Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive:gay couple

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kajeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progressive:gay couple
    Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 7:26pm
I hate this commercial with this two douchebags that come and this ted allen look alike is talking about how he had to sell his watch and the flo is like thats cold. I wish they stop making these commercials and their not funny and they're trying to hard to try to make her a pop culture icon.
"If we don't watch the commercials it's like were stealing tv"- Homer Simpson
Sponsored Links

emrys927 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Rest in Peace

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emrys927 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 8:06pm
Like these two queens couldn't share the freakin' watch!  LOL 

Flo?  A pop-culture icon? 

Can't see it happening...not even if they made that hair into a 50' beehive.
A woman is like tea bag. You never know how strong she'll get until she's in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 8:32pm
1.) 'Searchy Thingy'
2.) Progressive (topic button)
3.) You will find, amongst many other replies, in regard to 'TheFloCo'...

PaWolf View%20Drop%20Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary 
          PaWolf.............MissyDWolf

Online Status: Online
Post%20Options Post Options  Direct%20Link%20To%20This%20Post Posted: 01 Mar 2009 at 10:51am
Well, Ol'Mule - that was really bad.
Thought I'd try and compete with you, on this.
Woke up this A.M. to FloHo&The H-Mos...be sure and watch Flo's 'tally board'!
In Flo's usual style..."...watch this..."
<ding.ding.ding>
So kiddies, #1 on the 'Hit Parade', why...it is none other than "Mark F.".
<the boys smile each other; barely able to hold back the little girl giggles>
Hmmmmmm...wonder what the initial 'F', for Mark's last name, stands for? If I were playing 'Hang Man', and the name has three (3) letters - one is actually a vowel - and the happy couple were as excited as they seemed...well - I bet I won't need the Dionne Warwick Psychic Friends Network to help me guess that last name.
You too can see it here!
(it the first commercial; it is impolite to do anything other than keep your mouth tightly closed while sitting on a hard FLAT surface, while watching...)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Kajeet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kajeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 9:41pm
I just notice that the one with the glasses has the gay pride flag on his shirt.
"If we don't watch the commercials it's like were stealing tv"- Homer Simpson
cardassian View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardassian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 9:51pm
my hatred for the pig called flo knows no limits.  It will turn out that it (flo) is an east german ex weightlifter with an 8 inch schwanz duct taped to the inside of her hairy thigh.  Sadly it is almost like 6th graders are writing these f*****ing idiot things.  if the idiot progressive ceo gets off on insulting everyone's intelligence 250 times a day, write him a 1 billion dollar bonus check. What the Hell! DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead
Forgive Them Father for They know not what They do
athomas917 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athomas917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 1:30pm
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Kajeet Kajeet wrote:

I just notice that the one with the glasses has the gay pride flag on his shirt.
I'll have to watch for that the next time this particular spot runs.

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 6:41pm
That was great, aThomas! Sometimes South Park makes me laugh, in spite of myself.

[P.S.:  I'm typing this as we're having an earthquake.  Just to let you know.  Maybe God didn't like me laughing!  It was a 4.6 magnitude.]
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 9:44pm
The original owner will likely get his watch back eventually.

After it slips off the other one's wrist & lodges "somewhere"....  Pinch 

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 10:21pm
Ouch! PinchLOL
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 6:48pm
As for the commercial, I absolutely hate this one. What sense does it make for the guy to sell the watch to his "friend" if they live together? Ever heard of a pawn shop, Butt Lord? And the way Flo the Ho says "That's cold!" at the end makes me want to grab her by her 1950's hairdo and throw her across the room. Nobody says "that's cold" anymore. That phrase is SO 1992. Unhappy <<<the best smiley that signifies rolling my eyes
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 11:48pm

I'm one of those "nobodys", Mooch!!  I still use that phrase! 

By the time you're 53, you start losing track of which phrases are in or out.  I had no idea that phrase went out in 1992.  1992 is practically yesterday.  LOL

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2009 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

By the time you're 53, you start losing track of which phrases are in or out.  I had no idea that phrase went out in 1992.  1992 is practically yesterday.  LOL

True, true.Embarrassed

emrys927 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Rest in Peace

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emrys927 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2009 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

The original owner will likely get his watch back eventually.

After it slips off the other one's wrist & lodges "somewhere"....  Pinch 

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

The Mighty Gallorphin Rump Rangers strike again!  LOL
A woman is like tea bag. You never know how strong she'll get until she's in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2009 at 3:46pm
I've wondered why in this commercial she says "that's cold" to the guy who lost his watch. Shouldn't she be saying that to the guy who refuses to sell his watch?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2009 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Vindicated Vindicated wrote:

I've wondered why in this commercial she says "that's cold" to the guy who lost his watch. Shouldn't she be saying that to the guy who refuses to sell his watch?
Not if she's trying to 'butt in'Dead on the 'action'...Wink
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2009 at 12:43am
       These Flo progressive commercials are such trash. I suspected, but wasn't sure that these guys in this commercial were gay.
       This commercial fits in nicely with the trail of sh*tty commercials progressive has plagued us with for the past year or so. I really, really, really can't believe these stupid ass ridiculous commercials sell insurance. They are so annoying and repulsive, I can't even put it into words.
       There's about 3 or 4 running right now, I think, and they are all so, so idiotic. And some MORON is getting paid big bucks to write this sh*t. Confused These have got to be the absolutely worst commercials of all time. Or close to it. Let's all boycott this stupid company and not ever buy insurance from progressive (or their soups....er...maybe a different company Embarrassed).

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2009 at 1:41am
Originally posted by Vindicated Vindicated wrote:

Maybe.  But, on the other hand (no pun intended), the guy who wants it back would be sort of an Indian-giver.  Hopefully, if the other guy sells it back to him, he does so at a profit.

JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2009 at 4:27am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Nobody says "that's cold" anymore. That phrase is SO 1992. Unhappy

I am 27 years of age and  I use the phrase "Thats cold".  I also had no idea, that it went out in 1992.
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2009 at 5:13am
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

True, true.Embarrassed

Greg Brady:  Let's go to the pizza parlor!

Marcia Brady:  FAR OUT!! 

"Far out" was just a weird expression to me even then.  LOL   How "far out" was "far out"?  Would we all pass out if we went too "far out"? Cool

People still say "WAYYYYYYY COOOOOL!!" though.  Blergh!!   And anyone who calls me "DUDE" gets my foot up their ass.  

"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2009 at 2:27pm
I still say "That's dope" and "Take a chill pill" and "I'm illin'".  Oh, and "gnarly", too.  And "tubular".  And "Like, oh my God".

Soon, I'm gonna start saying "phat" and "old skool" and "It's all good".  This way, I can be down with the youngsters.  Recently, I said "Just kickin' back old skool" when someone called and asked what I was doing.  I dunno.  It felt right.  I can't wait to use it again.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2009 at 3:02pm

Recently, I said "Just kickin' back old skool" when someone called and asked what I was doing.  I dunno.  It felt right.  I can't wait to use it again.

I thought the phrase was "kickin it old skool"....

Is it even possible to kick back old skool?

I'm kinda thinkin that "kickin back" is, by definition, "old skool" anyway, so there might be some redundancy there.

Certainly don't want to get something like that wrong, you know.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 3:36pm
I like Flo Embarrassed
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
cardassian View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardassian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 5:52pm
Cry oh poor dear childCry and You look to have such a cute innocent face!!!Smile
Forgive Them Father for They know not what They do
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 4:05am
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

I like Flo Embarrassed

You should be embarrassed! WinkWink
Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic