Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

iCarly movie: iGo to Japan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: iCarly movie: iGo to Japan
    Posted: 15 May 2009 at 12:41pm
Hey guys it's chibichan or..use to be. Apparently I can't get into my old account. But yeah..I'm back. Haha...Sort of. I'm sorry if this was already posted but I really needed to vent about this.

Anyway I have seen this movie when it was airing on Nick. And it angered me so much I wrote a letter to Nickelodeon. I know iCarly is for pure mindless entertainment but honestly the writers should've at least done their research instead of being ignorant and stereotypical. I actually watched only about half of it but still...

For one the bad guys were obviously asian. The shooting location was set in California and not Tokyo, Japan as they said they were supposed to be in. Would that be considered false advertising??

About most of the things considered "Japanese" was fake even the hotel room was just random Asian stuff thrown together. The two Japanese hosts for Carly and her friends were speaking in such a low and cruddy form of Japanese it didn't even sound like the language itself. And think one of Carly's friends. The girl was being a rude ignorant idiot..

In other words if they were actually planning in teaching their audiences a new culture in a positive light. They failed in every aspect. Also I'm not a fan of the show far from it I find the girl who plays Carly rude, snotty and a smart mouth.

You know maybe i'm just over-reacting about all of this...But even so I'll still be offended by that movie.

Sponsored Links

shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 1:23pm
chibi-nee chan (did I say that correctly?) I was just thinking about you yesterday.
I noticed you haven't been around.  That show IS about as mindless as it gets.  My kids love it so it is on frequently.  I hadn't realized that they were hyping the location, but has been a while since it originally aired so I may have forgotten.
Anyhow, welcome back!
was feeling nostalgic
momo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

chibi-nee chan (did I say that correctly?) I was just thinking about you yesterday.I noticed you haven't been around.  That show IS about as mindless as it gets.  My kids love it so it is on frequently.  I hadn't realized that they were hyping the location, but has been a while since it originally aired so I may have forgotten.Anyhow, welcome back!

Yes you did XD. And thanks!

Yeah apparently I remember them advertising on their commercials that Carly and her friends are going to Japan but recently when looking at the internet movie database website it says filming location is California....
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 3:15pm
I used to live in Japan, so it sounds like this would really piss me off. Thanks for warning me to avoid it! 
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 4:53pm
Oh my goodness, you don't know how much I hate this show! The girl who plays Carly isn't very attractive, her singing sucks and so does her "acting". She's always screaming her lines on the show, as if we're all hard of hearing. It also doesn't help that she has a screechy voice. Can some one please put a muzzle on her mouth and a brown paper bag over her head?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 1:09am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Oh my goodness, you don't know how much I hate this show! The girl who plays Carly isn't very attractive, her singing sucks and so does her "acting". She's always screaming her lines on the show, as if we're all hard of hearing. It also doesn't help that she has a screechy voice. Can some one please put a muzzle on her mouth and a brown paper bag over her head?

Carly's friend:  this is Carly, say hi Carly!

Carly with muzzle and a bag on her head

Carly: MPPPPH MPPPPPPHHH mumble mumble MPHHHHHHHH mpppphhhhh mphhhhhhhhhhh mumble mppppph mph mph

Carly's friend:Sorry she's not very talkative...

LOL 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Legoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 8:18pm
blehh i hate that show and yes that tv movie SUCKS the car they took a ride in isnt even a real car, the headlights are fake, and isnt japan cars steering wheel on the right side?
cant stand none of the actors, i actually liked drake and josh wayyy much more. this is just unexcusable
The Last Brain Left View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Last Brain Left Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 4:31am

I hope she doesn't go down the Amanda Bynes road...from cute to hot to skank....in less than 2 years. Confused
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill
LOT Tu-134 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOT Tu-134 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 6:38am
Well, I guess it's been said by the older of us many times here, Nick today is NOTHING like it was in the earlier days (1980s-late 1990s). It's just a bunch of crappy shows thrown together now. 
The Last Brain Left View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Last Brain Left Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by LOT Tu-134 LOT Tu-134 wrote:

Well, I guess it's been said by the older of us many times here, Nick today is NOTHING like it was in the earlier days (1980s-late 1990s). It's just a bunch of crappy shows thrown together now. 

You Can't Do That On Television.....Double Dare, etc.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill
sherrah012 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrah012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by The Last Brain Left The Last Brain Left wrote:

I hope she doesn't go down the Amanda Bynes road...from cute to hot to skank....in less than 2 years. Confused

What's so bad wrong with Amanda Bynes?  I haven't seen much from her in the past few years... I definitely don't see how she became a "skank".  I stumbled upon a Cosmo interview she did a few months back and she still seems rather wholesome.  No talk of getting out there and pulling a Britney/Paris/Lindsey.

But yeah... iCarly... the show does indeed suck.  The characters are beyond irritating, and Nick recycles their actors like crazy.  I've seen several actors on Drake and Josh, several Drake and Josh actors on other crap shows, etc.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 12:04am

I don't think she's attractive either! The same goes for unusual squished faced Selena Gomez from Disney. I don't get the entire premise of the show, two little girls have a "web show" and it's magically popular for doing ignorant things? Crap like that on youtube is a dime a dozen. Also, guess who's really watching little girl webshows on youtube? I'll give you a hint, it probably isn't her classmates like the show depicts.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic