Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive:gay couple

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cardassian View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardassian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progressive:gay couple
    Posted: 04 May 2009 at 2:11am
being a ghost writer for many lampoon publications back 1973-1985  since I am about to be banned from here it does not matter....BUT  Puritan Pilgrim CIH parishoners If I had my way I would mount susan boyles buffalo head next to my Elk, Moose and Mule Deer trophies on My living room wall,  I hunted and ATE back in 1994 in Beautiful Wyoming. Probably would have donated the rest of ms BoyleWink to Ed Gillesspie and the Republitards

Have a good night CIH parishoners LOL
Forgive Them Father for They know not what They do
Sponsored Links

gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 1:07am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

It was a joke, not MEANT to be taken seriously, plus the Cheer Lady was spot-on that's exactly what she sounds like.

But it fell on deaf ears, whatever not the worst thing that happened to me. Ermm

But I apologize, I didn't think it would be that bad or disrupt anyone, this type of sh*t won't happen again. Yes I'm aware of her singing ability, I just thought it would be fun to poke a little fun that's all. I do not apologize for my impression of the Cheer lady that's EXACTLY what she sounds like, yes I find her annoying.

Ad, my apologies, I answered the wrong person.Embarrassed
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 2:19am
It was a joke, not MEANT to be taken seriously, plus the Cheer Lady was spot-on that's exactly what she sounds like.

But it fell on deaf ears, whatever not the worst thing that happened to me. Ermm

But I apologize, I didn't think it would be that bad or disrupt anyone, this type of sh*t won't happen again. Yes I'm aware of her singing ability, I just thought it would be fun to poke a little fun that's all. I do not apologize for my impression of the Cheer lady that's EXACTLY what she sounds like, yes I find her annoying.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by cardassian cardassian wrote:

The%20Early%20Show%20interviewed%20singing%20sensation%20Susan%20Boyle. we have a democracy here  CIH friends, who wants to stick an ice pic in flo and have this raging beauty as the New Miss Progressive????Clap When I first saw this I thought it was Georgie W in drag.

LOL

can you imagine how it would be like?

the new Flo: WELLL HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO would you like to see how we at Proooogressive can save you a few pounds um I mean dollars?

customer:why yes, I would.

the new Flo: WEll good show!!! Now you sweet little chap what can I get ya?

customer: the perfect insurance coverage.

the new Flo: hands him a box Here ya go.

customer:thanks

customer leaves

the Cheer lady shows up

Cheer Lady: LOOK AT THIS PLACE!!!!!! NOT A SPOT OF DINGIIEENESS ANYWHERE!!!!
What is this place lacking of DINGGGEE???

the new Flo: Oh hello there, this is insurance heaven also known as Prooooooogressive.com!!!

And I'm sure that both of you are gifted with Ms. Boyle's incredible voice. Jeez. with all of the avaialble jackasses on television.......
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 8:51pm
I also have no problem with Flo.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardassian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 2:30am
too funny awesome post
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 11:34pm

The%20Early%20Show%20interviewed%20singing%20sensation%20Susan%20Boyle. we have a democracy here  CIH friends, who wants to stick an ice pic in flo and have this raging beauty as the New Miss Progressive????Clap When I first saw this I thought it was Georgie W in drag.

LOL

can you imagine how it would be like?

the new Flo: WELLL HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO would you like to see how we at Proooogressive can save you a few pounds um I mean dollars?

customer:why yes, I would.

the new Flo: WEll good show!!! Now you sweet little chap what can I get ya?

customer: the perfect insurance coverage.

the new Flo: hands him a box Here ya go.

customer:thanks

customer leaves

the Cheer lady shows up

Cheer Lady: LOOK AT THIS PLACE!!!!!! NOT A SPOT OF DINGIIEENESS ANYWHERE!!!!
What is this place lacking of DINGGGEE???

the new Flo: Oh hello there, this is insurance heaven also known as Prooooooogressive.com!!!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 10:45pm
   The commercials are intolerably annoying and of way below average intelligence and Flo drives me up a wall....but ho and skank? i don't know what pond you guys are fishing in. I can't imagine anyone less reminiscent of those terms. Geek and ingratiating, definitely.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 5:28pm
I've pretty much ignored this thread, but now that I've seen the commercial, I'm not so sure these guys are a couple.  I'll have to watch again to see if they even seem gay.  If they were a couple, one would not have sold his watch to his significant other; they'd be sharing it or it would be a gift.  I think they just happen to be friends.

Although I guess Progressive was afraid to make it too obvious, so they're going with suggestion, and letting the general public assume something that isn't there.  Nothing new in that.

Bad commercial.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by therage therage wrote:

I mean, Flo is actually a 38, now 39 year old woman in real life. She's a greaser, like those chicks back in the 70's that only washed their hair like once a year in high school. Broke out with huge swollen zits because they were greasers. AND put on heavy eye makeup because you couldn't tell where their boyfriend had given them a black eye.

I find her quite frankly, repusively GROSS.

Bit harsh, no?

Yes, this is picky, but what the heck:
If she's 39, then she was born in 1970 and wouldn't have hit high school until the mid-80's. 
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2009 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

.... Unhappy <<<the best smiley that signifies rolling my eyes
You may use this one if you wish: --->>>  <<<---
WinkBig%20smileWink

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardassian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 7:57pm
so sad but true, get paid to be a homely skank, annoying the masses, the stupid looks that inky and twinky have when directed by flopig to look at the wheel of fortune insurance board tells it all, the retard progressive ad writers aren't retards at all, things we hate and revile are much more likely to be remembered.  Same thing with the geico retards with the pile of benny franks with the staring eyes scaring the airline passenger flake.....how could u EVER forget how fuc###ed up and retarded that is...........Angry 
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardassian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 6:03pm
therage View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 4:56am

amen therage......finally.....finally finally.........cute homely stephanie courtney is recognized for being utterly homely and ugly  get a job at Mac Ds NYC Ugly HOE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here HERE. These were always the chicks with the dellusions of grandeur that some rich SOB Prince Charming  automatically "knew" where they the girl lived and would pull up one day in a limo to "whisk her away". Usually, the girls who really tried to be healthy pretty had  the better attitude/were nicer. AND then there were some gals who had such a BAD attitude, they wanted to look like Flo on purpose. Kinda' "Pre-Goth-Greaser'.

I just called them "Nastee Skags".

But back to the commercial. I just wonder how much Progressive could save you IF they dumped these commercials all-together?.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 3:00am

Progressive must have found they are making money hand-over-fist (Confused) from this commercial given they are still playing the heck out of it...I would've bet by now that the 'little Missy' could've reaped in enough royalties and savings, by now, to get an even better watch! 

"...naught for saleeeee!..." Dead
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 4:16am
I actually have to confess that I like this one.

Flo's expression at the end when she proclaims "that's cold!" is almost cartoonish.
One man gathers what another man spills
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 1:56am
Originally posted by therage therage wrote:

I mean, Flo is actually a 38, now 39 year old woman in real life. She's a greaser, like those chicks back in the 70's that only washed their hair like once a year in high school. Broke out with huge swollen zits because they were greasers. AND put on heavy eye makeup because you couldn't tell where their boyfriend had given them a black eye.

Wow.  I picture her as one of those artist/theater club/glitter-rock types like some of the girls in my high school circa 1971.

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardassian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 1:36am
amen therage......finally.....finally finally.........cute homely stephanie courtney is recognized for being utterly homely and ugly  get a job at Mac Ds NYC Ugly HOE!!!!!!!!!!!!
therage View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 1:01am

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 4:15am
Flo doesn't bug me in the least.

BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 4:05am
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

I like Flo Embarrassed

You should be embarrassed! WinkWink
Wink
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardassian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 5:52pm
Cry oh poor dear childCry and You look to have such a cute innocent face!!!Smile
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 3:36pm
I like Flo Embarrassed
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2009 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Recently, I said "Just kickin' back old skool" when someone called and asked what I was doing.  I dunno.  It felt right.  I can't wait to use it again.

I thought the phrase was "kickin it old skool"....

Is it even possible to kick back old skool?

I'm kinda thinkin that "kickin back" is, by definition, "old skool" anyway, so there might be some redundancy there.

Certainly don't want to get something like that wrong, you know.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2009 at 2:27pm
I still say "That's dope" and "Take a chill pill" and "I'm illin'".  Oh, and "gnarly", too.  And "tubular".  And "Like, oh my God".

Soon, I'm gonna start saying "phat" and "old skool" and "It's all good".  This way, I can be down with the youngsters.  Recently, I said "Just kickin' back old skool" when someone called and asked what I was doing.  I dunno.  It felt right.  I can't wait to use it again.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic