Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - LandOLakes:women trying to make butter spreadable
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LandOLakes:women trying to make butter spreadable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LandOLakes:women trying to make butter spreadable
    Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 10:50pm

http://www.landolakes.com/products/spreadable-butter-with-canola-oil-commercial.cfm

This commercial features various women trying to make butter spreadable through various stupid ways. The link I have above provides a video so you can see it. I hate this ad!Angry

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 11:23pm
LandOLakes stuff is so gross! Dead
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 11:24pm
OMG! That last woman they show is one of those horrible people from the HFCS commercials!DeadDeadDead
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Kajeet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kajeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Yutolia Yutolia wrote:

OMG! That last woman they show is one of those horrible people from the HFCS commercials!DeadDeadDead
I think this is the video you are talking about.                                                                                                                                  
"If we don't watch the commercials it's like were stealing tv"- Homer Simpson
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 11:42pm
Yep, that's exactly the one. Something about her eyes makes her look like she's possessed!
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 12:17am

Is she also the woman in that LG commercial....the one with the little boy with the hat?
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 1:18am
First time I saw this commercial I started laughing--don't they have a microwave?
Revolennon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolennon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 1:18am
The whole time I'm thinking 'why don't you just put it in the microwave, you dip!!' 
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 2:46am
Microwave, I was thinking the same thing!!

GMTA!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
emrys927 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Rest in Peace

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emrys927 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 3:13am

Yep, that's exactly the one. Something about her eyes makes her look like she's possessed!

If there are any Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans here like me, you'll recognize "possessed lady" as Buffy's first college roommate, Kathy.  The one who turned out to be a life-force sucking demon from another dimension.  Ironic, huh?  LOL
A woman is like tea bag. You never know how strong she'll get until she's in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt
clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 3:15am
This'll lead to kids burning down houses i bet.
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 4:14am

It's way more dramatic to show that we the target audience don't have the intelligence to think of a microwave, and o.k. some people may not have a microwave, but DUH....most people are not morons and would use a pan to melt the butter on the stove top.  I would even think that the hot topper thing that Nathan posted on youtube would work better than throwing about 25 sticks of butter in a dryer..........HELLO!!! Confused

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 4:20am
Bwestfall and Revolennon posted the same thing at the same moment.  I like when that happens.

Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 4:27am
Wonder where my "Land O'Lard" post on this subject from a while ago ended up?  A 
"search" pulled up nothing.   Agreed it's a weird ad.  Big%20smile
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Bwestfall and Revolennon posted the same thing at the same moment.  I like when that happens.

I especially liked when Revolennon called the person a dip.

That's a good word.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 6:10pm
I get whipped butter, leave it on the counter for about 10 minutes and voila, spreadable.

But I miss sunbathing with my little stick o' butter friend. He told good jokes.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Revolennon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolennon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I especially liked when Revolennon called the person a dip.

That's a good word.

Hey, this forum is awesome! I've only been here about a week and already people are being nice and very welcoming. Thanks everybody! Smile
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 9:17pm
I like this commercial, because what did you do before microwaves.  I kinda remember holding the butter stick over the flame a little bit...what a drippy mess.  Now I just put my tub of whipped butter out on top of the stove (have an old OKeefe and Merritt) and the pilot lights are killa...they will melt anything or dry anything above them.
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Pirate Alyx Pirate Alyx wrote:

I like this commercial, because what did you do before microwaves.  I kinda remember holding the butter stick over the flame a little bit...what a drippy mess.  Now I just put my tub of whipped butter out on top of the stove (have an old OKeefe and Merritt) and the pilot lights are killa...they will melt anything or dry anything above them.

I would KILL for a stove like this. OK, maybe just maim but this is a BEAUTY!

Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 10:22pm
Madawee, yes it is great to cook with, it came with the house that I have been renting for a gazillion years (an old house as well), also I have the original bathtub with the feet as well that came with the house.  This photo is from a website, but it is similiar to mine, but mine has a white porcelian top and not the stainless steel.

plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Pirate Alyx Pirate Alyx wrote:

Madawee, yes it is great to cook with, it came with the house that I have been renting for a gazillion years (an old house as well), also I have the original bathtub with the feet as well that came with the house.  This photo is from a website, but it is similiar to mine, but mine has a white porcelian top and not the stainless steel.

AWESOME! This reminds me of an old stove we had in my childhood home.

And, Pirate Alyx, I would also kill for a claw tub bath! Lucky!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic