Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mastercard 7 year old "making his dad a better man
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mastercard 7 year old "making his dad a better man

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HomesickTexan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mastercard 7 year old "making his dad a better man
    Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 3:55am

I hate this commercial. The dad goes around doing normal old "evil" things that evidently make him a lesser man, and his punk ass little kid follows him around giving him puppy dog eyes and making him put back the incandescent bulbs, buy a cloth grocery bag, turn off the water. At the end they say "making your father a better man: priceless". A better man? Really? What does a 7 year old know about being a "good man"? Jack sh*t that's what. All he knows is what he learned when his teacher made them watch Al Gore's movie in class. You want me to buy a $5 light bulb little brat? Get a job and pay for it.
Sponsored Links

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 4:09am
Oh, Thor and Irishman:  Your new little friend wants to play with you. LOL
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 4:10am
11 years later:  The kid expects to get a brand new car for graduation, but now that dad is "better" educated on the environment, he tells the brat to get a job and buy an eco-friendly bicycle or hemp sandals....

Getting revenge on your pretentious offspring:  Priceless
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 4:23am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

11 years later:  The kid expects to get a brand new car for graduation, but now that dad is "better" educated on the environment, he tells the brat to get a job and buy an eco-friendly bicycle or hemp sandals....

Getting revenge on your pretentious offspring:  Priceless

THAT would be excellent!LOL

I hate the kids voice in this ad it's grating!Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 4:35am
I'm getting so tired of the guilt trip these commercials try and send you on. I hate the little kid acting like everything his father does makes him a horrible person, and I also hate the way the cashier does this sly little smile, like she's so full of pride the guy's kid is acting "grown up". 
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 4:47am
The kids only 7 pshaw what a cakewalk,wait until his 20 and how challenging life can be,just wait juuuuuuuust wait.Wink
flynnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flynnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 5:23pm
Seems like more and more and more commercials are using the old "guilt trip" routine to push the product.
emrys927 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Rest in Peace

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emrys927 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 6:46pm
No kidding.  Has anyone else here ever had one of those damned CFL lamps last more than a month?  I bought a package of 9 for $15 at one of those wholesale warehouses and none of them lasted longer than 30 days! 

I'm likewise sick of the GREEN GUILT TRIP!  It's already been proven that there's nothing we can do to reverse the current environmental course.  According to a friend of mine (a geologist) the earth recreates herself around every 50,000 years or so.  We're overdue.
A woman is like tea bag. You never know how strong she'll get until she's in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 8:26pm
WHen the earth recreates itself, I hope it takes a god long look at the gene pool and starts to weed out a few! LOL
The artist formerly known as Madawee

flynnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flynnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 9:27pm
So true! To quote (not verbatim) one of the greatest comedians ever (Carlin): The earth will shake us off like a bad case of fleas.
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by emrys927 emrys927 wrote:

No kidding.  Has anyone else here ever had one of those damned CFL lamps last more than a month?  I bought a package of 9 for $15 at one of those wholesale warehouses and none of them lasted longer than 30 days! 

I'm likewise sick of the GREEN GUILT TRIP!  It's already been proven that there's nothing we can do to reverse the current environmental course.  According to a friend of mine (a geologist) the earth recreates herself around every 50,000 years or so.  We're overdue.

Imagine what would happen if they 'greened the environment' by shutting down the electric lights, generators, cameras, etc., they run all day making all those 'please conserve energy and save the Earth, or you're EEEEEEEVILLLLLL!' commercials!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by flynnie flynnie wrote:

So true! To quote (not verbatim) one of the greatest comedians ever (Carlin): The earth will shake us off like a bad case of fleas.

Thumbs%20Up One of my all time favorites!

"Save the earth? Are you F**cking crazy? We can't even save ourselves"  (George Carlin).

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 10:32pm

Actually, I've had CFLs in my bathrooms and the fixtures they will fit into for over a year, and none of them has burned out yet. 

I'm not crazy about the light from them, but they haven't burned out!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Actually, I've had CFLs in my bathrooms and the fixtures they will fit into for over a year, and none of them has burned out yet. 

I'm not crazy about the light from them, but they haven't burned out!

These?

I have them in almost every light here, but I like the light they put off. And yes, I haven't replaced the first one yet.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 10:57pm
I have one of those and it hasn't burnt out yet. 
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 11:06pm
Censored hate this Censored ad!!!! I'll bet this presumptuous little moron was at the cupcake party in the no stick spray ad.AngryAngryAngry
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 11:36pm
I agree it's just like that obnoxious little bitch in the hybrid ford explorer commercial. The kid should get a good swift boot in his pretentious ass.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
emrys927 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Rest in Peace

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emrys927 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 12:43am
I guess I must've gotten hold of a bad batch or something.  I did like the quality of light they put off...it was more golden like incandescent, but they just would not last.

OH!  And what's funny about those GREEN grocery bags...you spend the money on the damn things and the stores don't want to let you carry them in around here.  They're so afraid you'll steal them blind!
A woman is like tea bag. You never know how strong she'll get until she's in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 2:41am
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

Censored hate this Censored ad!!!! I'll bet this presumptuous little moron was at the cupcake party in the no stick spray ad.AngryAngryAngry

Why, Momma, I don't ever remember seeing you this mad (except for the political threads)!

Hug
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 3:21am
I really have a problem with disrespectful, bratty kids!
emrys927 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Rest in Peace

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emrys927 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 3:28am
You ain't the only one!  I'd like to plant one of my old steel-toed boots up his little ass and tell him we'll get all that sh*t when he gets a job and can help pay the extra money all that sh*t costs....along with his share of the mortgage, utilities and food if he doesn't want to live in the back yard.  Let him rough it without the AC/heat or television back there for a while and I bet his little tune would change really quick.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 4:20am
ARGH!!!! The little sh*t sandwich showed up on my damn screen again, with his stupid "cutesy" voice. ShuDDUP kid SHUDDUP!!!!!!!!!!!

why do the f**king advertisers have to take THE ANNOYING WAY when it even comes to the environment? WAIT WTF does this have to do with credit cards anyway? the glass was free, the bag probably didn't need a credit card, and neither did the lightbulb WTF Mastercard WTF????

I will now HATE Mastercard for this abomination of an ad, this kid knows next to nothing about life,and he's suddenly an expert on the environment,WTFF does he think he is? a damn scientist? Angry
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 4:03pm
I heard, more than saw, this commercial this morning. I was slicing a tomato and almost squeezed the guts out all over my counter. That is one kid just begging for my backhand.

flynnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flynnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 4:49pm
Ditto !!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 1:57am

No kidding.  Has anyone else here ever had one of those damned CFL lamps last more than a month?...
Bought two at Home Depot about six years ago (at about $5 each, if I remember right).
They both are still in operation.
In regard to the kid...oldest son (now in AfgyLand) was like that, simply by nature...it never bugged me that much - until, once he was of age, decided he would save me from my Molson's Ice (by drinking it)...Confused Eventually, it worked. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic