Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

L'Oreal Visible Lift commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L'Oreal Visible Lift commercial
    Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 3:05am
I never heard of Linda Evangelista before I did a little research on this ad, but apparently she's some kind of (yuck) fashion model.

I hate fashion models!!!!

But this gal's mug scares the livin crap out of me everytme I see this ad.

What I really hate is that friggin robo-hairdo she's sportin. Shocked

Which is unusual, because I usually like really short hair on girls, but this thing is just plain frightening!!!!

I guess she's supposed to be "beautiful" or something, but personally, I don't see it. To me she just looks odd & disturbing.

And the ad is annoying too. So, she's 43. What she fails to mention is that she's probably had thousands of dollars worth of surgery, skin peels, & is wearing a ton of makeup, not to mention the soft lighting & digital enhancements

Anyway, here's a link to the ad. It's not on YouTube, but it is on the company website, so enjoy, horror fans!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 4:04am
Hate the hairdo(n't)!!  And her face reminds me of Norma Desmond.  One more eyebrow lift and Linda E. will be sporting a goatee!! Tongue  Big%20smile

"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 4:37am
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

One more eyebrow lift and Linda E. will be sporting a goatee!! Tongue  Big%20smile

LOLLOLLOL 

Or maybe a "Van Dyke".

That's an old joke, but still funny!!!

And what's up with those flared nostrils?????????

Wonder how much those cost her.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 12:14pm

She was considered a "super model" back in the 80s and 90s, she was often pictured in Vogue magazine.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 12:24pm
LOL
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

Hate the hairdo(n't)!!  And her face reminds me of Norma Desmond.  One more eyebrow lift and Linda E. will be sporting a goatee!! Tongue  Big%20smile

Angry It is MUCH, MUCH too early in the morning for this!!! I'm  trying to catch a bus and now I have to clean the keyboard and monitor...and you gifted me an instant two-minute stress-tension headache...LOL
(I'm pushing my eyeballs back into their sockets...)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 1:14pm
She was an extremely successful supermodel. 

The running joke was that her nose had a rather phallic quality.  Tee-hee! 

It still does.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 2:23pm
OMG!!!! I thought I was just a perv for noticing that!!!! LOLLOLLOL

Thank you for mentioning it.

Now I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one who thinks her nose looks like a schlong. LOLLOLLOL

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 2:29pm
Actually, her entire face looks like someone took her by the top of her scalp then pulled her skin up into a bunch & stapled it to her skull.

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 7:25pm
she looks weird.

Like some bad girl villain from the early to mid 90's. Confused

OR an image of the Hollywood's version of what a woman would look like from the far future from the 80's or 90's.

Her nose definately has a phallic quality, odd. Dead
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 9:51pm

she's got that old Vanilla Ice hairdo....! 

on the website she looks updated...

plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 9:59pm
I guess it's supposed to make her look "sassy".

More like "silly".

C'mon, man!
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I guess it's supposed to make her look "sassy".

More like "silly".

Or possibly even "stupid". I hate fashion models, too. They creep me the f*ck out.
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 10:39pm

Now I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one who thinks her nose looks like a schlong. LOLLOLLOL

And I thought maybe you were seeing her nostrils as mini-virginias.  'Cuz, y'know, that's probably the right size for you.  That's what your neighbors tell me, anyway.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 10:40pm
Anyway, that woman looks like a she-male.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

And I thought maybe you were seeing her nostrils as mini-virginias.  'Cuz, y'know, that's probably the right size for you.  That's what your neighbors tell me, anyway.

And how exactly would they know? 

I've never stood outside in my yard waving my dick at them.

C'mon, man!
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 10:54pm
Yeah, I noticed that too. I think she just looks like a better version of Brigitte Nielsen.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 7:23am

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

And how exactly would they know? 

I've never stood outside in my yard waving my dick at them.

I asked them to spy on you.

My 72 y/o neighbor Kirk likes to moon me.  Sometimes, he flashes me.  Pretty funny guy, actually.

Another neighbor-friend likes to take craps in my downstairs toilet, and then leave it there for me to deal with. 

I don't know why I attract such horrible people.  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 7:24am
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that too. I think she just looks like a better version of Brigitte Nielsen.

...who's just a bigger version of Susan Powter.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 7:29am
Another model whose "beauty" I never saw is Isabella Rosselini.  Reminds me of Olive Oyl.  And kinda manly.

A friend of mine used to have the hots for Veruschka.  She was beautiful, but, of course, tall.  At 5'8", I don't want to have to look up at a woman. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 11:09am
Unless of course you're "doin the wild thang" with you on the bottom & her on top.

In that instance, looking up at a woman is not bad at all.

Or if she's "takin' a moustache ride".

That's OK too.

C'mon, man!
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 1:07pm
At first glance, she looks like a drag queen.
Second glance, disturbing.
was feeling nostalgic
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 1:17pm
It's the hair.

Makes her appear dude-like.

C'mon, man!
FrauKruspe View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrauKruspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 2:11pm
Hell, they couldn't have picked a better person to advertise a product called "Visible Lift" As someone mentioned before, it looks like someone has pulled her face up. I am sure they did and it cost a pretty penny as well. Very visible indeed...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 2:29pm

Unless of course you're "doin the wild thang" with you on the bottom & her on top.

In that instance, looking up at a woman is not bad at all.

Or if she's "takin' a moustache ride".

That's OK too.

Or, if she's standing over me with a whip, demanding I lick her boots.  But of course, that goes without saying.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by FrauKruspe FrauKruspe wrote:

Hell, they couldn't have picked a better person to advertise a product called "Visible Lift" As someone mentioned before, it looks like someone has pulled her face up. I am sure they did and it cost a pretty penny as well. Very visible indeed...

Another one they do that (or something) to, is Raquel Welch.  I don't remember what her current commercial's for, but hell...she's gotta be about 70, but looks to be about 45.

Celebs might start out better-looking than the average person---but that does NOT mean they have some sort of genetic makeup that prevents them from aging.  Unless smoke and mirrors are genetic.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic