Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My new car!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2009 at 11:52pm
Not convertible related, yet wonder if Thor ever visited this guy's "Woodie" collection. It's in LA.

Nice stuff.
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009 at 12:54am
I used to have a "woodie" collection....alas it has depleted...Evil%20Smile
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Not convertible related, yet wonder if Thor ever visited this guy's "Woodie" collection. It's in LA.

Nice stuff.

Wow.  Those are great.  I have a woodie for each and every one of those.  But, alas.  I've never been there (only been to LA a few times).

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009 at 2:35am
Ah yes.... the obligatory double-entendres regarding the word "woodie".

I'm so glad you guys did it & saved me from having to.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009 at 3:19pm
Double-entendres.

I was in my garage yesterday, reinstalling the cat door, and was having trouble finding the receptor end for one of the screws, as it was situated loosely within the actual door.  The 8 y/o neighbor girl came over and asked what I was doing.  Not thinking, I began explaining to her, using the "male/female" euphemism for the hardware.  She asked why they were called male and female. 

I told her to go in the house and help herself to a cookie from the refrigerator.  That seemed to suffice.  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009 at 3:28pm
Back to cars.

Went to the Chrysler-Dodge dealership yesterday for a part, and looked at a few of the new Challengers.  Damned beautiful.  The R/T was $41,000.  The SR/T was like $13,000 more.  Still, much cheaper than last year when they were selling for $80,000.  A salesman told me that when they were $80,000, some woman came in and bought two of 'em!

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009 at 6:32pm
Some damned nice & rare cars go through this auction. It's on HD Theater channel on weekends........Mecum Auctions.
Some YouTubes on it.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009 at 7:43pm
I always thought that they should make sports cars with dual transmissions.

A torque converter and automatic coupled to a 4 or 5 speed.

When you're just driving to work.  You slap the stick in high gear and use the automatic.
On the weekends you lock up the automatic and use the clutch and manual tranny.

Sure it would be more expensive, but well worth it.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009 at 9:00pm
Or this. Keep it to the left for daily duties and to the right for fun. Notice you pull down as so you don't knock it into neutral.Shocked
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2009 at 2:44am
Mecum is a great auction.
HD earns it's merit on programs like these.

You can count the sparkles on the rims.
I like to watch with my son and we bid between us.
It's fun to see how badly we would be outbid if we were there.

Some deals surprise me at how inexpensive they are sold for.
was feeling nostalgic
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2009 at 11:29pm
Here's your road, Shad - top-down. Full-throttle. Put the fam in the 'Stang - with parachutes on each - and, well...seatbelts are NOT 'optional'. This bridge is often ABOVE the clouds; over 1000 feet above the ground. 

Look at the 'photo gallery'.

This bridge is NOT straight, on purpose - for drivers' safety. It is also not level for the very same reason...psychological effects were considered in design and construction.

I've this shot much more 'close-up' (too large); cannot load it here. Simply terrifying. I want to bungi-jump it, from the middle.

Anybody want the 'big pic', PM me with your email address; it is 'wall-worthy'.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2009 at 12:06am
To get across that bridge really quick like, Tim (Tool Time Taylor) Allen's F100 truck.

ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2009 at 4:37am
Must jump in on a car thread!!!

First...Shadow, big congrats on the new car!!! Sweeeeeeet. Some friendly advice...try some Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 liquid polish on it. Makes dark colored cars look like a wet mirror.

I've only ever ridden in a couple Mustangs. A couple years ago, my brother bought a restored '69 (I think) Mustang coupe off of eBay, from someone in Georgia. Clean car but an ugly dark green. Didn't look like anything special--until you popped the hood. The rebuilder/seller was a lifelong Ford dealership mechanic and Mustang nut, and he'd crammed a late '60s or early '70s Ford police interceptor engine in it. That car could move. Never traveled so fast in a car, not even my brother's old 66 Vette.

Talking auctions, catch Barrett-Jackson from Arizona on SpeedHD, I think it's late Jan/early Feb. SpeedHD shows reruns all year long though. I like Mecum too, but B-J is tops. When the live auction is on, it runs four days, and in the Saturday session the cars frequently are in the high 6 figures, occasionally 7 figures.

Re. convertibles, my dad had one of these, same exact car, when I was about five (we weren't that well off--he bought it used):

Hundreds of threads killed.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2009 at 7:31am
Originally posted by ThreadKiller ThreadKiller wrote:

Re. convertibles, my dad had one of these, same exact car, when I was about five (we weren't that well off--he bought it used):

My dearly-departed Uncle had one of those! Loved that car; actually could climb up under the hood and sit down on the fan cowling (hint: disconnect the battery!), while working on the engine. Spark plug at back, driver-side, was almost impossible to replace (very hard to get at).

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 12:17am
Thanks again

Thread Killer (great name btw, I have used it in the past) I have looked into Meguiar's and Have d/l their recommendations for what to use on my car.  They have a great interactive questionnaire that details what your needs are.

I plan on visiting my local autozone to see what they carry.  Their seems to be a slew of product for each part.  I picked up some black touchup paint from ford.  There was a tiny amount of wear that needed a touch up when I bought the car.
was feeling nostalgic
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 1:25am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

When I was in jr. high school, a kid brought in a hot rod magazine that had a picture of car that was half Mustang & half Camaro. I forget which half was which, but they had taken the front half of one car & stuck it to the rear half of the other. I think was a Mustang front & a Camaro rear. Called it a Chevstang or something like that.

Of course, it was so many years ago, it may have just been an illustration. I don't know if that's even possible to do.

A '57(front)/'58(middle) & '59(tail) Chevy.Tongue
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 1:59am
Tiz, I have had those very pics on my computer for ages.
It is even on my phone.  I LOVE the lines and color.
I told the mrs. that someday I will afford one, but I doubt it.
It is definitely in my all time top ten.
was feeling nostalgic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic