Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Potty Patch (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Potty Patch (video)
    Posted: 17 May 2009 at 3:31pm
JUST now saw this on T.V...during breakfast.
TOO MUCH DETAIL!
Here's the website - video is mid-page - enjoy!

Save your happy home! If the dog will not use it, maybe your drunk friends will.

Keep in mind if you order now, it is only TWO payments of $19.99! Shocked
Look at their competition...the 'Indoor Poo Patch' - today's special? $258.72 Confused

I'm thinking something smells mighty fishy (or, well...maybe -), here!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

BDCwriter View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDCwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 4:34pm
Wow, I was completely prepared for this to be a new product from the makers of Nicoderm CQ and Huggies Pull-Ups Wink.
IceFroggyFrog View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceFroggyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 9:31pm
Yes, "don't spend your money on dog walkers" because God-forbid your pooch actually get out and enjoy some excersize.
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 10:47pm
I am not a dog person...but...don't male doggies need to lift their legs to pee??  All those dogs shown "peeing" were seated.  Also...what about the poop?  How do you tell the dog to sit and pee and also try to poop so the stuff doesn't get embedded in the "turf".  Lastly...I love the one guy who's dog's name is SPOT.  How appropriate! LOL  This is truly a revolting product. I  cannot imagine cleaning it!  DeadDeadDead

"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 11:51pm
I was thinking this would work for old dogs that can't control their kidneys. But then, I'm not sure you could get old Fido to use it.
Yes, boy dogs cock their leg to pee, guess it'll take some "adjustments" to hit the target.Embarrassed
SuperGoatMan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGoatMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 1:59am

That cocker spaniel or whatever it was looked sort of big to be carried around under someone's arm like a stuffed animal Tongue

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 3:59am
If you have young children, they might piss on it instead of using the toilet. AngryCryDeadCryAngry
And it would begin to smell like dog shiit and/or dog wee after just a short time if you fail to empty & clean up the asinine thing.
AngryCryDeadCryAngry

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:06am
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

I am not a dog person...but...don't male doggies need to lift their legs to pee??  All those dogs shown "peeing" were seated.  Also...what about the poop?  How do you tell the dog to sit and pee and also try to poop so the stuff doesn't get embedded in the "turf".  Lastly...I love the one guy who's dog's name is SPOT.  How appropriate! LOL  This is truly a revolting product. I  cannot imagine cleaning it!  DeadDeadDead

Nah not all boys cock their legs. If you neuter them before that instinct kicks in (boy puppies squat) then they continue to squat since they don't have the urge to mark. My boys both squat, and it's great to know they aren't going to be marking the furniture.
Yiffy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 3:34pm
OH this is fantastic you can buy it and even put it outside ! WOW 

.. + .-- .- -. - + -.-. .... .. -.-. -.- . -. + .- -. -.. + -.-. .... .. -.-. .... .. ...

I want chicken and Chi-Chi's
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Yiffy Yiffy wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

Wow, this product is disgusting. And I can't even imagine what it's like to train an animal to use it. Obviously whoever came up with this piece of sh*t (no pun intended) has never actually seen a dog pee or poop - otherwise they would definitely know that it's a potentially long, drawn-out 'process' that involves finding the exactly perfect spot (and somehow I think that this potty patch thing will never be it).LOL
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Yutolia Yutolia wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

Wow, this product is disgusting. And I can't even imagine what it's like to train an animal to use it....
LOL No kidding! I'm thinkin' you hold 'Fido' over it while gently squeezing his lil' tummy (not unlike a catsup bottle) - then stick his nose in it.

(I'm certain HR knows about this famous M.I.T. invention...)

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 4:58pm
I hadn't seen that before.  Genius!
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 5:01pm
CryJust saw it again at breakfast, while having a mouth full of sausage gravy & biscuit...think I even quit chewing for a minute...it is really hard to swallow when what is on t.v. looks just like what is in your mouth. 
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 5:15pm

LOLLOLLOL

Wow, this product is disgusting. And I can't even imagine what it's like to train an animal to use it. Obviously whoever came up with this piece of sh*t (no pun intended) has never actually seen a dog pee or poop - otherwise they would definitely know that it's a potentially long, drawn-out 'process' that involves finding the exactly perfect spot (and somehow I think that this potty patch thing will never be it).LOL

Male dogs aren't exactly known for their marksmanship either and sometimes they'll change legs mid-pee and pee to the other side so you would need either a really big potty patch or two side by side.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
JasonTKD View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonTKD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 8:56pm

I don't know if these fake grass things work, but one of my dogs was trained with those "training pads" which kinda work the same way (there's supposed to be some kind of odor or something that attracts them to the pad when they have to "go"). He used it the first time it was laid down, and I didn't even have to do anything to show him that's where he was supposed to "go".

The grass thing could be useful, though. My step-dad had a shih-tsu who was so good about only going outisde that she wouldn't even go when he took her on his shrimp boat. He actually had to put a small area of grass down on the boat so she could do her business without  worrying about getting in trouble. LOL

Obviously whoever came up with this piece of sh*t (no pun intended) has never actually seen a dog pee or poop - otherwise they would definitely know that it's a potentially long, drawn-out 'process' that involves finding the exactly perfect spot (and somehow I think that this potty patch thing will never be it).LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Maledogs aren't exactly known for their marksmanship either and sometimes they'll change legs mid-pee and pee to the other side so you would need either a really big...
May have been more appropriate like that, D; we all play 'Shake 'N Spray", right?
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2009 at 6:48pm

Male dogs aren't exactly known for their marksmanship either and sometimes they'll change legs mid-pee and pee to the other side so you would need either a really big potty patch or two side by side.

The male dogs we had when I was growing up would definitely have stood right on this pee patch, lifted leg, and peed on the wall.
Hundreds of threads killed.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2009 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by ThreadKiller ThreadKiller wrote:

The male dogs we had when I was growing up would definitely have stood right on this pee patch, lifted leg, and peed on the wall.
LOL Now THAT was funny!
Happy Pappy's Day, TK! 
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2009 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Maledogs aren't exactly known for their marksmanship either and sometimes they'll change legs mid-pee and pee to the other side so you would need either a really big...
May have been more appropriate like that, D; we all play 'Shake 'N Spray", right?

3 hours into sleeping off a two 40 bender your accuracy is gonna suffer.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2009 at 8:15pm
This thread is covered with boy cooties.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2009 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

This thread is covered with boy cooties.

...okeydokey...what's under the 'RED X' there, Chief? 'Boy Cooties'?Wink
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2009 at 10:13pm
A can of cootie spray.

If you can't see it, make an imaginary spray can, the kssssssssssshhhh noise, and pretend-spray it all over yourself.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2009 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

A can of cootie spray.

If you can't see it, make an imaginary spray can, the kssssssssssshhhh noise, and pretend-spray it all over yourself.
No can do.
Looks like a can of 'AXE' spray. Can't have the likes of all ya wimmins a'crawlin' all over me.

MissyDWolf wouldn't approve.

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2009 at 10:35pm
Can't have this, now

FrauKruspe View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrauKruspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2009 at 2:38pm
My only question when I saw this ad was "How the HELL does one clean it?!?" Usually, products like these are hawked with the "Super easy to clean" idea. Maybe I missed it but I did not see much.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic