Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Answer this, please?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Fomerly Takeikin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Answer this, please?
    Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:34am
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090518180411AAsnGxb&r=w

If you have no Yahoo account, answer here.

I'm interested to know what people overall think of it.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:39am
Pretty cute there, Jack! Appropriate for some of today's computer-savvy youth (and plenty of adults). Hit me somewhat like "Ms. Manners On-line"
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 3:52am
I'd stomp on their toes.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 4:35am
There's nothing pleasant about going barefoot, except maybe on a nice thick carpet. 
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 11:50am
I don't like feet, so I generally look away immediately if I see them anywhere that is not a pool or beach.

Except babies.  They have carte blanche to go barefoot whenever they want.

P.S.  I love the "have a polite day" lady.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 12:39pm
I hate when people try on shoes without socks in stores! There are warts and fungal infections of the feet that are contageous.Dead Feet are smelly, gross and digusting! I agree with Holly, baby and child feet are sweet!Approve
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 1:10pm
Jack,

Was it the one question, or the section of YAHOO ("Answer this, Please") that caught your eye?

I bounced through a couple of questions asked there...

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:01pm
I was a lifeguard in my younger days and could walk on the hottest concrete all day long.  I had soles like leather.

Now, I can't even step on concrete without excruciating pain....

Ah, youth.
Jack View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Fomerly Takeikin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Jack,

Was it the one question, or the section of YAHOO ("Answer this, Please") that caught your eye?

I bounced through a couple of questions asked there...

I posted the question there. Just wanted to get outside attention to it. ;)
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:06pm

Hmmm...I get pedicures and always have polish on my toenails..I think they are acceptable to society...Wink

plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:16pm
Of all the places mentioned, parks(with grassy areas, or smooth concete surfaces) and beaches are the two where it makes the most sense to go barefoot.(I don't live near a beach, but I occasionally go barefoot on the grass at a nearby park.)
 Anywhere else, it just seems kind of weird/flakey/desperate for attention.  I wouldn't comment, unless maybe it was joking with somebody I knew.
I don't know why anybody would want to walk barefoot on the rougher concrete in a downtown area, especially in hot weather...unless they didn't care, because they'd done it before, and no longer had any feeling in their feet!

I don't see too many 'no shirt, no shoes, no service' signs any more, but, while a shirtless guy might occasionally be seen in a store, there are almost no barefoot customers. Nobody seems to be trying to 'prove a point' by getting kicked out for some dress code violation.

From my experience, there are those who like and hate feet just a bit too much.
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:55pm
The no shoes no shirt no service signs may still be in the stores and pubs that are right off of beach access areas...Wink
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

Feet are smelly, gross and digusting!

That can be true of any unattended body part.  LOL  Pedicures help keep your feetsas nice and neatsas.  They're relaxing too! 
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 10:13pm
I don't think bare feet would be a health concern at a restaurant, unless maybe the guy cooking my food.Dead If I happened to be eating somewhere, and someone came in bare footed( with the dirty soles), I'd probably loose my lunch.
As for the smell or gross looking feet, you'll see and smell the same even if they wore flip-flops. 
TWCFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWCFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 12:03am
If you include wearing flip-flops as being barefoot in public, it definitely is to many. People are not afraid to expose their feet to the public, even in 20-degree weather.
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 12:12am
I actually saw a lady in the P.O. this past March and she was wearing flip-flops.  Brrrrr!  And to top that off....I can tell you that Fred Flintstone has more attractive tootsies!  Confused  If you're going to expose body parts they need to be clean and nicely shaped/shaved/pummiced/deodorized/groomed.  Bill Maher says it best with his theory on tank tops:  "If you look like a tank....don't wear the TOP!"  Feet are like train-wrecks to me.  I have to look at them.   And no....I don't have a fetish! Embarrassed  LOL
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Cornholio View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornholio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 12:25am

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 12:43am
Thor,

Isn't it time to present an image???
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 1:04am
I wear sandals or flip-flops all the time, all year 'round.

And my feet aren't as pretty as they used to be, either.

I used to have some mighty sweet feet.

They're not bad now, but they're no spring chickens anymore, either.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 2:00am
Me?
If it is warm and there is mud, I'm barefoot. Otherwise Dressports or Sneakers. Will wear flops, but NOT those sandal 'shoes with holes'(Dead). Don't know what my feet look like other than very furry.
MissyDWolF? VERY sensitive about her own 'feetle appearance'. VERY picky (but NOT extravagant) about what she wears.
Others?
Generally could care less...except I never have liked the idea of being barefoot where food is served, unless at a beach bar. Seems logical to dress according to climate and appropriate for occasion; then, as long as odor doesn't play a part, then consider me an uncommon New Yorker - I rarely look down at people's feet.
90% of the time, I couldn't tell you if they even had feet.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 2:25am
I worked from home for 6 1/2 years.  I only wore flip flops in the warm weather and a very good pair of "sneakers" in cold weather.  I can't go totally barefoot anymore.."diabeeeetus" you see.

When I had to put on "dress" shoes to start working at an office in January, my feet rebelled.  I finally bought a pair of "Deer Stag" dress shoes...much better.  But as soon as I get home, they're off.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:53pm
I HATE feet! Feet are nasty. I don't want to look at them. I can't understand foot fetishes and people sucking on toes....ulp!...excuse me...

*puts hand over mouth and runs to bathroom and throws up violently*
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 8:35pm
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 8:38pm
There goes Mooch again!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 9:25pm
BM needs to use the word "caution" or "warning" before posting gross toes pictures. DeadThank goodness supper isn't for a couple more hours.

I don't have a foot fetish, but I do look whenever I hear that distinctive flip-flop sound.Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic