Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old El Paso "Stand 'n Stuff" taco shells.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old El Paso "Stand 'n Stuff" taco shells.
    Posted: 30 May 2009 at 12:34am
Anyone seen the ad for these things yet?

Has anyone tried them yet?

I've had this hankerin' for tacos for awhile now, but I ain't about to waste my money on Taco Bell tacos.

One thing I've always hated about eating tacos is that you had to lay them down on their side, & of course, all the stuff spills out.

But as soon as I saw the picture in the commercial of that taco shell standing there on it's haunches all by itself, stuffed full of beef & cheese & whatnot, I said "I'm gettin me a box-o them & makin me some tacos!!!"

Great idea. Clap

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 1:00am
Don't eat tacos, but that is rather ingenious. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 1:44am
Big%20smile I LOVE Tacos!
This is a good idea, although I think I've long ago mastered eating them without spilling a thing.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 10:22pm
Be that as it may, Pa... look at how much more filling you can put in those things with that wider base.

Oh, man!!!! I'm just drooling over the thought of crunching into one of those things.... Tongue

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 11:40pm
You're right, ol'Mule - they have me thinking the same thing...such a simple modification that makes a significant difference - almost genius, eh?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 2:27am
I really like hard shell tacos.  They make absolutely no sense though when it comes to eating them.  The first bite, they shatter, then you have a glob of food on your hand.

Someone needs to come up with the M&M® of tacos.  "Goes in your mouth, not in your hand."

ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 1:57pm
We actually have taco holders and they work very well.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 6:14pm
I dislike hard shells for the very reason MM mentioned. The first bite, they crumble and then hamburger/etc. is on your plate.
Besides, with soft shells you can pack 'em full. Tongue If I ate tacos more often, I'd probably get one of those things Nathan mentioned.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

I really like hard shell tacos.  They make absolutely no sense though when it comes to eating them.  The first bite, they shatter, then you have a glob of food on your hand.

Someone needs to come up with the M&M® of tacos.  "Goes in your mouth, not in your hand."

I don't know if it's Old El Paso or some other company, but several years ago they came out with that very thing. A hard taco shell that you could bite into without it breaking into pieces.

Maybe these new stand up shells are made that way too.

What a glorious new day it would be.....

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by NathanAlexander NathanAlexander wrote:

We actually have taco holders and they work very well.

Too much hardware.

I wanna dig my tacos freestyle, dude!!!! Wink

C'mon, man!
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 8:27pm
I'm not much of a fan for Mexican Food, I find it always spicy.

But if I made a taco, I would have it with beef, cheddar-jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream, black beans, rice, corn, and cilantro.

Now that's a taco!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 1:55am
Jimbo, I just had these for the first time in my life on Saturday.  They come highly recommended.  At first I thought they were kinda, well, gimmicky...which they are.  And then of course, I'm like what kind of person gets all neurotic about a damn taco shell, we've been getting along just fine with the standard ones, right?  Well, gotta say...well done El Paso...well done.  Thumbs%20Up 

Now I want a taco.
ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 2:09am
Originally posted by britastar britastar wrote:

Jimbo, I just had these for the first time in my life on Saturday.  They come highly recommended.  At first I thought they were kinda, well, gimmicky...which they are.  And then of course, I'm like what kind of person gets all neurotic about a damn taco shell, we've been getting along just fine with the standard ones, right?  Well, gotta say...well done El Paso...well done.  Thumbs%20Up 

Now I want a taco.
Avatar<<<===Lookie who came home!!! YEAA!!!Big%20smile
Thanks for the opin, Brita - now I gotta go grab some - was really curious about the possibilities of them making a more full, easily more edible mexisammie!!!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 2:11am

Welcome home Brita! 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic