Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - FOX have abandoned pretense in favor of trolling.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FOX have abandoned pretense in favor of trolling.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Fomerly Takeikin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FOX have abandoned pretense in favor of trolling.
    Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 2:19pm

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 2:28pm

I watch Red Eye often.  Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's just silly.  But I'm not sure the reason for your post.  "Trolling"??

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 2:41pm
My God. How sickening.

What a bunch of typical slimy, Fox News idiocy.

I wonder how much cumulative military time that bunch of pansy-ass wienies have put in themselves, all totaled.

Actually, I don't wonder that at all. Because I know it's ZERO.

And to make fun of Canada's Leutenant General Andrew Leslie's last name, not to mention all the other snide homophobic remarks that were interspersed throughout, is truly nauseating. I mean, who is a guy named Greg GUTFELD to be making fun of anyone else's last name?????

"Hey GUTFELD, how'd ya get such a soft, flabby GUT?"

Gutfeld: "I must've gotten it from sitting in front of a TV camera spouting stupid sh*t on Fox News. Because I certainly didn't get it in the military defending the country I pretend to care so much about!!!"

I'll bet that Leslie guy could kick the asses of all four of those powdered, pampered Fox News pussies all at once & not even break a sweat doing it.

And the righties can't understand the criticisms about Fox News.....

Gimme a friggin break. Wacko

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I watch Red Eye often.

Yeah, I was thinking that as I watched it.

When that sissy-looking guy "Doug" (well, they're ALL sissy looking "guys", actually) with the wimpy facial hair came on I thought... "I'll bet ol' Thor likes this bunch of losers." Wink

They probably all fight over who gets to keep Monica Crowley's worn panties after the show. LOL

Last week's winner:

LOL

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 2:54pm
I haven't watched FOX in a while. In fact, I haven't watched most TV in a while. Please explain what you mean.
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 3:03pm
You realize that's not a news show, right?  Hell, Jon Stewart mocks Canada, and the Stewart show is a news show for many.

That said, it's pretty funny that Canada's military needs a break.  A break from what???  Apparently, the problem is that they have all sorts of military equipment, but can't get anyone to make the needed repairs.  So, they're gonna hafta take a break while they figure out what to do.  In 2011.  That's not when they're going to take the much-needed break.  That's when they're going to really start thinking about it.  LOL

I guess the 1,100 troops that Canada has deployed around the world , while crucial to world safety, is a major drain on Canada's economy.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 3:18pm
I've got no problem with poking good-natured fun at Canada, it's just the way they do it.

I can't see mocking a guy's last name when your own name is nothing go around bragging about.

And having such a bunch of effete pansies making fun of any military, no matter how much in disarray, is just kinda galling.

That & the way they all seem to gang up on their prey with such zeal.

And let's not forget.... Jon Stewart is on a network called "COMEDY CENTRAL".

Fox is supposedly a legitimate news network.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 3:27pm
It's a humor show on Fox, Jimbo.  It's not a news show.  It's a humor show that's broadcast at 3am. 

And Gutfeld often mocks his own last name. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 3:40pm
What does Fox News need a "humor" show for anyway?

Do they get tired of reporting actual legitimate news stories, so they have to "take a break" from it?

CNN doesn't do comedy. MSNBC doesn't do comedy. And yet the right beats up on them constantly for being "lightweights", etc.

But their "go to" news network FOX, takes time out of it's news programming schedule to do the equivalent of some schlocky radio "morning-zoo crew" silliness, and you don't hear a peep of criticism from conservatives.

Let one of the other news networks try that & all you'd hear is howling about it.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 4:02pm
Oh, c'mon...MSNBC spends most of its time at Workplace Gone Wild, and Lockdown at Whatever Prison.

Jack View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Fomerly Takeikin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 4:19pm
Oh, a humor show? Oops. XD
Probably shouldn't have that Fox News logo there, then, should they?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 4:26pm
What makes what that Red Eye bunch did even worse, is that just last Friday, Canada lost 4 more soldiers in Afghanistan.

Four Canadian soldiers sacrifice their lives & all these chuckleheads can do is mock them.

Mocking the country is one thing, but I thought Fox & it's neo-con viewers considered it the ultimate sin to mock military service in the war on terrorism. But I suppose they only consider it a sin to mock AMERICAN troops. Any other country's soldiers that die in the fight against terrorism are just joke fodder for the good folks at Fox. 

I thought this was a pretty good commentary on the show, on a website by & for military & ex-military personel called Blackfive. Note the name of the author of the piece.... LOL

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 4:31pm
I didn't see them mock the dead soldiers.  I'm guessing they didn't even know about it.  In fact, I didn't until today.  Just like you.

But sorry...I just can't pop a rod over this argument right now.  I've got important wagons to paint.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Jack Jack wrote:

Oh, a humor show? Oops. XD
Probably shouldn't have that Fox News logo there, then, should they?

They always start the show with a very official-sounding "Fox News Alert", but it's usually just some odd/funny video off of Youtube.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 4:36pm

But sorry...I just can't pop a rod over this argument right now.  I've got important wagons to paint.

Did you mean "pop a 'roid"?

Because I think "popping a rod" is something altogether different. Shocked Wink

At any rate.... mock a country's military & you mock their soldiers. Both the ones still living & the ones who've died in service.

C'mon, man!
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 6:32pm
Uhh Thor.   I think the point here is that FOX News has no business broadcasting a comedy show(intentionally at least! some of their shows are unintentionally hilarious though!).

The Daily Show is on the Comedy Central channel, a channel that shows comedy, even has comedy in the name.    Doesn't take a genius to figure out what Comedy Central shows.    Just like FOX News has news in the name.    They're supposed to broadcast news.   

If you think MSNBC documentaries about prison, murders and caught on tape are "comedy", I don't think I have an answer for that.   
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 7:47pm
I never said they were comedy.  Just that they weren't news.  C'mon...prison gangs and bad girls behind bars isn't news; it's light entertainment.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

Uhh Thor.   I think the point here is that FOX News has no business broadcasting a comedy show(intentionally at least! some of their shows are unintentionally hilarious though!).

The Daily Show is on the Comedy Central channel, a channel that shows comedy, even has comedy in the name.    Doesn't take a genius to figure out what Comedy Central shows.    Just like FOX News has news in the name.    They're supposed to broadcast news.   

If you think MSNBC documentaries about prison, murders and caught on tape are "comedy", I don't think I have an answer for that.   

I hate to burst your bubble, but CNN also has a comedy show on Saturday called "DL Hughley Breaks The News" plus Headline News has "Not Another Cable News Show" even  legitimate news organizations have comedy shows. It's true.

And as it said before MSNBC has prison shows, it seems just because it has news in the title doesn't necessarily mean the broadcast news all the time, times have changed.

But Fox News still acting like an ass is still not a shock to me, I mean look at what they have done in the past.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 9:51pm
"Fox News Channel...Giving Jimbo a Fair, Balanced, Self-Righteously Pissed-Off Boner Since 1996!"LOL
Jack View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Fomerly Takeikin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 7:53pm
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Jack Jack wrote:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090323/national/fox_news_cda

Poor babies.  Canada is to the US what Long Island is to Manhattan, what Jan is to Marcia, what Hydrox is to Oreos.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 12:47am
Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

Ahem...... I uh, think I made that point already, there, Diz.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Irishman Irishman wrote:

"Fox News Channel...Giving Jimbo a Fair, Balanced, Self-Righteously Pissed-Off Boner Since 1996!"LOL

Preposterous. I don't even watch Fox News.

Only mentally challenged droolers watch that crapfest.

And at least I can actually get a boner. 

"Irishman..... hasn't even had a boner (of any kind), since well before 1996!" LOL

C'mon, man!
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 5:35am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

From something other than responding to my posts, you mean?Tongue
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 6:34am

But sorry...I just can't pop a rod over this argument right now. 

Did you mean "pop a 'roid"?

Because I think "popping a rod" is something altogether different. Shocked Wink

"Irishman..... hasn't even had a boner (of any kind), since well before 1996!" LOL

Jimbo's very concerned with our conservative woodies, Irishman.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic