Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ladies who lunch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ladies who lunch
    Posted: 03 May 2008 at 11:16pm
Hi Boys and girls! We have, in the past, discussed how angry we get when people allow their children to act up in restaurants, I agree, this really bugs me. I have witnessed another irritating trend just recently. The last couple of times I have been out to dinner there has been a table of 40 + year old women having a girls night out. They are LOUD, they CACKLE hysterically over every word spoken [and you can hear every damn word!] Most of them are half sh*t faced from their cocktails and don't simmer down until they start shoveling food in their faces!!! You get to hear about everything from birth control to menopause, I am not a party Pooper, but if you are going to get together in a space where other people are dining keep your damn voice down!!!!!
Sponsored Links

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 11:19pm
Amen, sista!  I agree!Thumbs%20Up

suenewtotx View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 11:44pm
I've heard them, too -- they act like they're born-again teenagers.  Some of these women wind up with a little freedom, like maybe the kids have left the nest so they don't have anyone to take care of & they're completely living for themselves, that they become completely obnoxious.Dead
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 12:13am
I hate these people too! I'm 15 years old and I don't act like that when I go out! (Maybe because I don't drink yet, but still.) It's ridiculously annoying. I'm so glad my mom doesn't do that.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 1:08am
There's so little decorum lately. Angry  I've seen this behavior in women my age and it really bugs me.  Nothing dignified about "tying one on" and staggering out of a restaurant.   This is a bit off topic but I think men do this too.  I was once enjoying a quiet dinner with my Mother in a restaurant on Cape Cod.   A whole group of male golfers (about 15 of 'em) came in and they'd already spent a LOT OF  time on the 19th hole.   Well they were GROSSLY loud and sat the whole time with their damn baseball hats on at the table.   Take your hats off you YAHOOS!  Angry
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 1:28am
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

There's so little decorum lately. Angry  I've seen this behavior in women my age and it really bugs me.  Nothing dignified about "tying one on" and staggering out of a restaurant.   This is a bit off topic but I think men do this too.  I was once enjoying a quiet dinner with my Mother in a restaurant on Cape Cod.   A whole group of male golfers (about 15 of 'em) came in and they'd already spent a LOT OF  time on the 19th hole.   Well they were GROSSLY loud and sat the whole time with their damn baseball hats on at the table.   Take your hats off you YAHOOS!  Angry

Men behaving badly?  Sure.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

I know exactly what you're talking about!  My husband once took me out to this very nice restaurant that was on a golf course.  Seated at the table next to us was this group of male golfers, all appearing to be in their 60s.  You could tell they'd had a few rounds & were pretty obnoxious, the way they were coming on to the waitress, who was probably in her early 20s -- young enough to be their granddaughter!  They weren't doing anything out of line, such as touching her or saying anything overtly sexual or using foul language, but their flirty behavior was pretty annoying & they were acting like a bunch of 20-something year-old bachelors.  I'd say she did a great job of keeping her composure, & hopefully she received a decent tip for putting up with them.Angry  
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 4:08pm
We find it annoying as well, but I attribute it to the high probability these are folk who really 'don't get out that often'; they're simply lacking in social graces...they're showing off 'their best' and drawing attention while simultaneously exposing themselves...I tend to feel sorry for them until my dinner is really interrupted. I have, and will continue to directly approach them; a touch of humiliation goes a LONG way.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 4:36pm
People act badly in large groups, as they become individually less responsible for their own behavior.  I'll bet few of these people would be acting like that by themselves.  Except maybe for those Red Hat Society ladies.  In their case, I think all that red and purple does something to their brains.

Isn't she happy?!!!

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 4:50pm
Years ago, our office used to go out occasionally to a restaurant/bar type place and if the ladies got rowdy, I'd tell the people that were staring at us that we worked for our competitor. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Except maybe for those Red Hat Society ladies.  In their case, I think all that red and purple does something to their brains.

Isn't she happy?!!!

She certainly seems to be in an altered state...
 "Timothy Leary's dead. No, no, no, no he's outside looking in"
('Legend of a Mind', Moody Blues)
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 5:03pm

People act badly in large groups, as they become individually less responsible for their own behavior.  I'll bet few of these people would be acting like that by themselves.  Except maybe for those Red Hat Society ladies.  In their case, I think all that red and purple does something to their brains.

Isn't she happy?!!!

I'm probably going to get into hot water here, but, those red hat ladies drive me up the Wall!!!! I have had many an outing ruined by these stampeding herds that seem to think that they're entitled to act like morons because they've reached a certain age!! It isn't cute, it isn't dignified, it's embarrassing.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 5:31pm

Isn't she happy?!!!

Say no more...
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 5:46pm
gahhhhhhhh!!
red mad hatters...run!!!!!

They frighten me
was feeling nostalgic
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

gahhhhhhhh!!
red mad hatters...run!!!!!

They frighten me

"I'm looking for my Shadow..."
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Say no more...

Oh, Lord!!  KILL HER!!!! 

From her home page:

Her life's work is to communicate - speak, write about and inspire the development of health, wealth, love and perfect self-expression in women especially and in leaders, executives, managers, employees and individuals regardless of gender. Her experience and research have convinced her that one can only be healthy if one is in total control of her or his Self and willing to live the truth that health is the integration and balancing of spiritual, mental, emotional and physical states of energy. Health (and dis-ease states) occur in people, organizations, systems, government and nations.

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 9:25pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

LOLNow, now, Big Momma!LOL
Want more?...I think this person is REAL...
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 2:50am
Red Hat ladies can be so polite and nice though.
My mom and I went to Myrtle Beach and we went to this dinner show thing that was rodeo-themed. Apparently there was a red hat lady reunion thing. There were hundreds.
Some ladies wore purple hats and red outfits, so I asked why and they said on their birthdays they go opposite. They were cool.

Some can be loud and obnoxious though. xP
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

Red Hat ladies can be so polite and nice though.
My mom and I went to Myrtle Beach and we went to this dinner show thing that was rodeo-themed. Apparently there was a red hat lady reunion thing. There were hundreds.
Some ladies wore purple hats and red outfits, so I asked why and they said on their birthdays they go opposite. They were cool.

Some can be loud and obnoxious though. xP

I'm sure there are some who behave with maturity & dignity, but most of the ones who I've seen are downright obnoxious, as if they're making sure everyone within miles hears they've arrived.  It's RHGW or Red Hatters Gone Wild.Shocked 

Out of curiosity over the Red Hat phenomenon, I checked out some of their websites.  There were photo galleries of Red Hat Conventions & some of the stuff I saw blew me away.  These women were flaunting their freedom, as if they'd been released from a lengthy prison sentence or they were hens who'd been kept in the coop for too long & were finally let out.  Some of them were dressed in outlandish, sexy clothing, some of it which belongs in the bedroom.  And, believe me, you wouldn't want to see these women cavorting around like that.Dead

The names of their chapters are rather risque -- I can't remember many of them, but one that I recall is "The Red-Hot Hotties."  I've often wondered if the red hat & purple dress are supposed to represent sexuality & liberation for these old biddies -- red to represent the vagina & purple to represent the penis, with red (female) being the hat color because it's on top of their heads dominating the purple (penis) dress.Wink

And they all try to outdo each other in the loudness department, as if it's a contest to see who can be the most obnoxious.  My mother was a Red Hatter for a few years.  I've been out with her & some of her friends, who were also Red Hatters, & they'd get pretty loud.  In fact, they were the loudest ones in the entire restaurant with the way they were cackling away!Cry   

Here's what I don't understand about the Red Hat Society.  It's supposed to be all about having a sense of individuality & freedom, yet you must adhere to their rules about how you dress, among other things.  Having to wear a red hat & purple dress, to me, seems more like a uniform.  How can you be expressing yourself when you have to dress just like everyone else?  I don't get it.Confused
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by suenewtotx suenewtotx wrote:

Here's what I don't understand about the Red Hat Society.  It's supposed to be all about having a sense of individuality & freedom, yet you must adhere to their rules about how you dress, among other things.  Having to wear a red hat & purple dress, to me, seems more like a uniform.  How can you be expressing yourself when you have to dress just like everyone else?  I don't get it.Confused

Red Hat fun is red hot fascist!!

LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 4:55pm

For those who wonder:

Warning - When I Am an Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple

By Jenny Joseph

When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple

with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.

And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves

and satin candles, and say we've no money for butter.

I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired

and gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells

and run my stick along the public railings

and make up for the sobriety of my youth.

I shall go out in my slippers in the rain

and pick the flowers in other people's gardens

and learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat

and eat three pounds of sausages at a go

or only bread and pickles for a week

and hoard pens and pencils and beer nuts and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry

and pay our rent and not swear in the street

and set a good example for the children.

We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?

So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised

When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

Love endures all.
J.R. View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 5:45pm
Speaking of lunch, I'm hungry. Let's eat.
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 6:09pm
I here tell that one group ate chillun under a full moon!
It's da troof!
was feeling nostalgic
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic