Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Queen Bee-yotch Should Die!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Queen Bee-yotch Should Die!
    Posted: 07 May 2008 at 6:51am
Please forgive the rant, but I am so angry at the moment, I could simply spit live coals!

There is a woman, who shall herein remain nameless, who set herself up as queen bee of an upcoming arts festival.  She's in charge of artist selection and deciding who has contributed sufficient time and effort to the cause.  This twit concocted an application that included a set of restrictions designed to ensure that she will be the ONLY jewelry maker permitted on the premises.  Sooooooo, long story as short as I can make it:  I'm out of this year's festival.  I can't even APPLY based on her set of thou-shalt-nots. 

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG.  She deserves...the wrath of Sassypuss!

Love endures all.
Sponsored Links

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 11:24am
I think a confrontation is in order.Angry

aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 12:13pm
Yikes!!  Can she really get away with this?  I hate when ego gets in the way of things like this!  Sorry to hear what's going on and hope it gets sorted out in your favour!
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 12:47pm
That is downright rude and ugly.
These things have a way of coming back at the conspirators, o'FrienPup. If she IS the only one at the event, it will probably draw some raised eyebrows and question. I wouldn't be surprised to see some question drawn toward the 'only one in the crowd' oddity. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 1:03pm
I can never understand the pettiness that goes on in the art world! We have some real pains in the butt around here! This Woman can't be very sure about her talent if she can't show her work along with others. What a bitch!!!!AngryAngry
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 1:21pm
Take her down a notch and protest.
If that doesn't work, well there's always flaming bags of poop.
was feeling nostalgic
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

Take her down a notch and protest. 

That's what I was going to suggest. Get a group of others together who aren't going to be allowed to register & stand around the area with signs letting everyone know.

Or better yet, go to the local TV station & newspaper. 

They'd love to get ahold of a good local controversy like that.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 6:19pm
Is there an arts magazine or newsletter that people in that circle read?  How about a website?  I'd definitely let it be known how this bitch is excluding competition to ensure that she has a monopoly on jewelry sales at the festival.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 7:29pm
Agreed! LOL1955 - shout it from the rooftops if you can that this witch needs to be taken to task.

Hang a sign near her booth "For really ugly jewelry, look over there"
The artist formerly known as Madawee

LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 8:00pm
Thanks, youse guys. 

I'm feeling better this morning.  I am now beyond the anger; this woman is pitiful and I pray that someday, God will touch her heart with wisdom...either that, or send a lightning bolt straight up her tight ass.

I sent a strongly worded protest e-mail to her, and I cc'd it to EVERYONE involved in the festival.  It's a bridge burned, but it needed to be said.

Love endures all.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 8:42pm
I'm most glad that you cc'd it to everyone.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 9:47pm
You may have burned a bridge, but you did it with class!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 9:50pm
I think you did the proper thing.  Let everybody else see what an ass she's being.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:00am
* Hire homeless people to spread rumors that she's trying to pass off cheap import crap as high-end. 
* Have someone turn her in to the cops for fencing stolen merch at the art show.
* Have a small child rub his/her palm in poison ivy until it festers up, go up to her booth and grab a piece, and then scream in agony about getting cyanide burns from improperly plated jewelry.  The more dramatic, the better.
*  Get a lot of friends with dogs.  Let them know that her booth is the designated doggy-poo station at the show.
*  Help the  Queen Bee-yotch show off her apiary skills by placing a bee hive at the back of her booth.

Really now, you can have lots of fun with this.... LOL
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:47am
Set up another festival and make sure you use "LOL's" rules this time.Wink 
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 4:45pm
If she is not re-elected next year that will be a condemned bridge burned.
Next year you will be known as the lady who wanted things to be fair and honest.
You have my vote.
was feeling nostalgic
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 10:04pm
Hugs all around, guys, and thanks for all of the suggestions (many of which were simply inspired, I might say Thumbs%20Up).

Love endures all.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 1:04am
Have you received any replies?

LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 7:40am

I have, but not from her! 

Love endures all.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by LOL1955 LOL1955 wrote:

I have, but not from her! 

LOL  Ah, the queen is stewing!  Let's hope she's received some negativity from the other merchants!

shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 3:55pm
HA!
The queen started a fight and got her head handed to her.
Would her name be Mary per chance???
was feeling nostalgic
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic