Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EHarmony Josh and Tanyalee

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinghere1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EHarmony Josh and Tanyalee
    Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 6:53pm
I'm not a fan of this because of any clever writing or convincing sales pitch.  I'm captivated by the lovely Tanyalee.  The pair are in a few variations of the commercial, but the one that does it for me is where she takes a slow walk to a garment rack talking about not being able to date because of work.  The slightly upward angle of the camera, and Tanyalee's smooth, lickable legs in those boots with socks cresting over the top make this a keeper on my DVR.  Too bad I wasn't on eharmony or I could have gotten the real life version of this one.
Got Crack?
Sponsored Links

jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by kinghere1 kinghere1 wrote:

I'm not a fan of this because of any clever writing or convincing sales pitch.  I'm captivated by the lovely Tanyalee.  The pair are in a few variations of the commercial, but the one that does it for me is where she takes a slow walk to a garment rack talking about not being able to date because of work.  The slightly upward angle of the camera, and Tanyalee's smooth, lickable legs in those boots with socks cresting over the top make this a keeper on my DVR.  Too bad I wasn't on eharmony or I could have gotten the real life version of this one.

dude, I'm with ya!  It's a terrible commercial but I still watch it because there's something really hot about that chick..
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 6:51am
Oh, I know how you both feel.  Tanyalee is beautiful.
snooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 7:11am
Originally posted by workbench.cadenhead.org workbench.cadenhead.org wrote:

Given eHarmony's trouble in New Jersey over excluding gays from its service, it's interesting to see that Tanyalee has gone on the record in favor of California's Proposition 8:

Marriage is a biblical union under God that happens to be recognized by our government. It is not subject to amendments. I believe that it would be right of our government to offer some sort of union benefit to those who wish to join their lives in a same-sex union. However, this does not mean that the government has any right to step into the church and redefine "marriage". The separation between church and state is not to keep the beliefs of the church out of our governing systems. Instead is to keep the governing systems out of the church. ...

This is not about rights as a citizen of the United States of America. This is about whether we as a country have the audacity to ammend the Bible. "Marriage" is not the term to be used in homosexual unions. This is not ever been defined in the Bible as such. Thus it is not the place or right of my government to change that. In order to keep separate as so many have suggested the church and the state, we must fundamentally re-examine the suggestions being purposed.

Leaving aside Tanyalee's completely back-asswards interpretation of the separation of church and state, I don't understand the impulse of some straight people to play "tick-tock the game is locked" with marriage. Why should I care if a committed gay couple wants the benefits and burdens the state assigns to married people? eHarmony is now under legal agreement with the state of New Jersey to begin applying love cohesive to gays on a same-sex service called Compatible Partners. When they start churning out gay couples whose univariate Chi-square and ANOVA analyses indicate lifelong compatibility, shouldn't they get married and celebrate their happiness in heavily rotated television commercials? Gay people can't possibly screw up marriage any worse than heterosexuals. If the institution can survive quickie Vegas weddings, 35,000-couple Unification Church mass ceremonies and the union of Julia Roberts and Lyle Lovett, it can survive a couple with the same plumbing who'd like to file a joint tax return and share parental rights over their children.

Tanyalee takes a pretty hardline view on the issue, and given the fact that Joshua has an advanced degree in chemistry, I was concerned they might have only 28 favors of compatibility -- 60 percent of people with postgraduate degrees voted against Proposition 8, according to exit polls. But the only hero named on Joshua's MySpace profile is "Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior and ultimate HERO, role model, and friend," and he attends a church that prescreens applicants to its School of Supernatural Worship for the purpose of weeding out gays, cultists and practitioners of witchcraft:

Have you ever been involved in homosexuality or lesbianism?

If yes, how long since last involvement?

So Joshua and Tanyalee are in harmony on this issue, and thank God for that.

Yeah...

They seem like really awesome people. Wacko

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 7:22am
POP!!

(there goes the bubble)

She's probably a bitch.    A raging superbitch like that Kate of Jon and Kate Plus Eight!    Either that or she has some kind of defect.   Why else would she turn to online dating?
painter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 7:39am

They are right wing loonies. Seriously.
msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 4:08am
Alright, Mrs. Buzzkill here!  I think shes weird looking. Also, what the hell is up with her wearing her tanktop over her long sleeve shirt?  I'm just sayin
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 6:40am
Originally posted by msdeli msdeli wrote:

Alright, Mrs. Buzzkill here!  I think shes weird looking. Also, what the hell is up with her wearing her tanktop over her long sleeve shirt?  I'm just sayin

No I agree, that look stops being cute as soon as you hit puberty.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic