Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The confession thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The confession thread
    Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 8:38pm
Go ahead, let it out, one at a time.

CONFESSION:  I used to be a fan of the Power Rangers.
Mankind is divided into two classes: those who earn their living by the sweat of their brow, and those who sell them handkerchiefs, cold drinks, and electric fans.
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 8:42pm

THAT took a LOT of backbone, Glitch!

O.K....my turn.

I confess that I'm Catholic and not allowed to confess outside of a professional confessional, to a confessor.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Glitch View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 9:26pm
CONFESSION:  I used to have a crush on Gadget (the mouse from the old 80s Disney cartoon Chip n' Dale: Rescue Rangers).  It was a very strange phase.
Mankind is divided into two classes: those who earn their living by the sweat of their brow, and those who sell them handkerchiefs, cold drinks, and electric fans.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 10:16pm
I didn't do it.
Glitch View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 10:22pm
CONFESSION:  I once shaved my crotch, and my legs.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 2:06am
Originally posted by Glitch Glitch wrote:

Thanks for that.Dead

I once skipped school.Sleepy
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 3:46am
I'm missing something, Glitch.  Seriously.  Do you have this overwhelming need to spill your guts about everything in your life, or is it the overwhelming need to have others spill theirs?

And confessing about the Power Rangers isn't surprising, since another of your threads is about being a Transformers fan.

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 3:46am
Originally posted by Glitch Glitch wrote:

I never, ever needed to know that.  Thanks for sharing. Dead
msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 5:39am
My first concert was New Kids on the Block (hiding in the dark out of shame)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 2:18pm
Many, many years ago we were in the front row of an auditorium where Yusuf Islam was the main attraction. He chanted to the crowd for quite a while. It was a very nice evening.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by msdeli msdeli wrote:

My first concert was New Kids on the Block (hiding in the dark out of shame)

Hah...just three minutes ago, I made a post about them in the Spice Girls thread. 

Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 2:40pm
I know this is being a damper, but (and I'm not alone in this) when it comes to things like pop culture, I just don't get the idea of "guilty pleasures" and embarrassment about what someone used to like. When it comes to things like that, it should be just pleasures, period. I know the whole idea is meant to take the form of jokes (as it's doing here) but somewhere along the way, a lot of people started to take the whole thing too seriously (including me on and off, in spite of what I started out saying). Maybe I'm being to literal, but I always wonder how often there's actual guilt and embarrassment involved. And about what? - a lot of entertainment and clothing & hair styles and so on. Again, I'm not talking about anyone here, but IN GENERAL, the whole thing really gets out of hand. PaWolf's joke makes a lot of sense - you'd think people really were at a confessional.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Many, many years ago we were in the front row of an auditorium where Yusuf Islam was the main attraction. He chanted to the crowd for quite a while. It was a very nice evening.

Pre-Yusaf, Cat Stevens, was one of my favorites. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Pre-Yusaf, Cat Stevens, was one of my favorites. 
...and that is exactly who we saw.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 6:30pm
I watch the show Hannah Montana...and I like it!

(hides to escape the oncoming onslaught)
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

I watch the show Hannah Montana...and I like it!

(hides to escape the oncoming onslaught)

I used to watch it in the first season.  Back when Miley's character was sweet and unassuming and her dad was the smart mature one in the house.

As with all things, now it has to be over the top, with Miley's character overacting and being a brat and her father has now become dumb as a stump.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 7:29pm
last night was the first time I ever saw "Field of Dreams".
The artist formerly known as Madawee

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

last night was the first time I ever saw "Field of Dreams".

This reminds me of the Air Tran commercial where the announcer who either is or, is immitating Don La Fontaine, says to the guy in the commercial he's talking to:

Announcer: Go build a baseball field.

Guy: No

Announcer: Please?

Guy: No! That's ridiculous.

Announcer: No one ever wants to build the baseball field.   LOL

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 7:45pm
I have never watched any of the Star Wars movies. I never had any interest, and then I just got stubborn about it.  But then, I've never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies, either.

Actually, I'm just not interested in sci/fi or adventure movies for the most part.

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 8:05pm
I recently went to see Hotel For Dogs, and got teary-eyed.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 8:56pm
Oh well, here goes, I checked to see if Mikey's (my dog) biscuits were, indeed, "extra tasty"............they weren't!Dead
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 9:26pm
I allow my dog to lick my face. A lot.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

Oh well, here goes, I checked to see if Mikey's (my dog) biscuits were, indeed, "extra tasty"............they weren't!Dead

LOLLOLLOL
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by NathanAlexander NathanAlexander wrote:

I allow my dog to lick my face. A lot.
Those are just doggie kisses, you MUST have doggie kisses!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
ShockedConfusedI confess I initially read BM's post VERY WRONG, and almost had a seizure.LOL 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic