Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

your favorite anime

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: your favorite anime
    Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 2:45pm
I used to watch Kenshin and yu yu hakashu.
Now I really like gunslinger girl and blood.

I got into anime when I was learning how to draw it.
I also get a free manga comic sent to me 2 or 3 times a year for reference.
My son wanted to try making his own comics.
was feeling nostalgic
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 7:24pm
Big O

cool car, semi-James Bond-esque character, city with an interesting story,Big robots,Noir atmosphere. What's not to like?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 7:46pm
None.  Anime sucks.
I have 168 characters remaining.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by NiteRaidah NiteRaidah wrote:

None.  Anime sucks.
Ditto. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 5:29pm
FLCL is short and sweet, gotta say that's my favorite. I don't follow anime 100% of the time  or have any current favorites I just have to see. I watch them like any other show, but I've watched and enjoyed from time to time:

Death Note
Ginga Legend Weed
Full Metal Alchemist
Sailor Moon
Kimba The White Lion
Speed Racer
Pokemon
Detective Conan
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 8:36pm
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Paranoia Agent
Lupin The Third

Yeah I know it's lame I only like Dubbed stuff but I'm not going to go to all the trouble of learning Japanese just to find out if InuYasha says "sh*t" instead of "Damn" on the Japanese DVDs and I really loathe trying to read subtitles.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Jack View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Fomerly Takeikin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 11:01pm
Rurouni Kenshin is the only one I ever liked enough to watch regularly.
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 11:21pm
Hey there takeikin
Long time no see umm
was feeling nostalgic
Jack View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Fomerly Takeikin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 12:19am
Hi. :D I thought I'd seen you around recently.
bluenowait View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluenowait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 3:55am
My favorite is Excel Saga, because I'm Goddamn Nuts!
t(ò_ót) Double Deuce!
emrys927 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Rest in Peace

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emrys927 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 11:04pm
Inu Yasha, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Paranoia Agent, Fullmetal Alchemist.
A woman is like tea bag. You never know how strong she'll get until she's in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt
msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 3:57am
Don't watch it, but my daughter draws it very well.
snooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 5:31am
Series
1. Cowboy Bebop
2. FLCL
3. Samurai Champloo
4. Neon Genesis Evangelion
5. Wolf's Rain

6. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
7. Trigun
8. R.O.D. The TV
9. The Big O
10. The Twelve Kingdoms

Movies
1. Princess Mononoke
2. Voices of a Distant Star
3. Tokyo Godfathers
4. Spirited Away
5. Grave of the Fireflies

Really the same deal as Heza, I don't watch anime so much as I'll just catch it on TV now and then. I haven't seriously watched anything since Champloo came out in 2004. I doubt I'll ever see anything that tops Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, and Samurai Champloo anyhow. However, I'll never be cool enough to associate myself with Kimba the White Lion. Way too hardcore for me. =P
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 6:12am
Originally posted by snooze snooze wrote:

I'll never be cool enough to associate myself with Kimba the White Lion. Way too hardcore for me. =P

Kimba is awesome, I don't know what you're talking about LOL

White lions are my favorite animal.
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 7:26am
South Park, Beavis & Butthead.

Maybe not really "anime", but as close as I ever care to get. I really hated Speed Racer when I was a kid. Never even considered seeing the movie remake.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
snooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 9:02am
For people who don't like anime in general I suggest only 2 series that may just change your mind:

Samurai Champloo
and Cowboy Bebop

Champloo has more of a modern hip hop feel to it, and Bebop is, well as bebop goes, more jazzy. They're by the same studio and they are great stories, lots of humor, plenty of action, very addictive, and it won't seem like a kid's cartoon. Both are in English audio so no need to read subtitles.

If that get's you hooked definitely try FLCL, Ghost in the Shell: SAC (basically a Law & Order anime), Fullmetal Alchemist, Wolf's Rain, Death Note, Trigun, Blood+, Witch Hunter Robin or The Big O.

And then there's always a favorite of mine that arguably is anime but takes place in suburban Chicago and it's hilarious, The Boondocks.

Samurai Champloo (2004-2005)

Cowboy Bebop (1998-1999)

The Boondocks
(2005-present)

Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 7:28pm
I loved Speed Racer...he he he...guess I had a crush on him.   And I loved Gigantor...I had a crush on him too.  And Astro Boy a little crush on him as well...

I loved Aeon Flux on Liquid Television..it was so far out spacey-sexy wierd!

Now...I digress my fav is:

OH BY THE WAY...I saw Sprited Away...wow was that strange but good...want to see it again!

plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 9:19pm
Aeon Flux was good, but it was too short and the reruns were endless.
K'nuckles needs to drown flap jack...do not like that show at all.

Boondocks is very funny...forgot about that one.
What was that other one...afro something....samari?
I saw that once and it was ok.

There are 50 episodes of BLOOD online and I'm pretty stoked to see them all.
It's odd that I find better tv online.  You can watch as many episodes as you want, there are no commercials, you can dictate when to watch and the choices are many times better.
Tv has been sucking hard these days.
was feeling nostalgic
snooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 9:26pm
I forgot about Blood+ that's another really good anime! Nice call shadow.

Lol Alyx... Flapjack? I'm sorry that's just too funny. Cute. LOL

You're right, Aeon Flux was very good.
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 12:37am
yep, watching epi 46 tonight

I hear tell a real movie in the works.
was feeling nostalgic
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 11:43am
Originally posted by snooze snooze wrote:

For people who don't like anime in general I suggest only 2 series that may just change your mind:

Samurai Champloo
and Cowboy Bebop

Thanks for the sample. None of the three does anything nice for me. Bebop and hip hop and rap are definitely not on "my list".

However, I just remembered that there is ONE anime style flick that I did and do like. The original Heavy Metal movie. Great music, and interesting stories, especially the classic 'Vette that the astronaut flies down from orbit to the ground! I always thought that was pretty cool. The warrior chick in the last story was kicking serious a$$ long before anyone heard of Xena!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
snooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 3:16pm
Hehe I hear ya Nauseum. I should say they're suggestions for modern anime if you like that style but of course there's tons of different good stuff out there for different people, whatever blows your hair back. There's some old school anime on this thread so far though, Lupin the Third, Kimba, Detective Conan, Speed Racer, Gigantor, Astro Boy, Rurouni Kenshin, and Heavy Metal. Wowzas. Don't get me wrong though, I think all of these are very good!

Smile
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 4:45pm
A K I R A ! ! !

I enjoyed this more than Heavy Metal.
But, yes the music rocked.
was feeling nostalgic
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 4:50am
WTF????????????????????????????????????????????

Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Darth Pants View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Pants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 11:13am
After a steady diet of mecha/action stuff in my younger days, I've found some really good "grown up" anime the past few years:

Paranoia Agent:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8HChqhHVuU

Monster:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwlCu5TBneE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic