Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Swine Flu - outbreak

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swine Flu - outbreak
    Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 8:48pm
Now I know what the freak I had for the last 2 weeks.  I just heard about the outbreak today.  Wish I had know this 2 weeks ago when the symptoms broke out April 8.  I could not figure out what it was or where I got it, but I think I narrowed it down where I got it...public bathroom.  So watch out folks...there is something nasty and it's coming from Mexico and going into California.....

plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 11:22pm
*@#$!

another thing to worry about.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 11:30pm
'Tis rolling into Texas, all the way to Dallas, also.
We've three (3) pups 'in the path', along with other relatives and MANY friends; I've been placing calls throughout the day...this is certainly something to learn about. Being that it is a 'swine' flu, it can be VERY serious - this kind actually scares me much more than any 'bird' flu - and I AM scared for our own and others.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 12:15am
They shouldn't let those pigs in the restroom...

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 12:34am
...wish I could take THIS ONE that lightly - I cannot.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 1:09am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

They shouldn't let those pigs in the restroom...

OH Hootman...you had me laughing at this....that's what I have felt like with all the diareahea you get with this flu...still getting the big D and cough 2 weeks later.

Yes Pa, having gone through it, it was not fun...so yes tell everyone to be careful!
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 2:01am
Sorry, Pa....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 3:20pm
Something inside me says;

1.) PAY CLOSE ATTENTION

2.) LEARN ALL YOU CAN

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 4:39pm
I'll toss this out for those that haven't added it to their 'Favorites-Reference/Health/<wherever> folder'.
I really hope you occasionally view the site...for your own good, if nothing else.

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 7:24pm
Hmmm, Mexico City - Population, approximately 25,000,000. 1000 Reported cases, 68 Fatalities.

Sounds like you have a better chance getting Struck by Lightning!
Poiuyt Power!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

Hmmm, Mexico City - Population, approximately 25,000,000. 1000 Reported cases, 68 Fatalities.

Sounds like you have a better chance getting Struck by Lightning!
ShockedTHAT is simply the very complacent and ignorant thinking that does nobody any good. 
Good Luck.
Maybe you will not feel any affect. 
deafdog View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deafdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 12:28am
Now that stuff is in New York City. 

New York City?  Get plenty of ropes.

Lessee, how did it get from Mejico, to CA, AZ,- and then in a couple days - wham!  The east coast.

Now I figure that stuff's been a incubatin' a few days, so it got in American last week sometime. 

How many will be dead by the end of the month.  I'll say - 1K.

Quarantine everybody coming from the flicted areas.

I have that disease where you wake up in strange places drunk
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 6:34pm
Being our 'International Lifestyle', we've got TAMIFLU stockpiled at home. It is good for five (5) years, but only effective once symptomatic - and no telling if it will be effective with this new strain. If you can find a channel to acquire the likes of TAMIFLU, keep that channel open to your family and all you know - it may come in handy for whatever the medical community provides in regard to this strain. Our channel is controlled through our own organization.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by deafdog deafdog wrote:

Now that stuff is in New York City. 

New York City?  Get plenty of ropes.

Lessee, how did it get from Mejico, to CA, AZ,- and then in a couple days - wham!  The east coast.

Now I figure that stuff's been a incubatin' a few days, so it got in American last week sometime. 

How many will be dead by the end of the month.  I'll say - 1K.

Quarantine everybody coming from the flicted areas.

Deafdog, in this age of international travel, infections can come from halfway around the world in a matter of hours. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 11:05pm
Very true words, Faith. One would think they shouldn't even need to be said, these days...
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 11:09pm
I agree, Pa. 

Meanwhile, this is starting to scare me, too.  Someone on CNN (someone in the government) said he expects there will be deaths in the US before this is over.

God help us.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 11:55pm
People die from the flu every year.  

Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 12:07am
It's the flu, not the genetically-engineered bug from Stephen King's The Stand. It will be a pain in the ass for some time, but it will not be the end of civilization as we know it.
So far, the only fatalities have been in the vicinity of Mexico City, which probably has as much to do with air pollution screwing up people's respiratory systems as it does with people having the flu. Nearly everyone in the US who has this flu, had just returned from Mexico, or been in contact with someone from there. Even  vacationing schoolkids from New Zealand came down with it. Since when do schools in New freaking Zealand organize trips to Mexico?
Gracias por nada, Mexico.

meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 1:02am
I was watching this on the news today and they were saying that it is in 5 states now and it could be a combination of 4 or more flu viruses.  They said that this years flu vaccine wouldn't protect you against it, but if you got a flu shot in past years it could possibly lessen the effects if you were to catch it....if one of those strains are involved.  I'm concerned because I travel so much and am in contact with many people from everywhere.  I was in Mexico City almost 2 weeks ago and the major concern was personal safety from drug cartels, not this pandemic.  It's frightening considering how fast it has spread.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 2:28am
meinga, have you considered changin professions?! Hug
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 2:45am
Wink  One of these days......
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 4:08am
Remember that the media is going to hype it up for all the sensationalism they can wring out of it.  Our FL TV stations go into live coverage panic mode over a rainstorm and fallen trees, so it's not unexpected for the national media to blow things out of proportion for ratings.  But if it turns into a zombie outbreak, then I'll worry.... Wink
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 5:12am
They confirmed that eight students at a local private school in Queens have the swine flu. They have closed the school for two days so they can give it a good scrubdown but I think that it's a little too late for that. The virus did not contain itself in the building. Those infected kids have obviously spread it around because they were interacting with other people before this hit the news. So that could mean that there are several other people here who are harboring the disease, which is lying dormant inside them for the moment. And these said individuals could have gone anywhere in the city.

Mooch afraid. Mooch very afraid.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 9:35pm
...a nice little Q & A

CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta, reporting outside a Mexico City hospital, says people can't get swine flu by eating pork. (LOL for some silly reason, that statement made me chuckle)

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 9:40pm
Some kid in a Catholic school in Fair Oaks (next town over from me) has been confirmed to have the Swine Flu.

Hmmm...I wonder if Kosher Jews are no longer Kosher if they come down with this.  Hmmmm...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic