Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gawdam CHEESE WRAPPERS!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttyflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gawdam CHEESE WRAPPERS!
    Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 10:39am
It Started with CNN During Gulf war I: the need to announce /whatever/ on the lower half of the TV screen no matter how it marrs the picture on screen.

Now assholes like the History channel and especially SCiFi have to: HAVE TO block the damn screen especially when there is translated dialogue or it is BRIEFLY displaying a location or a point in time that is critical to the story to display a cheese wrapper with some future program announcement...

I was watching X files and ASSHOLES at SCIFI blocked out the location of where Mulder was just to tell me for the 400th fraken-time that the Battlestar gallactica season premere was going to occur in 3 months!

Today watching AMC or A&E whoever, I was watching Moscow on the Hudson but those suckafux flashed a garrame cheese wrapper to announce some goddam program that was coming out in APRIL; AP-Funkin-PRIL and Blocked out the translated russian dialogue, it was on for three mins. and just as the conversation ended so did the fukkin cheese wrapper! So, I missed vital info: don't these assholes watch the f**kin programme when they flash that sh*t!????
We've stopped Chris Berman's douche-y whoop, we've stopped the Velvetta "LIQUID GOOOOOOOOLD" a$$hole, now we have to stop the Beady-eyed nasal voiced Paxson chic!
Sponsored Links

JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 7:08am
I hate that crap.  On early Sunday mornings, I like to watch History's Lost and Found.  And they do that at times, when they go to show where it could be seen now.  Have you noticed that it is only the times, when something important is being shown, that they pull that crap.
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009 at 3:21am
I'm not a big fan of regulation, but the FCC should outlaw ANY overlay of TV programs anywhere on the screen, except bona fide emergency alerts by local stations. We watch the commercials, we should be able to see the programs uninterrupted.
Hundreds of threads killed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic