Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

INVENTOR OF BREATHE RIGHT NASAL STRIPS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 6:10am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

In regard to the other end of the topic, well...she duct-taped my ass...worked almost as well.
Is that really worth the tears of ripping that tape off every morning? LOL
Sponsored Links

gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 6:29am
   It could be some sort of fetish; I've heard of weirder ones. Perhaps PaW has something duct taped in there!Evil%20Smile
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 7:22am
What gets me about ol' Bruce's presentation is when he says, "Then it struck me:  outside the nose, not inside!"

Shouldn't the emphasis be on "outside the nose, not inside"?

Edit:  I forgot to add that the Breathe Right strips work great for me.  Once in awhile I will have trouble breathing through my nose while I'm sleeping.  Then I dream I'm suffocating.  When I finally pull myself out of the dream, I realize I REALLY can't breathe and I put on a Breathe Right.  Voila!  I can breathe again, thankfully.
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 10:01am
PA, if you've got a hairy ass.............removing that duct tape MUST be a painful sit-chee-a-shun!!!! Shocked

I love the Breathe Right strips, BUT day-um you have to scrub your nose with a steel wool pad to get them to stick, at least I do. I always thought I was pretty clean till I tried to use the frickin' things. LOL They cost a hell of a lot more than they should also, so wasting them sucks pretty badly. I've wasted two or three of them at a time before cause they just wouldn't stick. On the other hand, when they do stick, MAN they hurt like a bitch when you remove them.
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
B.the1st View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.the1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Edit:  I forgot to add that the Breathe Right strips work great for me.  Once in awhile I will have trouble breathing through my nose while I'm sleeping.  Then I dream I'm suffocating.  When I finally pull myself out of the dream, I realize I REALLY can't breathe and I put on a Breathe Right.  Voila!  I can breathe again, thankfully.

Me too!  I have nonallergic vasomotor rhinitis, which is a complicated term for a condition in which my nose gets abnormally congested while laying down (moreso than it should.  It feels like a balloon is being inflated all the way up in my nostril.)  I'll get those suffocation feelings too.  So I use either Astelin spray (it IS for allergies but it's also approved for similar non-allergic symptoms) but lately I've switched away from that and started breathe-right strips instead.  They've been working just as well at night as the prescription spray.

They may not work as well as the spray in the summer, though.  Heat and humidity make it FAR worse on my nose at night.  I'm waiting to see.  Until then, though, it's so nice that I can avoid medication for as long as possible. Smile
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 5:49pm
B, I sympathize.  It's an awful feeling to think you're being suffocated.

Costco has them for a lot less than what they cost in the other stores.  Something like 38 strips for $10.00.

Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 7:03pm
Harumpf, they did not work for b/f no way...still got a buzz saw next to me...arrrrgh...I warned him that frying pan was the next fix if he don't find sumthin soon!LOL
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by B.the1st B.the1st wrote:

Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Me too!  I have nonallergic vasomotor rhinitis, which is a complicated term for a condition in which my nose gets abnormally congested while laying down (moreso than it should.  It feels like a balloon is being inflated all the way up in my nostril.)  I'll get those suffocation feelings too.  So I use either Astelin spray (it IS for allergies but it's also approved for similar non-allergic symptoms) but lately I've switched away from that and started breathe-right strips instead.  They've been working just as well at night as the prescription spray.

They may not work as well as the spray in the summer, though.  Heat and humidity make it FAR worse on my nose at night.  I'm waiting to see.  Until then, though, it's so nice that I can avoid medication for as long as possible. Smile

BTF- Here are a couple of suggestions that may give you tremendous relief; vasomotor rhinitus responds fruitiously to taking a methylprednosolone pack 4 times yearly. It worls as an anti-inflammatory particularly helpful with inflammation caused by vascular induced swelling of the nasal membranes. Another seldom talked about, but harmless temporary relief is....drumroll.... Preparation H, which is an anti-inflammatory that is effective on areas with, er, mucus membranes. The most permant option, and well worth the surgery (outpatient) is the reinforcing of the inside of the nostrils with a very small cartilage graft, which literally forces your airways to stay open, It was a Godsend for me!
   This year, i had three sinus surgeries, The first was completely ineffectual, the second was so invasive that the idiot ent destroyed my septum and took out so much tissue that my nose was on the verge of collapse; no drama intended.I finally ended up with a reconstuction of the entire infrastructure with grafts, look no different than I did prior to all the sinus issues and have no more breathing problems at night other than occasional managable allergies.
     My doctor mentioned that snoring is a glottal issue and a remedy is being worked on much like an invisalign dental tray that positions the jaw in such a way to prevent people from sleeping with their mouths open and to keep the nasal airways and epiglottis aligned, creating normal breathing passages at night. I'm ready tho put ny husband on a ventilator or suffocate him if something doesn't come along soon.
    And for all you defenders out there; Bruce Johnson is sweet and adorable, but he really sounds congested as hell.
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 3:12am
I still don't get this accusation that he sounds extremely congested. Clown We've all heard people with their noses totally stopped up from a "code in dah nodz!"  They sound "sumbthig lyge dis..." and they "cand breade through their nodz" and they "don't dough wad  do do wid deir stuffy nodz..."   He doesn't sound ANYTHING like that for cornsakes! Sleepy   (And can someone tell me what "fruitiously " means? Confused ) 
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
snooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 3:25am
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

And can someone tell me what "fruitiously " means?
It means something that becomes spontaneously and ridiculously fruity. First coined by Elton John.

'Fruitiously' actually is somewhat of a made up word from 'fruition' which means for something to be realized or accomplished. So for something to 'respond fruitiously' would mean it responded successfully or completely. I don't believe there's such a thing as a made up word though. It's our language, we can update it any way we like.
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 4:13am

I still don't get this accusation that he sounds extremely congested. Clown We've all heard people with their noses totally stopped up from a "code in dah nodz!"  They sound "sumbthig lyge dis..." and they "cand breade through their nodz" and they "don't dough wad  do do wid deir stuffy nodz..."   He doesn't sound ANYTHING like that for cornsakes! Sleepy   (And can someone tell me what "fruitiously " means? Confused ) 

I have a fabulous suggestion for you. It's called a dictionary. Also, since my posts so deeply confuse and disturb you, perhaps you should ignore them.
    Although I realize that you are having tremendous difficulty absorbing this, I'll attempt to decipher the correlation between being congested, inventing a product to reduce the discomfort and still sounding congested. It is called chronic sinusitis...difficult to absorb, I realize.Combine that with the fact that Mr. Johnson does not hail from Brooklyn or the Bronx, it doesn;t jive with an accent. A headcold occurs in the nasal sinus passages, chronic issues apply to the entire sinus system and are extremely debilitating. the mucus is not expelled and the upper and lower sinuses are impacted, constricting the cavities.
      Kindly leave me alone.Angry
snooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 4:27am
Whoa... Ermm

That seems kinda harsh.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 4:43am
Snooze:  Spicy Meatball and Gail have history that predates your time here.  Gail is well within her rights to ask Spicy to just not read her posts.  We all have that option.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 4:55am
When I saw that SNL commercial show on Sunday, I immediately thought of this place when I saw that spot on spoof of that nasal-codpiece who always talks about his nose.    Am I the only one who finds it weird that he's shoving straws and metal paper clips up his nose??

The "posterior strip" was priceless.   As was that exaggerated farting sound.    LOLLOLLOL
snooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 4:58am
That's fine, I just thought the allusion to Spicy's density seemed...well, anyway.

I understand. History. Fun stuff. Wooo. Wacko

And now for something completely different...

gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 4:59am
Originally posted by snooze snooze wrote:

And can someone tell me what "fruitiously " means?
It means something that becomes spontaneously and ridiculously fruity. First coined by Elton John.

'Fruitiously' actually is somewhat of a made up word from 'fruition' which means for something to be realized or accomplished. So for something to 'respond fruitiously' would mean it responded successfully or completely. I don't believe there's such a thing as a made up word though. It's our language, we can update it any way we like.

Fruitiously is a word. google it and you'll see it in the exact format that you've described.
This person, Spicy has been chipping away at me relentlessly for reasons that I'm not aware. This is her third or fourth nasty message to me today arguing everything from her perception of my langusge, the guy's voice not sounding congested and my supposed grammatical errors. Enough already. Faith mentioned that I have a history with her which started just as this segment did. She needs to just lay off. I'm not interested in arguing regarding nonsense. Life is stressful enough. This site is to have fun and enjoy.
snooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 5:07am
I hear ya. Smile

EDIT: I was looking for a lolcat for stress but I found this and stopped. I lold.

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 5:12am
Hey G, didn't you and Spicy Meatball get into it in the past?   I remember that being part of the problems you had the first day you arrived.
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 5:18am
Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

Hey G, didn't you and Spicy Meatball get into it in the past?   I remember that being part of the problems you had the first day you arrived.

I think it was day two. She had a choice couple of insults and I pmed her to apologize for any misunderstandings I may have caused. She never had the courtesy to respond and  I ate crow just to make peace. It gets old.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 5:20am

I hear ya. Smile

EDIT: I was looking for a lolcat for stress but I found this and stopped. I lold.

LOL!!! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

I love all these puppy and kitty pictures.

Like this one too:
snooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 5:21am
To eat crow. Now that ish is is old school. Respect. LOL

Hehe, thanks Dizz. Hey did you see this post of O'Reilly that was basically for your personal viewing pleasure?
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 5:22am
  My weakness too. Animals are so innocent.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 5:34am

To eat crow. Now that ish is is old school. Respect. LOL

Hehe, thanks Dizz. Hey did you see this post of O'Reilly that was basically for your personal viewing pleasure?

OMG that is awesome!!!   When that clip was first popular it was my favourite thing.   To see O'Reilly as he really is: a loud, blowhard sonofabitch.   

The other thing, I couldn't believe he worked at Inside Edition!  What, did Entertainment Tonight reject him? LOLLOLLOL    Now it all makes sense why his show is crap.   He went from one tabloid show to an entire tabloid network.    Owned by tabloid mogul Rupert (ARRRR) Murdoch.   You'll get that (ARRRR) joke if you watch Keith Olbermann! Wink
-------------------------------------------------
Me too.   Just something about animals.    I cringe at those ASPCA ads on TV.   There's a new one that runs CONSTANTLY on Universal HD with Jason Alexander of Seinfeld and I can't bear to see those injured, tortured, abused animals.     The polar bear ads also get me, which is why I was so pissy in the Froot Loops thread.
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 8:22pm
hmmmm I thought of Fruitilicious when I saw that word.  Like a really fruitilicious summer drink with alcohol. 
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by gail gail wrote:

I have a fabulous suggestion for you. It's called a dictionary. Also, since my posts so deeply confuse and disturb you, perhaps you should ignore them.Angry

Good topic for snotty replies isn't it?    This is an internet discussion board and I don't have to agree with everything you say.     And....as to your first  suggestion that I get a dictionary-- I am a free-lance writer (who posts the odd typo) and chef who LOVES to learn new words.  I  have a journalism degree.   I did indeed plug (copy and paste)  your word "fruitiously" into Merriam Webster online.   And....  according to  Merriam Webster:   

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.   http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fruitiously

So now it's your turn to piss off.  Wink

"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic