Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV Land's "The Cougar"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banquo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV Land's "The Cougar"
    Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 11:06pm
"From the creator of The Bachelor comes a game-changing, provocative new reality show that redefines the rules of dating. One sexy, single, sophisticated woman is set up with younger men who are all vying for her affection. Through a series of weekly challenges, the men must prove they have what it takes to satisfy a woman of a certain age and avoid the kiss of death: a kiss on the cheek. Watch as The Cougar narrows her choices from 20 to 10 to five, ultimately choosing one lucky man to be her soul mate."

Just when I thought TV Land couldn't get any stupider...

Sponsored Links

TWCFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWCFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 12:48am
And this will be on TV Land?
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 1:23am
Originally posted by TWCFan TWCFan wrote:

And this will be on TV Land?

Yep. Coming soon to a TV Land network near you.Dead

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 2:36am
HEY WAIT A f**kING SECOND!!!

this sounds AWFULLY lot like the bachelorette.

lame.

not even f**king original.

Thumbs%20Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 4:19am
Ain't nuthin' like cradle robbing for the perfect reality-show theme. Disapprove
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 5:04am
They should get some wrinkly old women instead and change the name of the show to "The Sabretooth".... LOL
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 9:35pm
This show would fit right in on reality broadcast television. IMO, the people who watch Beverly Hillbillies, Sandford & Son or Barney & Andy are not the audience that will watch
these reality programs.Unhappy
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 11:39pm
If they get some toothless women, they can call it "The Gumby"....
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 12:34am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Coming soon to TV Land, "Listen Up". An exciting new senior reality show.Wink
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 8:35am

Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

This show would fit right in on reality broadcast television. IMO, the people who watch Beverly Hillbillies, Sandford & Son or Barney & Andy are not the audience that will watch
these reality programs.Unhappy

Bravo!YA DAMNED SKIPPY!!!! Yet another piece of sh*t ad I'll have to fast forward through 800 times a f**king day!!!!! SONSABITCHES!!!!!

AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 8:06pm
Well just to go off on a technical rant, I'm not sure if these women are real cougars. Call me old fashioned but a real cougar is some woman between the ages of over the age of 45. What they call Cougars today are what they use to call MILF. But then again, I'm not sure TV Land would be comfortable calling a TV show "The MILF"

The breakdown as I see it..

45+ year old women dating 25-40 year old men = Cougar
45- year old women dating 18-30 year old guys = Milf
55 year old women dating an 17 year old dude - Kinda creepy

The real "cougars" that I know are generally women in their 50's who would be flattered if they found someone a little bit younger then them (about usually 8 to 15 years younger) who wanted to spend some time with them. However pop culture likes to push some kinky image of predatory senior citizens hanging out in arcades. I know that actually happens but it isn't normal, no matter how "sultry" Hollywood likes to portray it.
PrinceJ View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrinceJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 12:23pm

Maybe we should change the name of TVLand to "Goomer TV" in honor of Daisy May Moses aka Granny (Irene Ryan).

clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 3:45pm
To me the original one they had on here doesn't even look older than mid 30's.  IDK
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Coming soon to TV Land, "Listen Up". An exciting new senior reality show.Wink

Ohhhhhhhhhh Boy!!

TAKE ME TO TV LAND!!!

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2009 at 9:18pm
Older hot women stopped being hot when they learned of the term "cougar" and embraced it.

Now when they are seen out, it is sad.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 6:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic