Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

INVENTOR OF BREATHE RIGHT NASAL STRIPS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: INVENTOR OF BREATHE RIGHT NASAL STRIPS
    Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 8:25am
   This commercial is priceless. Bruce Johnson is on his porch describing his invention of the BreatheRight nasal strip due to his own constant nasal congestion. He describes having used straws and safety pins in his nostrils to no avail (no kidding!)  It "finally" came to him; outside the nose! Meanwhile , throughout the commercial, he is so very obviously congested that he is barely legible. I don't know if I hate the commercial or love it.Confused
Sponsored Links

snooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 9:13am

I wonder if he has a deviated septum or something similar because you're right he does sound very nasally. Imagine rolling over in your sleep and shoving those straws up your nosepipes an extra inch...Yeeouch!

But ye, I like the quirky workshop tinkering profile so I don't mind this commercial. He reminds me of my friend's dad who's always been a nerd but a really nice guy and pretty cool. He too sports the specs and mustache style to boot.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 9:32am
I think Saturday Night Live did a spoof of this commercial where he invents something to keep people from farting. 
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

I think Saturday Night Live did a spoof of this commercial where he invents something to keep people from farting. 

Needle and thread?  Superglue?

ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 4:42pm
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by NathanAlexander NathanAlexander wrote:

See Nathan! His products don't work. Even with nasal strips and posterior strips, he still sounds congested!Unhappy
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by snooze snooze wrote:

I wonder if he has a deviated septum or something similar because you're right he does sound very nasally. Imagine rolling over in your sleep and shoving those straws up your nosepipes an extra inch...Yeeouch!

But ye, I like the quirky workshop tinkering profile so I don't mind this commercial. He reminds me of my friend's dad who's always been a nerd but a really nice guy and pretty cool. He too sports the specs and mustache style to boot.

Snooze, I just watched your tape and Nathan's and I'm hard pressed to tell which one's the spoof. One thing is certain, it definitely makes me want to run over to Walgreen's for some Afrin!
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by gail gail wrote:

he is so very obviously congested that he is barely legible. 

AUDIBLE you mean.   I can hear what he's saying wth no problem.  He may have a slightly nasal tone but he's not "stuffed up".  Confused 
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

AUDIBLE you mean.   I can hear what he's saying wth no problem.  He may have a slightly nasal tone but he's not "stuffed up".  Confused 

Yeah. goofed on that one, Meant to say intelligible. Bear with me, I'm typing in the dark because hubbie's napping. Bruce is quite audible, I can hear him and I can hear that he is more than just "nasal". After having three sinus surgeries within a one year period, I'm quite able to discern the difference.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 12:02am
MissyDWolf actually made me use them, when they first came out.
For me? They work.
Maybe it is psychological - but we both get to rest.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 12:06am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

For me? They work.

Breathe right or gas right?  LOL
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 12:20am
Originally posted by meinga meinga wrote:

For me? They work.

Good one!

My husband got them because he was snoring constantly and unfortunately they didn't help. Technically, for certain types of sinus problems they may offer some relief, but not for allergy sufferers. People with septal deformities may have a slight benefit from them because they would help keep the nostril passage open, but even then, the effect would be minimal.
    Regardless, the guy still sounds congested as all hell; the kind of congestion that occurs way up through the sius cavities and even under the orbital sockets. You can tell by watching the way he speaks.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 12:32am

For me? They work.

Good one!

My husband got them because he was snoring constantly and unfortunately they didn't help. Technically, for certain types of sinus problems they may offer some relief, but not for allergy sufferers. People with septal deformities may have a slight benefit from them because they would help keep the nostril passage open, but even then, the effect would be minimal.
    Regardless, the guy still sounds congested as all hell; the kind of congestion that occurs way up through the sius cavities and even under the orbital sockets. You can tell by watching the way he speaks.
That would be 'Breathe Right', to which I referred.
In regard to the other end of the topic, well...she duct-taped my ass...worked almost as well.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 12:35am

For me? They work.

Good one!

That would be 'Breath Right', to which I referred.
In regard to the other end of the topic, well...she duct-taped my ass...worked almost as well.

Sorry Pa, I couldn't resist that one!
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 12:36am
   Hey PaW,  I kind of assumed you were talking about Breathe Right (at least I hoped so!). Now the duct tape; that's not such a bad idea! LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 12:38am

Hey PaW,  I kind of assumed you were talking about Breathe Right (at least I hoped so!). Now the duct tape; that's not such a bad idea! LOL
(Lemme do a 'NDizzle'!!! )LOLLOLLOL I stand/sit/s*it SO corrected!!!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 12:46am
My wife got me some Breathe Right throat spray..and she says it works.   I personally don't care, I can't hear me.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

My wife got me some Breathe Right throat spray..and she says it works.   I personally don't care, I can't hear me.
Ya know, Hooty....I was JUST NOW listening REALLY, REALLY hard, on this board...and, well...ya know what? *I* couldn't hear you, either!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 2:18am
Sorry, Pa, did you say something?  LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Sorry, Pa, did you say something?  LOL
Big%20smilePffffzzzzzzttttzz! - with grace and aire...
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 3:25am

Isn't modern medicine wonderful? I know 2 or 3 people who had surgery for "deviated septums" and not only were there septums un-deviated lol but their noses were reshaped too?!Confused

gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 3:30am
Originally posted by Stacy Stacy wrote:

Isn't modern medicine wonderful? I know 2 or 3 people who had surgery for "deviated septums" and not only were there septums un-deviated lol but their noses were reshaped too?!Confused

It's very funny. I grew up in Miami and it was just remarkable that so many folks had their "deviated septums" repaired by plastic surgeons!Cool
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 3:43am

Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

Yeah. goofed on that one, Meant to say intelligible. Bear with me, I'm typing in the dark because hubbie's napping. bruce is quite audible, I can hear him and I can hear that he is more than just "nasal". After having three sinus surgeries within a one year period, I'm quite able to discern the difference.

OT:  Well you fixed your sig line at least. Praise Cheeses!   LOL That  it's servant " thang was tantamount to your being tarred and feathered.  Wink
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 4:30am
Thank you Nathan I was just looking for that to post...
THEY SPREAD YOUR BUTT CHEEKS APART!
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 5:46am
  Hootman, we're talking about nasal strips, not sprays. Epinephrine works wonders...until it has a backlash effect and destroys the septum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic