love this ad!

Don't bash me, Kars4Kids haters, I like it when this ad plays!

And Mooch, I'm sorry that you don't like the new advert!
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 8:43pm
I just listened to this.  It's not all that bad, but I'm sure I would get sick of it if I had to listen to it all day.  Sirius/XM has its advantages.Thumbs Up

smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 2:51pm
One thing that bugs me is the way the kid pronounces "donate," with the emphasis on the second syllable.  I'm sure it's an acceptable alternative pronunciation, but I've always pronounced it "DO-nate." 

Well, I didn't say it was rational...LOL
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 5:05pm
So I'm sitting at my desk at work... minding my own business... when alllll of a sudden...without warning...my ears are assaulted by this damn commercial. But not the regular version that I hear all the time...it was the so-called punk rock version. I had to do everything in my power to not start screaming and punt the radio out of the 12th floor window.

Why must this ad continue to torture me? Any and all versions of this commercial suck! STOP PLAYING IT, I TELL YOU! STOP! I'M GOING MAD, MAD I TELL YOU! It'll be Times Square axe-wielding maniac time if I hear this ad again today! Stay tuned.
Soviet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soviet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 2:52am
I live in Seattle, and I hear those ads to on 97.3 KIRO FM. Angry
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 6:20pm
They need to let go of that annoying kid voice his accent is annoying.

Get a new less annoying kid then you might have something. Approve 
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 1:39am
I HATE that Censored ad!!!.
FromtheWordsofBR View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FromtheWordsofBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 2:52am
I hate this ad, especially the punk version.
andypanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andypanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by parrotheada1a parrotheada1a wrote:

I rarely hear this piece of sheet beyond the first 3-4 notes, as I hit the mute button immediately. It does have it's sole redeeming value in that if it comes on before I get my lazy ass out of bed in the AM I'll jump out and hit the snooze ASAP.
Lol!  Several radio stations that I often listen to recently started playing them.  Was "cutesy" at first, but the cuteness had worn off by the fourth day.  Also have to shut'em up by clicking the 'ol Mute button as well..
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mimitchi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 8:39pm
On Saturday, March 24, 2012, at 5:50PM on 99.5 WPLJ...
I FINALLY HEARD THE NEW VERSION OF THE JINGLE!
So the new version is finally on WPLJ! 
But I will always love this song.
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 11:46pm
Mimitchi, are you in the NYC area? Because WPLJ is a station we have here, only it's 95.5.
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 6:19pm
*cue ominous music*

Just when you think you've finally escaped this horrid ad...months have gone by without hearing it...when...

*music hits a crescendo*

IT'S BACK!!!!!!

*shot of people running for their lives and screaming*

Mooch is ready to kill now.
Oldensign View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldensign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 1:17am
That's in NY?  I haven't ranted about it because I though it was limited to the San Francisco area.  Apparently it's a nationwide scam.  I assumed it was a scam the first time I heard the horrible, whiny little dingus "singing", but that was just an assumption.

Then I searched for kars for kids scams and came up with lots and lots of hits including the Better Business Bureau. Then I found that the outfit is based in New Jersey.  Now THAT makes sense.  I just don't know why they decided to pollute the air waves in San Francisco.
See this, for example:  http://kars4kids-scam.blogspot.com/

You would not believe how quickly a 71-year-old fat guy with war wounds can move when necessary to TURN OFF THE RADIO or change stations.  Sometimes even I am amazed.

They MUST have tested this on focus groups to fine-tune the original commercial for maximum annoyance.  A couple of months ago they tried an updated jazzy version, but they've gone back to the original now.  As annoying as the updated version was, apparently the original just can't be beat for pure, sheer horrible.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 1:36am
I hope I never hear this ad EVER again!

So far, I haven't heard it on the stations I frequent to.

Well, I can't chose my radio stations, since my cars in the shop. Anyway, I get rides and so far, the stations the other passengers chose don't have that song

Aw crap it's in my head no! no! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Phew it stopped!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic