Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kia Soul Hamsters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kia Soul Hamsters
    Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 6:29am

This one is a longer version with a different song then the one I see all the time, but I just love it! I'm likely just bias because I love hamsters, breed them occasionally, and been a hamster expert on allexperts.com since 01, but it's too cute. Ibiza approves! (I'll insert a picture of her once I find one)
Sponsored Links

emrys927 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Rest in Peace

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emrys927 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 1:48pm
I saw this one for the first time this morning...TOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!  This one is great!

I was so glad to see that they didn't deck the hammies out in clothes of some sort...like the latest gangsta rappa wear.   I HATE it when advertisers do that.
A woman is like tea bag. You never know how strong she'll get until she's in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 11:10pm
I thought it was quite clever and funny for a car commercial. Two thumbs upThumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2009 at 5:28am
This commercial rocks!  Gotta love those aminals being used!
rickhamilton620 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickhamilton620 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2009 at 8:23am
Love this ad! Very Nice :D
booboo12 on NBR :D ;)
Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2009 at 3:48pm
Not a comment on the commercial but the product:

Isn't this the exact same vehicle as the Scion?
emrys927 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Rest in Peace

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emrys927 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2009 at 4:51pm
Sorta....but a Kia instead of a Toyota.
A woman is like tea bag. You never know how strong she'll get until she's in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 12:41am
I love Hamsters too, had them as well...too bad their lifespan is only 3 years....commercial was so cute!  I remember when I took Advertising and Design and one of the projects was a billboard and I designed one for Pet Food - Rascal Dog food...the teacher bagged on me for using animals..he said animals and children don't do commericals well...he was an idiot to tell me that....Most of the best ones have kids or animals...he designed the Head Shampoo bottle and label...remember that shampoo folks...?
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 1:33am
They did the unthinkable to this ad, they changed the music,now the music sucks

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 6:21am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

They did the unthinkable to this ad, they changed the music,now the music sucks

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cry

I've seen about 4 different songs used. I only like 2 of the songs, the other 2 are a bit sucky.
emrys927 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Rest in Peace

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emrys927 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 5:07pm
I've only ever seen the one and now I rarely even see that one any longer.  Guess I'm going to have to keep a check on YouTube to see what they're like.
Glitch View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 1:34am
Not to be a little off-subject, but even though I don't like Korean cars, I do think that the 2010 Soul looks tight though - kinda like a cheap Scion.  Now that's one Kia that I wouldn't mind buying at all, especially when my '01 Saturn quits on me a few years down the road (even though Kias are known to rust easily). Tongue
Mankind is divided into two classes: those who earn their living by the sweat of their brow, and those who sell them handkerchiefs, cold drinks, and electric fans.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 1:42am
Nope...just can't see it - too unrealistic.
No sef-'spectin' gangsta hampsta would be caught dead (well - that might be the ONLY way) in one o'dem...too little and not enough chrome.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ToxicShock View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToxicShock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 7:01pm
I think this commercial is dumb as f**k.

However, I respect the fact that they used CGI animals instead of real ones. So props to Kia for that.
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 8:56pm

It would def be hard for the Animal Handler on set to control that many Hampsters...lmao.....they are cute as heck though....!

plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
a3b3i View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a3b3i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 7:21pm
They should have kept the first song they used. Anyway. I love the hamsters. They are sooo cute.
ThatOneAdWhere... View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatOneAdWhere... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 10:45pm
I think these commercials are cute and clever.  
DolFan 316 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DolFan 316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 1:56am
Meh. The song in the vid is just too "urban contemporary" for me. I actually liked the song change, or at least that sample of it.

I never see this ad anymore though, probably because it didn't suck enough and ads today *must* be horrible.
My nickname's the assman, because everywhere I go people tell me, "You're an ass, man!"
Teh Blinx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teh Blinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 5:25am
I'll admit...the first time I saw this, I was pretty much thinking, "WTF???"
It's actually kinda grown on me since then...go figure.
Just cracks me up, though...to think that, as ludicrous as this ad might seem, it was probably planned out and tested very carefully by a board of executives...
I can just picture a bunch of guys in suits/ties sitting at a conference table, and one says in a very serious voice, "So, I was thinking...maybe we could put several large hamsters in the car, shakin' their booties to hip-hop."
LOL
There's someone in my head
but it's not m e . . .

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic