Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Son gives father Cheerios

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 5:11am
Well get some, dammit!!!!

Life is too short to deny yourself the simple pleasures.

And it's not like cereal is so bad for you....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 5:47am
It is when you eat 5 bowls of it just during Judge Judy.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 5:57am

You GO, girl!!!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
IceFroggyFrog View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceFroggyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 5:41pm
I just saw this ad and it makes me laugh. It sounds like the kid is talking utter gibberish, ending with the ridiculous "some o dat cholesterol offa you" line.

It's still annoying, though. So many ads show children waking their parents up at the break of dawn... I guess that's supposed to be cute? I don't have children but I HATE being woken up early. It doesn't stir warmheartedness in me.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 6:25pm
I used to love Saturday mornings.  The kids were little and they'd run in our bedroom and jump into bed.  We watched cartoons.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 6:52pm
You have to wonder why they never show black families in ads like this. It's because they would NOT tolerate their cutesy kids waking them at the butt-crack of dawn to eat cereal.

They should show this ad being done in the Mooch House back when we were younger. It would have played out something like this...

Li'l Mooch (whispering)- "Shhh! They're not awake yet!"

Mooch Sibling (whispering)- "Come on, let's do it."

Both girls walk to either side of their parents' bed.

Li'l Mooch (softly)- "Mom! Dad! Wake up."

Daddy Mooch snores like a team of chainsaws.

Mooch Sibling (a bit louder)- Mom! Dad! Wake up!

Both parents bolt upright in the bed.

Daddy Mooch (groggily)- What is it?

Mommy Mooch (groggily)- What time is it?

Li'l Mooch - Wake up. We need to get some cholesterol offa you. We don't want you to get sick again.

Mooch Sibling - Yeah, so we brought you some Cheerios! Have some!

Daddy Mooch glares at the two girls.

Daddy Mooch (angrily) - YOU WAKE ME UP AT 3:30 TO GIVE ME SOME CEREAL?! ME TOUGHT SOME TING HAPPEN THE WAY YOU COME IN HERE! I'M GONNA GIVE YOU ONE BIG TUMP IF YOU DON'T GET OUT OF HERE NOW!

During this tirade Li'l Mooch and Mooch Sibling run out of the room, dropping the Cheerios in the process.

Daddy Mooch - Get back here and clean up this mess! Then get back into bed! Me nah wanna hear one sound outta you!

Announcer - Cheerios has been known to lower cholesterol which prevents heart disease which is good because this guy needs all the energy he can get to whup his kids' asses. Cheerios - Good and good for you...but only during normal waking hours.

LOL
LOLLOLLOL
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 6:54pm
WHat pisses me off about this commercial is that day sitting up eating the cereal, thanking the kid and making a note about how early it is.

Zoom in on the alarm clock:  6:10 AM

EARLY????  Doesn't this bum have a job to commute to? 6:10, in my world, means "HOLY )(@@! - I'm going to be blanking late today."
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

WHat pisses me off about this commercial is that day sitting up eating the cereal, thanking the kid and making a note about how early it is.

Zoom in on the alarm clock:  6:10 AM

EARLY????  Doesn't this bum have a job to commute to? 6:10, in my world, means "HOLY )(@@! - I'm going to be blanking late today."

True, but it could have also been his day off or a weekend.
athomas917 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athomas917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

You have to wonder why they never show black families in ads like this. It's because they would NOT tolerate their cutesy kids waking them at the butt-crack of dawn to eat cereal.

They should show this ad being done in the Mooch House back when we were younger. It would have played out something like this...

Li'l Mooch (whispering)- "Shhh! They're not awake yet!"

Mooch Sibling (whispering)- "Come on, let's do it."

Both girls walk to either side of their parents' bed.

Li'l Mooch (softly)- "Mom! Dad! Wake up."

Daddy Mooch snores like a team of chainsaws.

Mooch Sibling (a bit louder)- Mom! Dad! Wake up!

Both parents bolt upright in the bed.

Daddy Mooch (groggily)- What is it?

Mommy Mooch (groggily)- What time is it?

Li'l Mooch - Wake up. We need to get some cholesterol offa you. We don't want you to get sick again.

Mooch Sibling - Yeah, so we brought you some Cheerios! Have some!

Daddy Mooch glares at the two girls.

Daddy Mooch (angrily) - YOU WAKE ME UP AT 3:30 TO GIVE ME SOME CEREAL?! ME TOUGHT SOME TING HAPPEN THE WAY YOU COME IN HERE! I'M GONNA GIVE YOU ONE BIG TUMP IF YOU DON'T GET OUT OF HERE NOW!

During this tirade Li'l Mooch and Mooch Sibling run out of the room, dropping the Cheerios in the process.

Daddy Mooch - Get back here and clean up this mess! Then get back into bed! Me nah wanna hear one sound outta you!

Announcer - Cheerios has been known to lower cholesterol which prevents heart disease which is good because this guy needs all the energy he can get to whup his kids' asses. Cheerios - Good and good for you...but only during normal waking hours.

LOL
LOLLOLLOL

Except most Black families don't talk like that (Me no wanna, ect).  Some of us are actually educated and have advanced degrees.  Just a lil tip Wink
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 11:52pm
Me nah care about political correctness, me tought it was funny!LOLLOLLOLLOL
DolFan 316 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DolFan 316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 1:08am
I honestly thought Mooch was talking about some Italian immigrant family when I read the post. It was so long I forgot all about her saying the family was supposed to be black, yo LOL

Not to mention all the stress caused by one's kids repeatedly waking one up at 4 AM or whatever. That can't be good for the ol' ticker...
My nickname's the assman, because everywhere I go people tell me, "You're an ass, man!"
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 1:27am
...Mooch not going to be happy....Angry
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 1:35am
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

...I can second that.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 2:12am
Hey.  Mooch's family is from Jamaica.  I can tell first hand and relate to the dialect.  My son is married to a girl from Jamaica.  I think the dialect is neat.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athomas917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 2:29am
Well, he did said Black family, not Jamaican. Maybe I missed something Stern%20Smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 2:33am
Dat was obviously sah-posed ta be ah Carribbean accent, mon!!!

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 2:35am
My reaction to the kid.... "What... ya couldn't fix up a sausage, egg & cheese muffin & hash browns, ya useless little sh*t???? Git outta here!!!"

C'mon, man!
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 7:02am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

...I can second that.

Wot ya mean...I mean, why?
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 7:59am
So Jamaicans don't consider themselves black? Mooch, did you hear that? You got it all wrong girl.
You aren't black!
Sounds like you are uneducated as well or so we've been led to believe.

erod550 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erod550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

It is when you eat 5 bowls of it just during Judge Judy.

I think you should be more concerned with the fact that you watch Judge Judy than with eating 5 bowls of cereal.  Reality TV causes cancer, haven't you heard?

And I understood the Jamaican accent in mooch's post.  It's a nice accent and fun to listen to.
allen_osuno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allen_osuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 9:12am

What little kid is going to know what cholesterol is, much less say that big of a word. "you have to get the cholesterol 'off-a-ya" (as if putting that little kiddie touch makes it any less staged by corporate ad writers)....it is just real believable that a little kid would have such detailed 'medical' knowledge to discern that oats  are supposed to (but don't really) help lower that big C word 'off-a-ya' . Now anybody knows that is just what a real little kid that age would do and say at 4 o'clock in the morning---right?

specialkt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 1:51pm
i think most kids read the back of boxes not the front anyway
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athomas917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by allen_osuno allen_osuno wrote:

What little kid is going to know what cholesterol is, much less say that big of a word. "you have to get the cholesterol 'off-a-ya" (as if putting that little kiddie touch makes it any less staged by corporate ad writers)....it is just real believable that a little kid would have such detailed 'medical' knowledge to discern that oats  are supposed to (but don't really) help lower that big C word 'off-a-ya' . Now anybody knows that is just what a real little kid that age would do and say at 4 o'clock in the morning---right?

I'm kind of curious how the kitchen looks.  We know how little kids can make a mess when doing things, even if just getting a bowl of cereal,  and SCREW cheerios!!  I remember as a kid that they never put prizes in their box.  I bet the kids were just trying to get rid of the last of the stuff so he could get some capn crunch,LOL
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 7:05pm
This really belongs in the List of Advertising Offenses, but since it occurs in the commercial, I'm going to come right out and say it.

I've noticed this in a lot of ads with 'oh so adorable" kids - especially right after they deliver the cutesy line.

They take their top lip, scrunch it up and then pull it down over their teeth as if they're excpecting a waterfall of snot to come cascading down. This kid does it when he's tlking to the father.

I've noticed  it in the Jimmy Dean commercial when the "Sun" man is making a skillet full of stuff and the daughter keeps asking WHY? WHY? And I caught it in a Welch's commercial when the kid puts a million glasses of juice around her bedroom.

Damn, I wish I had a video. And I wish to GOD these kids would knock it off.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 9:03pm
That last reply I saw made me want to make a parody about that commercial....

Little boy walks in his parents bedroom at 5 in the morning.

Little Boy-Wake up.

Dad-(groggily) What-what the hell is it?

Little Boy-Breakfast.

Dad-At 5 in the morning?

Little Boy-You hafta take some colestorol off-a you.

Dad-Look son, it's Saturday. I wanna sleep. Go back to bed.

Mom-Wha-what's going on?

Dad-Your damn son wants me to eat Cheerios right now.

Mom-Why now, can it wait?

Little Boy-I don't want daddy to die.

Dad-Yeah, but if you don't get out of my room, someone will die.

Little Boy-Who is it, daddy?

Dad-You.

Little boy leaves with the Cheerios still in dad's lap.

Mom-Honey, why the hell did you do that?

Dad-My dad did that to me when I was 4. Now I can dream about me and lesbians.

Mom-Lesbians.

Dad turns to his side and the Cheerios fall on the floor.

Dad-Well, you dream about Fabio every night.

Mom-Yeah, well who knocked over the Cheerios on the floor?

Dad-I did, but I'll clean that up in the morning.

Announcer-Cheerios, making people cranky since 1941!

Okay...it's not that good.
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic