Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

State Farm - "I'll be there" ad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Rooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: State Farm - "I'll be there" ad
    Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 11:56pm
So, the ad with the "I'll be there" song, and all the emotional imagery - Here is the link to it:

At the risk of offending the hallmark card kind of people... Wow, I hate this ad.  It is like shooting fish in a barrel.  Emotionally manipulative images that mean nothing and are just jumbled together in the hopes of making you cry and feel that State Farm is SOOO in touch with the suffering we all must endure...

I can't stand sap-fests like this.  And it irritates me that no one questions it, and no one is turned off by how clearly and obviously they are just trying to manipulate you.  It has the opposite effect on me.  It is cheap, and easy... on the level of using September 11th images or dying puppies or sick kids - all of which can be tolerated and forgiven if there is a justifiable cause, and a concrete, real tie-in to the service or organization they are trying to promote.    In this case, there really is no excuse.  A cop out and lame button pushing of viewers. 

Ok, rant over, for now.
Sponsored Links

specialkt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 1:49am
bet they wont be there when im stranded on the can without TP...lousy liars
Wayne Rooney View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Rooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 1:54am
Originally posted by specialkt specialkt wrote:

bet they wont be there when im stranded on the can without TP...lousy liars

No.  No they won't!  Good point.  Another reason to hate them!
LOT Tu-134 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOT Tu-134 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 2:06am
Where were they when I was playing that song in a continuous loop for 20 minutes with some 149 of my comrades on a freaking football field three years in a row (it feels like nothing, but it really is tiring, just standing still in one place without movement and playing a 10 lb brick like that (while it has to be aimed at a "proper angle" and such)?
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 2:15am

"You and I must make a .....PACK" ??  Uh....it's PACT.   But I suppose they wanted a true rhyme for "back"  Is that the original  Jacko version they'e playing? 

"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Rooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 2:17am
Originally posted by LOT Tu-134 LOT Tu-134 wrote:

Where were they when I was playing that song in a continuous loop for 20 minutes with some 149 of my comrades on a freaking football field three years in a row (it feels like nothing, but it really is tiring, just standing still in one place without movement and playing a 10 lb brick like that (while it has to be aimed at a "proper angle" and such)?

Yes, where were they??? The bastards!  ( sounds like toture, btw)
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Rooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 2:18am
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

"You and I must make a .....PACK" ??  Uh....it's PACT.   But I suppose they wanted a true rhyme for "back"  Is that the original  Jacko version they'e playing? 

I think it was.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic